Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Not good in enniskillen men.
Unless there is a serious thaw i would say that the match is off
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

put-it-up

Just spent a half an hour in the snow digging a track in the garden to get out. That snow keeps coming the way it is, I know I won't be going to the game tomorrow!! ;D ;D

jimjim

Pitch inspection in Brewster at 11 this morning. Enniskillen not as bad as Cavan with snow but still doubtful.

put-it-up

Long Ball

Castlewellan Invitational Sevens
Sponsored by Azzurri

A Chara

I have pleasure in inviting your Club to participate in our Invitational seven-a-side senior football competition which will be held on Saturday 1st May 2010 in Castlewellan Co. Down. Our Club has been running a very successful men's annual seven-a-side competition for the past 30 years second only in stature to the Dublin Kilmacud Sevens with winners of the Castlewellan sevens receiving invitations each year to enter the prestigious Kilmacud Seven held on the eve of the All-Ireland final. Indeed many of the Castlewellan Sevens winners have gone on to win the Kilmacud Sevens in the same year.

Traditionally the Castlewellan Sevens have beed held on the eve of the All-Ireland hurling final but due to increasing club commitments at this time of years we have decided to relaunch our sevens competition in 2010 for the earlier date of Saturday May 1st. Also for the first time ever we will be hosting our Ladies annual seven-a-side competition on the same day. The winning team in each competitions this year will receive £1000.00 and runners-up £250.

This is an official GAA tournament and normal GAA rules apply, each participating club must obtain permission in writing from its respective County Committee. It is also a requirement that clubs are covered under the Players' Injury Scheme currently approved by Ard Chomhairle.

The Sevens are of course more than a highly competitive one-day competition. It is always a great social occasion and we can guarantee you a warm Co Down welcome to Castlewellan and to our Clubrooms where we will provide top quality meals for all players and officials and host a grand evenings entertainment. Many Clubs opt to stay over in some of the Town's fine guesthouses and local hotels a list of which is also attached.

I look forward to welcoming you to our Club on Saturday 1st May. A competition of this level with top quality prizes and meals for all competitors and officials makes it necessary for us to set a fee to off-set the expenses involved, the entry fee this year is £160stg per team or €180, please make cheques payable to Castlewellan G.A.C. Entry forms may be posted to secretary.castlewellan.down@gaa.ie

For further details of the competition including past winners etc please visit our website at  http://castlewellangac.webs.com/castlewellan7s.htm

Mise le mor-mheas

Rónán O'Cionga

Ronan O Cionga
Runai
Drive yer boot in her!!

Celt_Man

Surely they are no doubt because of the weather... Sure when all that snow melts, the pitches will have some water lying on them??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 31, 2010, 03:57:16 PM
Surely they are no doubt because of the weather... Sure when all that snow melts, the pitches will have some water lying on them??

well all the snow round my way has melted,and if it keeps fairly dry till the weekend theres no reason why pitches wouldnt be playable.i hear the snow was very bad around the baileboro area,so maybe some pitches might have alot of snow on them.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Dougal

just took a glance at the celt there,it says we have a full squad to choose from,as minagh and maloney-derham are back from injury,so is keating not involed with the u21s this year,or whats the story with him?

celt man,was it you that mentioned clubs being able to postpone league games if we win?where did you hear that?because i heard from a club secretary,that it was talked about,but it was decided to not go ahead with it.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

beer baron

Quote from: Dougal on March 31, 2010, 10:38:20 PM
just took a glance at the celt there,it says we have a full squad to choose from,as minagh and maloney-derham are back from injury,so is keating not involed with the u21s this year,or whats the story with him?

celt man,was it you that mentioned clubs being able to postpone league games if we win?where did you hear that?because i heard from a club secretary,that it was talked about,but it was decided to not go ahead with it.

League games on saturday are postponed and any team playing on sunday with a player involved in u-21s can get their game postponed but all junior b games have to be played.Think thats what it is,as ever county board give us a bit of a code to try crack.

put-it-up

The 2 Cadbury's Ulster U21 Football Championship semi finals will now be a double header at Brewster Park Enniskillen on Saturday. Derry v Donegal at 12.15pm and Cavan v Monaghan at 2.00pm.

put-it-up

Just heard some bad news regarding the u21's. >:( David Givney apparently went over on his shoulder last night in training and dislocated it and is out of the game on Saturday..He was meant to have bumped into Barry Reilly, who is also now a huge doubt after the hefty clash..

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Give it long

Can we safely assume that was an effort at an April fool in poor taste?