Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Well done to the Under 21's. This is where I really want to see Cavan do well and I'm delighted to see we made no mistake and buried the opposition. Hopefully they can keep their feet on the ground and just concentrate on the next match and no further after that.

Dougal

lawrence,i just like to let lads know that were doing well,not much else to be at,at half time either.monaghan next?anyone know where?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Should be taken as a compliment Dougal. Presume neutral venue. Brewster Park perhaps. More importantly, when?

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 24, 2010, 11:07:50 PM
Should be taken as a compliment Dougal. Presume neutral venue. Brewster Park perhaps. More importantly, when?

next wed,from the report in the celt.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Martin Smith of Laragh was in goals last night.
Hopefully they can keep their feet on the ground as Monaghan next week will be a totally different kettle of fish. I believe that the venue is a toss between Inniskeen or Breifni.
Well done to Terry Hyland and the management for the excellent game plan and sticking to it.

BallyhaiseMan

Based in Dublin,so i couldnt get down.
What delights me about that team is the amount of big men on it,Rory Dunne,James McEnroe,Tomas Reily,Givney, Gearoid McKiernan etc.
Daniel Graham  Declan McKiernan  and Paddy Carroll and Brendan Murray who came on arent small either.
Im guesing thats Michael O Reily(Shercock( that came on aswell,Another promising player with size.
As boojangles said though,Monaghan will be a different proposition altogether, as by all accounts they have a very strong outfit this year.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Celt Man, should Colm Smith not be part of the U-21 panel or is he away?

Blue06

Missing Players on U21

Keating, Mininagh & O'Meara are all injured at present I'm told.

Barry Watters is working in Asia

Where is Niall Murray Cavan Gaels though? 

Lawrence of Knockbride

I think (but not sure) that Murray might be gone abroad. Just thought of Watters last night myself.

put-it-up

Watters is in Asia and Murray is in Australia. Both are very good player's and would have added a bit to the team.

Was a great performance last night and was very impressed with the workrate, particularly from the forwards.

However I wouldn't be getting over-excited. Down were a poor, poor side and Monaghan will be a big step up. Down kicked 6 or 7 wides towards the end of the first half, so it coulda been a lot closer at the break.

Grimley will know a lot of Cavan lads from his time with DCU, particularly Niall Smith and I'm sure they will know what to expect.

Promises to be a good game next week, but we have it all to do.

Colm Smith is over-age Lawrence.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Is he? I thought he played on the same minor team as these lads? Bad memory when it comes to minor county teams. Probably for the best. ;D

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 25, 2010, 04:54:02 PM
Is he? I thought he played on the same minor team as these lads? Bad memory when it comes to minor county teams. Probably for the best. ;D

Na Colm is over age and in college in Manchester anyway
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mid Down Gael

Have to say i was very impressed with your under 21s last night. A very physical side who where tactically astute and put together some fantastic passages off play. Our lads failed to turn up and are not as bad as they played last night, just an off day and up against a much better team. Well done Cavan, i really hope yous go on and win ulster and beyond and as long as the team dont get carried away and play the way they showed they are capable off in next rounds, they will take some stopping.

Denn Forever

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 25, 2010, 05:48:53 PM
Have to say i was very impressed with your under 21s last night. A very physical side who where tactically astute and put together some fantastic passages off play. Our lads failed to turn up and are not as bad as they played last night, just an off day and up against a much better team. Well done Cavan, i really hope yous go on and win ulster and beyond and as long as the team dont get carried away and play the way they showed they are capable off in next rounds, they will take some stopping.

+1

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 25, 2010, 05:48:53 PM

I hope there was no talk of winning All Ireland on tv interviews last night so!!  ::)
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010