Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

Any word on John McCutcheon leg injury from the Sligo game..is it long term or will he be back for the Fermanagh game? Told this morning that Seanie Johnston is out of action for this season...huge loss as him self,Brennan and Mackey would be a real treat to any defence.

put-it-up

Quote from: Western Blue on March 29, 2010, 03:12:46 PM
Any word on John McCutcheon leg injury from the Sligo game..is it long term or will he be back for the Fermanagh game? Told this morning that Seanie Johnston is out of action for this season...huge loss as him self,Brennan and Mackey would be a real treat to any defence.

Johnston was kicking points on the 3G pitch in Breffni last week..

Celt_Man

Nope hasn't even had a scan on it yet...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

Hope this delay in scanning won't mess up his injury more.  Is it due to the new rules of expenses for physiotherapy?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 29, 2010, 04:12:30 PM
Hope this delay in scanning won't mess up his injury more.  Is it due to the new rules of expenses for physiotherapy?

No I don't reckon it is but I have no doubt it is delaying his recovery.  Sure how do you know what action to take (rehab, surgery rest etc) if you don't know what the problem actually is.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Dougal on March 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM
HS,if we go up,tommy wil be kept on as manager,thats not what i want,bt ye,why not give it a go?hope the u21 win on wed,plenty of talent,and should be well fit to win

i wouldnt disagree with ya on much Dougal,but i must do so here,
If Carr gets us promoted to Division Two,beats Fermanagh in the championship,and gets us a few rounds further in the qualifiers in the championship(im saying this in that i dont think we will beat Monaghan/Derry/Armagh in an Ulster Semi final)
then i would be of the opinion he should be given the third year in his term.
He has to be given credit in that he has had the team playing some terrific football at times in games against Roscommon/Wexford/Offaly. We rightly criticised him for the bad points(Antrim/Louth),so he deserves some credit when its due.

Western Blue

Went to McHale Park to watch Mayo/Monaghan . Their playing a different game to stuff I have seen so far in Div 3. Speed/Movement and intensity from both sets of players was impressive.
Their U21 players Kevin Hughes,Colin Walshe and livewire Conor McManus had all very good games and looked comfertable playing at senior level.  We will have a job curbing these fellows on Wednesday evening. Not sure if Darren Hughes is u21...some tank of man, kicked a free from 65 yards out from the deck.  Fingers crossed for a Cavan win.

Lawrence of Knockbride

How would you rate the reliability of your source?

Western Blue

His father was speaking to a cousin of mine only last week in Cavan Town about Seanie injury.

cavan4sam

I was just talking to one of the lads on the panel there now and he said that Seanie Johnston is taking part in training sessions but is not getting involved in any of the contact. Reckons he will be back before the championship.

FermGael

down with that sort of thing.
we have enough problems without Johnston being fit
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4sam on March 29, 2010, 09:15:46 PM
I was just talking to one of the lads on the panel there now and he said that Seanie Johnston is taking part in training sessions but is not getting involved in any of the contact. Reckons he will be back before the championship.

He still can't bend the arm proper so it may take longer than expected but he still shud be right for Championship.

Western Blue

Can someone confirm/deny that the Chairman of the Cavan Gaa County Board Tom O'Reilly presently lives/resides in Co.Mayo??

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Western Blue on March 29, 2010, 11:15:21 PM
Can someone confirm/deny that the Chairman of the Cavan Gaa County Board Tom O'Reilly presently lives/resides in Co.Mayo??

Nearly 100% sure he lives in Blacklion but he is originally from Mayo, Bellmullet I think.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 29, 2010, 11:59:08 PM
Quote from: Western Blue on March 29, 2010, 11:15:21 PM

Nearly 100% sure he lives in Blacklion but he is originally from Mayo, Bellmullet I think.

In fairness to the man, I don't think its possible that he could be living in Mayo unless he has a private jet.He attends alot of meetings or other functions and even can be seen at alot of games at al levels during the week. He is a Mayo man and is retired from the prison service but as I believe,he resides in Blacklion.