Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMac

Great to get another win under the belt. Lets home we can keep this form, and not revert to the yoyo form were used to. Mackey is on the form of his life. It should make for an interesting full forward line with him and Johnson in each corner, when Seanie comes back. Hopefully it will work as well in reality as it does in my head!
I really should know this but who is the captain? Is it still Flannagan?

put-it-up

Mackey's emergence and development has been a massive positive and him and Johnston in the corners should cause a few problems in the summer if Nesty, McKeever and Flanagan keep good quality ball coming in. I think we have a very good mobile half forward line there.

Fair play to Mackey, I used to find him so frustrating but he has really kicked on this year.

Be great if we did get promoted but I wouldn't be overly worried about it.

Building towards the summer, which of course is what the league is really about, I would still have a few concerns about us definitely. A couple of lads that TC has tried have taken their chances in fairness to them but there are still a fair few amount of places up for grabs.

I'm still not convinced about Fintan, Corr and our midfield although I think Givney will be there come the summer.

Anyone have any opinions on how McGuigan is getting on at centre=back and Brennan at full-forward? From what I have seen, both have been good in patches..

trim blue

Brennan definitely a better option at FF than Eddie but I would have Cullivan in there come the summer, Brennan is athletic and a sound footballer but to my mind is very ordinary, thought he was very poor against Louth (one of many mind you) his handling and passing was poor and he missed an absolute sitter from 10 yards out. Having said that the reports from the last 2 matches have him playing much better. Think he suffers from being too versatile and having no best position. I like McGuigan, good on the ball and a nice bit of heft which you need at CHB (gets that from the mothers Monaghan side), these games will bring him on well.
ah sure tog out anyway

put-it-up

Nothing to do with Cavan but funny none the less. Check out the Monaghan U21 goalkeepers tackles last wednesday..Hilarious.

http://vimeo.com/channels/95220#10444322

mylestheslasher

Well our outside chance of promotion is now gone but at least we retain our div 3 status with a game to spare.

BallyhaiseMan

Wexford and Sligo loss and Cavan win would leave all on 8

Wexford beat Sligo
Cavan beat Wexford
Sligo beat Cavan

wouldnt it come down to points difference then?

Chances of it happening now is slight though.

mylestheslasher

Jaysus these rules are a bit daft.

Dougal

Still a small possibility of us getting promoted,but,is that a good,i dont were fit for div 2 at the moment.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

HS,if we go up,tommy wil be kept on as manager,thats not what i want,bt ye,why not give it a go?hope the u21 win on wed,plenty of talent,and should be well fit to win
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Quote from: hardstation on March 29, 2010, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Dougal on March 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM
HS,if we go up,tommy wil be kept on as manager,thats not what i want,bt ye,why not give it a go?hope the u21 win on wed,plenty of talent,and should be well fit to win
That is the most fcuked up logic I have ever heard. In saying that, yis got rid of Keoghan for fcuk all (actually, he got yis promoted too, didn't he?).
Who the feck would take that job? Strange bunch of supporters. As soon as you get promoted, you get binned. Jaysus...

With the recession I'd say we can barely afford Carr's eh, expenses! ;D

Ah no boy's for feck sake, I'm no big fan of TC and I think after a year and a half in the job we still have not particular way of playing, but I wouldn't wish we didn't get promoted just to get rid of him.

Tough tough task for the u21's on Wednesday. Monaghan will be very strong and had at least three starting with the senior team today.

Denn Forever

Quote from: hardstation on March 29, 2010, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Dougal on March 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM
That is the most fcuked up logic I have ever heard. In saying that, yis got rid of Keoghan for fcuk all (actually, he got yis promoted too, didn't he?).
Who the feck would take that job? Strange bunch of supporters. As soon as you get promoted, you get binned. Jaysus...[/size]

You forget HS, we are Cavan.
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Approaching Enniskillen the Belturbet way i.e. its probably the Enniskillen-Sligo road how do I get to Brewster Park?
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 29, 2010, 01:41:57 PM
Approaching Enniskillen the Belturbet way i.e. its probably the Enniskillen-Sligo road how do I get to Brewster Park?

Head into the town as far as the first roundabout and take a right off it.   Brewster Park is on a slip road off to the left a couple of hundred metres after that as far as I can remember
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 29, 2010, 01:50:20 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on March 29, 2010, 01:41:57 PM

Head into the town as far as the first roundabout and take a right off it.   Brewster Park is on a slip road off to the left a couple of hundred metres after that as far as I can remember

You have to remember to take the right bridge 1st. When you come in the erne is on your right. Go straight past 1st bridge, then immediately turn right to cross the 2nd one. Then you come to a cross roads, go left there. Then you get to the roundabout  and its a left