Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 26, 2010, 09:30:05 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 26, 2010, 09:26:53 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 26, 2010, 09:25:56 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 26, 2010, 03:51:55 PM
Killinkere are joined up with Cuchulainns for U-16 and are called St Killians. Somebody is getting mixed up.
Good win for Cootehill Celt Man. You's really seem to have the Indian sign of your neighbours ha.

Cavan Gaels 2nd team were beating Knockbride by 6 points going into injury time and conceded 2-1 in the last few minutes. Nightmare.

im sure you're gutted for your neighbours  ;)

I've a pain in my face from smiling the whole day!!  ;D ;D ;D

;D, How are drumgoon shaping up?
Did they have all the major lads,McDonald/McNally/Hannon/Fannin and co, out for the derby?  ;)
Is it true some of the drumgoons best players are actually from one of Cootehill's biggest estates and should rightly be playing for the Celts?

Ahh hard to know what to make of yesterday's game.  I doubt either side would be too happy with their performance to be honest.  Aye they had all those boys playing.
Yea well Fannin lives in the biggest estate in Cootehill - I'd say maybe 800 metres from the pitch!  They would have another two that live in Cootehill on the senior team.  And their two wing forwards for the Juniors live in Cootehill too.

As for should be rightly playing for Cootehill - well I don't know when you live in Cootehill and there is a GAA team in the town, it's hard to explain why you would be playing for anyone else.  That's only my opinion though
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 26, 2010, 09:37:46 PM
Killinkere are joined up with Cuchulainns for U-16 and are called St Killians. Somebody is getting mixed up.
Good win for Cootehill Celt Man. You's really seem to have the Indian sign of your neighbours ha.

Cavan Gaels 2nd team were beating Knockbride by 6 points going into injury time and conceded 2-1 in the last few minutes. Nightmare.

Did they have all the major lads,McDonald/McNally/Hannon/Fannin and co, out for the derby?  ;)
Is it true some of the drumgoons best players are actually from one of Cootehill's biggest estates and should rightly be playing for the Celts?

Ahh hard to know what to make of yesterday's game.  I doubt either side would be too happy with their performance to be honest.  Aye they had all those boys playing.
Yea well Fannin lives in the biggest estate in Cootehill - I'd say maybe 800 metres from the pitch!  They would have another two that live in Cootehill on the senior team.  And their two wing forwards for the Juniors live in Cootehill too.

As for should be rightly playing for Cootehill - well I don't know when you live in Cootehill and there is a GAA team in the town, it's hard to explain why you would be playing for anyone else.  That's only my opinion though

Heard that from a Cootehill man alright, who didnt have one postitive thing to say for the Goonies or some of their players  :D  :D
You're right in thinking that,i would agree with you. im sure it doesnt help relations between you two,thats for sure!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 26, 2010, 09:42:24 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 26, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Heard that from a Cootehill man alright, who didnt have one postitive thing to say for the Goonies or some of their players  :D  :D
You're right in thinking that,i would agree with you. im sure it doesnt help relations between you two,thats for sure!!

Jaysus I'd be surprised to hear someone saying that!!
To be honest, the players would get on for the most part but some of the supporters....

Lawrence of Knockbride

Well just to add some balance, a goonie once told me that the parish that Drumgoon represents (not sure if it's called Drumgoon or something else) goes right into the town and it could be a matter of what side of the road you live on that determines where you're from. Yeah I know, sounds like bullshit to me too.

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 26, 2010, 09:57:54 PM
Well just to add some balance, a goonie once told me that the parish that Drumgoon represents (not sure if it's called Drumgoon or something else) goes right into the town and it could be a matter of what side of the road you live on that determines where you're from. Yeah I know, sounds like bullshit to me too.

same sort of situation in belturbet,once you cross the bridge your in drumlanes parish,still basically the town of belturbet though.alot of the belturbet team are from the drumlane parish.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Babe Ruth 47

TOM HUMPHRIES - The Times

Time for a rant on the confused morals of the GAA – Part One: alcohol Part Two: underage competition

OKAY. BAD MOOD. So first things first. This column will be personally sponsoring a nationwide competition to see who can drink the most liquor from a newly-modified GAA cup as the alcohol – poitín for competitive purposes – drains from the holes which the shiny-suited county secretary has drilled in the cup as per Cavan's skin-crawlingly embarrassing motion to congress last week. Entries on a postcard please.

Having done that and sold the TV rights, this column proposes legal action against anybody who tampers in any way with the GAA's trophies. That's from the Liam McCarthy, the Sam Maguire, the Bob O'Keeffe down to the Harty Cup and the Hogan Cup and beyond. These are cultural artefacts held in trust by the GAA. Just because Cavan never win them or would be too stingy to fill them doesn't give Cavan the right to turn them into colanders.

