Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Hopefully it will be played on the Breffni pitch as it deserves that respect. 

Were they expecting a small crowd and therefore put it on the 3G pitch?  What is the viewing like at the 3G pitch?  Just trying to imagine it. 

It looks like it would have been a great evening for it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 14, 2010, 05:41:00 PM
Hopefully it will be played on the Breffni pitch as it deserves that respect. 

Were they expecting a small crowd and therefore put it on the 3G pitch?  What is the viewing like at the 3G pitch?  Just trying to imagine it. 

It looks like it would have been a great evening for it.

I think they built a stand for it which I think is silly....  The 3 G pitch should be used for blitzes and training for county teams and as well as an alternative venue for underage club games when both teams pitches are available.  It should not be pushed as a venue in itself like it was for holding a Division 1 final.  Underage finals shouldn't even be played on it never mind adult ones
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Not much on club football here...  it kicked off last weekend with Killeshandra beating Crosserlough by a point and Knockbride beat Ballyhaise after Larry got sent off in the first half. 

I didn't even know those games were on till I heard the results.  I thought everything was kicking off this weekend.

Dougal

the stand isnt silly.it payed my wages for a week ;D
to be honest though,it's a terrible design,and on a slightly wet and windy day,everyone in the stand will get wet.a woeful waste of money in my opinion.

ye,there wasnt much talk about club football,but there werent many matches on,it really kicks off on sunday.how come the fixtures for round 1 had games at 3 different times and this week there all within a half hour of each other,i was hoping to see a second match.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Prediction time lads.

Division 1
Killygarry v Gowna- Will be tight but Il go for Killygarry, narrow win.
Mullahoran v Castlerhan- Ulster League should stand to both teams-Castlerahan.
Cuchulainn v Cavan Gaels -Gaels may be slow to start but should scrape through.
Ramor Utd v Redhills- Ramor
Crosserlough v Belturbet-Belturbet
Ballinagh v Killeshandra- Good win last week for the Leaguers,may continue the run against Ballinagh who were late finding a manager- Killeshandra.
Lacken v Kingscourt- Kingscourt
Denn v Lavey- Local derby could be tight but home advantage may swing it for Denn.

Division 2
Killinkere v Drung- Drung
Drumalee v Kill- Kill
Ballyhaise v Cootehill- Ballyhaise to bounce back against Cootehill who will be missing McCutcheon,Colm Smith and most importantly 'Celt Man' ;D.
Drumgoon v Knockbride- Knockbride
Cavan Gaels v Drumlane- Drumlane have a few old heads back this year and may be a team to watch- Drumlane
Butlersbridge v Bailieboro- Bailieboro

Division 3
Templeport v Ballymachugh- Ballymachugh
Kildallon v Maghera- Kildallon
Arva v Laragh Utd- Laragh
Shannon Gaels v Corlough- Shannon Gaels
Swanlinbar v Kingscourt- Swad
Cornafean v Munterconnacht- Cornafean
Mountnugent v Killygarry- Mountnugent

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 14, 2010, 08:37:36 PM
Ballyhaise v Cootehill- Ballyhaise to bounce back against Cootehill who will be missing McCutcheon,Colm Smith and most importantly 'Celt Man' ;D.

Hold on a minute, rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!! 
Whether I will be picked or not will be another story!! ;D

Tough game though can't imagine they will be too happy about last week's result - ahh sure hopefully we'll give them a game

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 14, 2010, 08:47:06 PM

Tough game though can't imagine they will be too happy about last week's result - ahh sure hopefully we'll give them a game

The way you went down in that Junior game I was looking for a sniper in the stand :D :D
It did look bad though.
Make sure ya get a rap at BH Man if your playing,he should b around the middle of the field.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 14, 2010, 10:09:31 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 14, 2010, 08:47:06 PM

The way you went down in that Junior game I was looking for a sniper in the stand :D :D
It did look bad though.
Make sure ya get a rap at BH Man if your playing,he should b around the middle of the field.

Sure I'll just hit as many wearing a Ballyhaise jersey as I see and sure I'm bound to get him at some stage!!  ;D

BallyhaiseMan

im not sure who Celt Man is tbh,
I know he was Cootehills junior captain a few years ago though,il have to do some research before Sunday.  ;)
some of our big junior lads will have be getting some instructions Friday Night at training  ;D

As for our game last saturday that boojangles mentioned,we were absolutely horrendous.
Larry got gate in the first half for saying some "nice things" to the Referee,which i wont repeat on here.  :D
Cootehill are one of the best teams at this level,so it should be a good game sunday.

Denn Forever

List of current stalkers

Cavan4sam.
Boojangles

BHM don't fall into the same trap the above (according to you) have fallen into.
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 15, 2010, 10:21:26 AM
List of current stalkers

Cavan4sam.
Boojangles

BHM don't fall into the same trap the above (according to you) have fallen into.

ah sure its all abit of fun DF
Boojangles will pay for his shit stirring with a few raps in a few weeks time  ;)  ;D

Denn Forever

So Boojangles be on your guard.  Any targeting above the norm it could be BHM.
means what he says...

boojangles

BH Man has stalked me since I came on this board.Don't let him fool ya Denn.

Why was the League Final called off? To say its only gone beyond a joke would be beyond a joke.

Dougal

castlerahan didnt want to play it,have 5 or 6 injuries and a few of last years players abroad.the auld lad was talking to someone on the county board yesterday afternoon and he said he wouldnt be surprised if it was never played.when did the league start last year?2nd or 3rd week in february.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

the colonel

I seen yesterday there is an ad in the paper for Regional Hurling Development Officer with Ulster Council for Cavan/Fermanagh. Is there much of a hurling scene in Cavan?
the difference between success and failure is energy