Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

A time of great pride for the Gaels. Congratulations. ;)

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 21, 2010, 01:49:23 PM

it's embarrassing really.  Who sponsored the Div. 1 league last year?  I would be fecking raging if I did
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Thastheball on April 21, 2010, 02:34:55 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 21, 2010, 01:51:28 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 21, 2010, 01:49:23 PM

it's embarrassing really.  Who sponsored the Div. 1 league last year?  I would be fecking raging if I did

I would also be raging, at castlerahan for not playing the game that was fixed and bringing the last yaers final into further disrepute.

It's about time really. I heard somewhere that Castlerahan had close to 10 games called off last year. They are lucky they are not getting fined for this latest stunt.

Should be the team at the top of the league at end of the season takes the trophy - simple as. Saves all this bull of playing games in the depths of winter (or the following year! :-\)

By the way, hello all! Long time reader, first time poster!

Celt_Man

Good to have another club represented on here - will give more diversity to our debates!!  :P

As for Lawrence's earlier comments about two poster in opposition at the weekend - I'm still not ready to talk about it and have the wee matter of the Goonies on Sunday to focus on!!!

Terry Coyle

I'll look forward to the debates, there are a few previous comments I had to bite my lip at but will definitely be interesting! :)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Terry Coyle on April 21, 2010, 10:06:49 PM
I'll look forward to the debates, there are a few previous comments I had to bite my lip at but will definitely be interesting! :)

Oh you should let it all out!!
I promise not to question Seanies greatness anymore not that there is a gael on the board :D

Terry Coyle

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 21, 2010, 10:39:12 PM
Quote from: Terry Coyle on April 21, 2010, 10:06:49 PM

Oh you should let it all out!!
I promise not to question Seanies greatness anymore not that there is a gael on the board :D

Some of your previous comments have already been noted myles!  :P

Lawrence of Knockbride

Welcome aboard Terry. I think most are in agreement that it should be top of the league that is the winner especially when they're increasing the league to 16 teams. I spoke to a lad from Galway the other day and they split their top division into two sections. Each team plays each other once and I think maybe then the top two play off. The league games are run off throughout the year along with the championship. Anyway it seems our lads are more concerned with stopping champions drinking from their trophies. :-[

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/embarrassing-trophy-ruling-holds-the-gaa-up-to-ridicule-2145433.html

boojangles

Quote from: Terry Coyle on April 21, 2010, 09:17:29 PM

Welcome Terry. Its about time we had a Cavan Gaels poster.

Are you anything to the Taxi Driver?

Terry Coyle

Quote from: boojangles on April 21, 2010, 10:59:05 PM
Quote from: Terry Coyle on April 21, 2010, 09:17:29 PM

Welcome Terry. Its about time we had a Cavan Gaels poster.

Are you anything to the Taxi Driver?

A distant relation! I know you lads try your best to work out who someone is so I will need to be on my guard!  ;D

Western Blue

I gather T.C. has arranged 2 challenge games against Mayo and Dublin shortly. Does anyone know the dates and venues as I would like to go along  particularly the match against Mayo who are serious contenders for an All Ireland title. Watched them already this year against Dublin and Monaghan. They have a great squad this year.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 21, 2010, 10:57:22 PM
Welcome aboard Terry. I think most are in agreement that it should be top of the league that is the winner especially when they're increasing the league to 16 teams. I spoke to a lad from Galway the other day and they split their top division into two sections. Each team plays each other once and I think maybe then the top two play off. The league games are run off throughout the year along with the championship. Anyway it seems our lads are more concerned with stopping champions drinking from their trophies. :-[

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/embarrassing-trophy-ruling-holds-the-gaa-up-to-ridicule-2145433.html

As a latecomer to the GAA, one thing i never understood was that the team that actually finished top of the league wasnt automatically crowned champions. If the CB or whatever want extra gate receipts, they should make the team that finished 2nd from bottom in Div 1 play off the second team in Div.2 for the right to trade places. At least that way something is at stake. Last year Bailieborough had promotion wrapped up fairly early in the league but lost to Laragh in the semi-finals, who finished fourth. Even if Laragh had have won the final to be crowned Div. 3 champions they wouldn't have been promoted so it's just a joke and a pointless fixture.

With regards to the cup thing, whether someone drilled 50 holes in a cup my team won I'd still try my luck at drinking out of it - although it might be the death of a shirt ;D Anyway, it's not as if people drink out cups on the pitch anyway..it's usually done in the pub light at night where no young kid should be anyway

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on April 22, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 21, 2010, 10:57:22 PM

As a latecomer to the GAA, one thing i never understood was that the team that actually finished top of the league wasnt automatically crowned champions. If the CB or whatever want extra gate receipts, they should make the team that finished 2nd from bottom in Div 1 play off the second team in Div.2 for the right to trade places. At least that way something is at stake. Last year Bailieborough had promotion wrapped up fairly early in the league but lost to Laragh in the semi-finals, who finished fourth. Even if Laragh had have won the final to be crowned Div. 3 champions they wouldn't have been promoted so it's just a joke and a pointless fixture.

With regards to the cup thing, whether someone drilled 50 holes in a cup my team won I'd still try my luck at drinking out of it - although it might be the death of a shirt ;D Anyway, it's not as if people drink out cups on the pitch anyway..it's usually done in the pub light at night where no young kid should be anyway

Yea I know that feeling, we got promoted from Division 3 a couple of years ago with a couple of games to spare.  There was quarter finals that year so we're played Cornafean who were 8th and they beat us - well in the end I think.  We deserve it though!!

Celt_Man

Boojangles I'm waiting on another round of your predictions.....

oh and don't think I didn't notice you putting Kill down for the win against yourselves last weekend in your own pitch... playing mind games within your own panel!!

BallyhaiseMan

Predictions for this weekend

Division 2, Kill V Ballyhaise, Kill win
Division 2A, Kill v Ballyhaise,Kill win
Division 3A,Cornafean V Ballyhaise, Cornafean win.

No Mind games here.