Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 02, 2010, 05:49:38 PM
Put it up

fell for it hook line but no sinker as I went into a corner and told nobody but hoping it wasn't true.

it unfortunately had a ring of truth about it.

Though I'm glad you told us before we went to the game tutting about how hard it would be to other supporter.

B**tard.

Haha, I shoulda said nothing  ;D

Now now DF, i made you look like a fool on here, I wouldn't embarrass you in front of your friends  :D :D

Dougal

put-it-up,you had me with givney,but then i realised what was going on,because i had thought of doing the same,only with two different players.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

You didn't fool me put it up cos I didn't get a chance to read your post, I went down to Kingscourt to see Gary Breen training with the stars instead!

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 02, 2010, 10:34:07 PM
You didn't fool me put it up cos I didn't get a chance to read your post, I went down to Kingscourt to see Gary Breen training with the stars instead!

You know what they say, we all dream of a team of Gary Breen's..and number 1 is Gary Breen etc etc!

Anyway, this poster needs his beauty sleep. Best of luck tomorrow lads.

Celt_Man

In between stories of rabbits in Croke Park, listening to Northern Sound that is some gutsy win for the Cavan men.  Down to 14 men then Monaghan get a goal to go 2 points in front and the boys dig out a win.  Well done lads!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Delighted, led 1-5 to 2, Mcenroe got gate in first half I understand. 1-9 each with 5 to go and won by 1. Well done to all concerned, sticking it up the Mushroom pickers is always a nice feeling just in case they ever forget the old order of things.
Wednesday night against Donegal. Plan a b and c to deal with Big Murphy?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Babe Ruth 47

Well lads, just back in, absolutely delighted. We showed tremendous bottle, the sending off and Monaghan goal came within a minute of each other. (T'was about 10 minutes from the end as far as I recall, left the phone in the car in the panic to get to the game, 3 mile tailbacks on the Belfast road).

What pleased me the most was the performance in the middle of the field. Givney was immense, absolutely brilliant performance. He won a serious amount of clean balll, and he broke the ball with purpose instead of just for the sake of doing it. His point at the end turned out to be the winning score, great score receiving the ball about 50 meters out, jinking his man and sending it over from about 40 yards. What really summed up his performance was a couple of minutes later, when a Cavan attack broke down, Givney found himself a good 15 yards behind his man, made a lung bursting run the length of the field eventually winning the ball back in the full back line.

Great presence about Cavan in the middle sector, some good physical men. Obviously there are negatives too, after going 1-5 to 0 up we didn't score again until 8 minutes into the second half. We needed to manufacture a simple score when Monaghan posed a comeback, but failed to do so, wasting numerous chances. We can't afford to let leads slip like that. 

Little worried about fb, Dunne got caught out with a few high balls kicked in, that surely won't go unnoticed by Donegal.

Again delighted, great Cavan support too, really looking forward to the final.

Denn Forever

What about the perforance of te 16th man?  I reckon 85% of te crowd were from Cavan.

McEnroe got 2nd yellow card about 15 minutes in to the 2nh half and was dissapointed and trudged off slowly.  I reckon the goal came when the Cavanv full back came out with the ball and thought that McEnroe was still on the pitch and tried to pass it to him.

Come on Cavan.  Any word when/where the final will be?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Final is on Wednesday... maybe in Enniskillen again?

boojangles

Brilliant stuff and Well Done to all involved. 1st Ulster Final in 5 years at any level so that alone is a positive. After a great start we faded very badly and only for men like Givney we probably would have been beaten but fair play to the team for digging in after the sending off. It didnt look good as Monaghan got the goal immediately afterwards.
It has to be said though that there were some lads left on the field that should have been off by HT but thankfully we got away with it. Fair play to the management for bringing Niall Smith back on as he has the legs to run at teams when Monaghan had dropped the extra man back and direct ball wasn't working.

It looks like most club games will be off tomorrow as a result. Just waiting on word.Seems a bit mad TBH but I suppose its not every day we make an Ulster Final.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on April 03, 2010, 06:04:25 PM
Brilliant stuff and Well Done to all involved. 1st Ulster Final in 5 years at any level so that alone is a positive. After a great start we faded very badly and only for men like Givney we probably would have been beaten but fair play to the team for digging in after the sending off. It didnt look good as Monaghan got the goal immediately afterwards.
It has to be said though that there were some lads left on the field that should have been off by HT but thankfully we got away with it. Fair play to the management for bringing Niall Smith back on as he has the legs to run at teams when Monaghan had dropped the extra man back and direct ball wasn't working.

It looks like most club games will be off tomorrow as a result. Just waiting on word.Seems a bit mad TBH but I suppose its not every day we make an Ulster Final.

There is some debate about that one

mylestheslasher

Absolutely delighted. Huge amount of fight at the end to sneak a win. Givney and McKiernan in midfield really dug deep in the last 10 minutes. Barry Reilly was poor in 1st half but was outstanding in the 2nd. When it mattered others like Dunne at FB and Daragh Tighe stood up and were counted. f**king lovely to beat Monaghan. Donegal look like a giant team but I think we can have the legs on them, dealing with Murphy will be the key but if we can win midfield and deprive Murphy of ball then we have a chance.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 06:07:49 PM

I was told that any team with an U21 player of their team can have their game called off if they want.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 03, 2010, 06:11:22 PM

I was told that any team with an U21 player of their team can have their game called off if they want.

Well do yas want it off Celt Man?? I'd like to know before the morning!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 03, 2010, 06:11:22 PM

That may depend on whether they are on the team, panel or squad... the plot thickens!