Let's just grow up about drink. The culture has changed. People's attitudes have changed. That is good. There is less cultural tolerance for chucking drink across counters at underage people, whether those underage people have just won a county title or not. That is good.

Is this the best our bloody couty board can come up with. They are pathetic, thay can't organise a league final and they come up with this manure!

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Dougal on April 26, 2010, 10:44:21 PM

same sort of situation in belturbet,once you cross the bridge your in drumlanes parish,still basically the town of belturbet though.alot of the belturbet team are from the drumlane parish.

Hmmm and the all the abuse we get for having foreign players!  :-\

Our seconds game was a shambles - No way we should lose in that situation. We couldnt cope with Tierney moved into full forward. Lads panicked. In fairness to Knockbride they never gave up so credit to them.

And as for the alcohol in cup scenario - I was embarrassed reading that article. I think people in the county board should be concentrating on improving Cavan football - seems to me they just want to get Cavan mentioned in the media (and for all the bad reasons at that).

Denn Forever

How many people are living in Dublin but still play in Cavan for their home parish?

You play for your parish.  Anything else just wouldn't feel right.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 27, 2010, 10:35:23 AM
How many people are living in Dublin but still play in Cavan for their home parish?

You play for your parish.  Anything else just wouldn't feel right.

So are you saying that if someone lives in Belturbet but is in the parish of Drumlane they should play for Drumlane and not Belturbet?

Dougal

im from kildallon,went to school in killeshandra though,thats why i played for them and why i support them,infact,if someone asked me where i was from id say killeshandra.it's the same thing with the belturbet lads,any of the lads that are from drumlane went to school in belturbet.i suppose it's understandable,but a bit unfair on the small towns who already have it hard enough.now,taking lads from crosserlough and shannon gaels,thats pushing it a bit. :D

denn forever,i hear corr cahill and mcphllips are all injured,any of them back for the match on friday?

Denn Forever

Unfortunately don't know as I was away but we got a droubing at Kingscourt so maybe it was a good thing.  Hope it is not like last year all over again.

Dougal describes perfectly what I feel.  Where you were brought up playing. 

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on April 27, 2010, 01:52:51 AM
TOM HUMPHRIES - The Times

Time for a rant on the confused morals of the GAA – Part One: alcohol Part Two: underage competition

OKAY. BAD MOOD. So first things first. This column will be personally sponsoring a nationwide competition to see who can drink the most liquor from a newly-modified GAA cup as the alcohol – poitín for competitive purposes – drains from the holes which the shiny-suited county secretary has drilled in the cup as per Cavan's skin-crawlingly embarrassing motion to congress last week. Entries on a postcard please.

Having done that and sold the TV rights, this column proposes legal action against anybody who tampers in any way with the GAA's trophies. That's from the Liam McCarthy, the Sam Maguire, the Bob O'Keeffe down to the Harty Cup and the Hogan Cup and beyond. These are cultural artefacts held in trust by the GAA. Just because Cavan never win them or would be too stingy to fill them doesn't give Cavan the right to turn them into colanders.

Let's just grow up about drink. The culture has changed. People's attitudes have changed. That is good. There is less cultural tolerance for chucking drink across counters at underage people, whether those underage people have just won a county title or not. That is good.

Is this the best our bloody couty board can come up with. They are pathetic, thay can't organise a league final and they come up with this manure!

Humphries wouldnt even know where Cavan is,as its outside the pale,so any comments from him is null and void.
It is a pathetic bullshit motion,put forward by arseholes,they have time to discuss this shite,but they werent fit to appoint their own manager without outside help.  ;D
Pathetic!!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on April 27, 2010, 11:53:31 AM
im from kildallon,went to school in killeshandra though,thats why i played for them and why i support them,infact,if someone asked me where i was from id say killeshandra.it's the same thing with the belturbet lads,any of the lads that are from drumlane went to school in belturbet.i suppose it's understandable,but a bit unfair on the small towns who already have it hard enough.now,taking lads from crosserlough and shannon gaels,thats pushing it a bit. :D

denn forever,i hear corr cahill and mcphllips are all injured,any of them back for the match on friday?
Most of the Division 1 games are on Friday it seems-were they recently changed?

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 27, 2010, 01:46:00 PM
Quote from: Dougal on April 27, 2010, 11:53:31 AM

Most of the Division 1 games are on Friday it seems-were they recently changed?

dont know,i was told yesterday that they were on,on friday.

denn forever,where is your pitch?

myles,do you know why adie burns and justin hayes arent playing this year?injuries?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on April 26, 2010, 10:44:21 PM

Yea all of Cootehill town is in the parish of Drumgoon