Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

I know he is retired but I was told yesterday that he was now back living in Mayo and if it were true it just seems a lot of commuting to carry out his duties.

Celt_Man

Is the snow pretty bad at home there?  bad enough for the games to be cancelled at the weekend??

Is the Under 21 match in doubt tomorrow night so?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Snow very bad around Cavan Town but nothing up Kingscourt direction. Forecast says that it should ease this evening but not stop. Some luck when it's been dry half of March and now it starts to snow as we enter April. Hopefully tomorrow night well get the go-ahead

Dougal

good bit of snow so far,it's not sticking,but if it keeps up like this for much longer,id have my doubts about the games at the weekend.that would be a good start,first round cancelled.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on March 30, 2010, 01:34:58 PM
good bit of snow so far,it's not sticking,but if it keeps up like this for much longer,id have my doubts about the games at the weekend.that would be a good start,first round cancelled.

Yep start as you mean to go on!!
If Cavan win tomorrow night, any club with under 21 players can postponed their game anyway!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 30, 2010, 01:36:12 PM

Yep start as you mean to go on!!
If Cavan win tomorrow night, any club with under 21 players can postponed their game anyway!!
Seriously? Cos I think that the Gaels and Killeshandra both had 3 last week and nobody else had more than 1 so that would mean 10 clubs having this option on the starting line-up alone.
Where are you based Dougal? It's certainly sticking in and around the town area.

Dougal

just outside killeshandra,i suppose it is fairly sticking to the grass.

ye both had 3,ballinagh had 2,and i think the rest were from different clubs.

hope we can have the game postponed,because missing those 3 with limited numbers as it is would be a serious blow.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cornafean

Quote from: Western Blue on March 30, 2010, 10:36:41 AM
I know he is retired but I was told yesterday that he was now back living in Mayo and if it were true it just seems a lot of commuting to carry out his duties.

I think you were told a porky pie  ;)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

beer baron

its like the north pole round my neck of the woods

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on March 30, 2010, 04:11:14 PM
its like the north pole round my neck of the woods

It's a good job we're hardy fookers then so!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Seriously bad in Cavan, Balieboro and Virginia at this stage lads. Not sure about Enniskillen but it'd have to be a doubt.

RacingPost09

Word is there is a pitch inspection at 11 in the morning.

put-it-up

Just home from Dublin.

Not a sign of snow on the roads until I got between Kingscourt and Bailieborough..I'm telling ya's it's like a different part of the world here.

Snow is a few inches thick in my garden..If weather is anything like this in Enniskillen then a game of football is defo a no no..

Is nearly April, global warming my arse..Clearly we're not doing enough to help global warming or it's just effecting everywhere else in the world bar Cavan  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Denn Forever

And Enniskillen or we wouldn't be having this debate.

Remember to put a cover of some sort over the windscreen and back window if you are leavig the car outside.  Or maybe it is just the right excuse.................
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Both Ulster U21 Football semi-finals are on Wednesday
Donegal's Mark McHugh and Armagh's Mark McConville
Mark McHugh helped Donegal beat Armagh last week

Both Cadbury's Ulster Under-21 football semi-finals will take place on Wednesday night (2000 BST).

Donegal face Derry at Omagh while Monaghan take on Cavan in another derby clash at Brewster Park.

Cavan surprised last year's beaten All-Ireland finalists Down 3-14 to 1-8 in the first round a week ago, with Monaghan beating Antrim 2-12 to 2-6.

Donegal edged out Armagh 1-9 to 0-9 in the first round while Derry defeated Fermanagh 5-9 to 2-12.

Michael Murphy pulled the strings for Donegal against Armagh and his performance could go a long way to deciding who triumphs at Healy Park.

Derry were installed as favourites are their preliminary round win over Tyrone but Fermanagh then ran the Oak Leafers close at Celtic Park last week.

This was posted at 4:10 this afternoon. Do you think it considered the weather at all?