Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Mulvey wasn't great but was slightly better than Galligan who was poor. Hopefully Givney came out of yesterday unscathed.Big risk on the managements behalf that could have backfired.
The panel I believe were told last Tuesday night that Lyng had quit the panel.
Eoin Smith was in the stands watching the match yesterday.Don't know if he's injured or dropped.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on March 22, 2010, 05:58:02 PM
Mulvey wasn't great but was slightly better than Galligan who was poor. Hopefully Givney came out of yesterday unscathed.Big risk on the managements behalf that could have backfired.
Eoin Smith was in the stands watching the match yesterday.Don't know if he's injured or dropped.

Well I suppose if Cavan were to get relegated, Carr's neck could be on the chopping board so I'll bet he couldn't care less about the Under 21s and so Givney played....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Any idea why?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal on March 22, 2010, 05:01:37 PM
dont remember who said the mid field was ok in the first half,but i dont agree with that,thought they were poor enough.

just trying to think if i saw lyng warming up yesterday,i dont think i did.

It was me who said that but what I meant was that we were winning midfield in the 1st half and picking up a lot of breaks, I could see no real emergency reason to risk Givney - especially since Walsh was also on bench and indeed came on late.

Western Blue

Anyword on John McCutcheon injury lads...he was playing well at the time.I felt Michael Hannon should have subbed for him at the time. what's Micheal Lyng problem that he's left for personal reasons? Was his substitution against Wexford or Carr not playing him at CHF the reason for leaving.   He will be missed.
The Offaly match is a must win game now. Just a pity we can't get back to back wins  because the performance yesterday wasn't bad except for the killer Sligo goal.

Denn Forever

From Western Blue

or Carr not playing him at CHF the reason for leaving (Lyng)

I thought CHF was probably Johnson's best position?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 22, 2010, 06:29:00 PM
Any idea why?

He was taken off against Wexford on the Saturday,wrongly IMO. By Tuesday he was gone. Obviously had something to do with it.

put-it-up

Nah Johnston thinks he is best on the 40 but for me, with Cavan anyway, the man has to be inside. If we get him and Mackey in there we have two fairly lively men who can do damage.

I'd say Lyng just got pissed off, and I am only guessing here, with being stuck in the corner. Not a natural position for him at all.

I would agree with CM about Carr not giving a shite about the u21's. Sure he is fighting for his job and credibility. So considering he is nothing to do with the u21's and is not a Cavan man I doubt he gives a fiddlers feck how they got on. Rory Dunne and Keating quit the panel so I think that shows what they make of the set-up.

U21's should be strong Wednesday and from what I gather they are at full strength bar Keating, O'Meara and Minnagh. A win would be a great boost and it is not beyond them. But as always, it's all about doing it on the day IMO.

Western Blue

We all get pissed off with decisions in our life but if a player signs up to play for his county he should row in with the Manager and team selectors with the team selection process.
As far as I can see T.Carr wanted M.Lyng to do a job for him while S.Johnstone is unavailable. I agree he played well against Wexford even if his shooting boots weren't there..these things can happen. As it happened on that particular night M.Reilly came on for him  and got 2 points for us when things were very close. I hope he  reconsiders his position. There are plenty of examples each weekend of players playing out of position to do a job for their teams.

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand

Lyng quits Cavan

Cavan's Micheal Lyng
23 March 2010

Micheál Lyng has withdrawn himself from the Cavan senior football panel for the foreseeable future.

The Cavan Gaels playmaker was one of five Breffni stars to help DCU to O'Byrne and Sigerson Cup success recently and had started in three of his county's last four NFL meetings.

However, Lyng was not on the panel during last Sunday's late defeat to Sligo and afterwards manager Tommy Carr stated that he had withdrawn "for personal reasons".

Meanwhile, Cavan Under 21s are set to kick-off their Ulster championship game tomorrow night against defending champions Down at Kingspan Breffni Park, where throw-in is at 8.00pm.

Its an amateur game and if he wants to quit for personal reasons so be it.  Lets hope he hasn't slammed the door shut and he might return when he is able.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

just after being told that ballinagh will be in senior this year.seemingly there was a problem with some of the amalgamations not playing all there games,and ballinagh are allowed to stay in senior.anyone else here this?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on March 23, 2010, 01:21:22 PM
just after being told that ballinagh will be in senior this year.seemingly there was a problem with some of the amalgamations not playing all there games,and ballinagh are allowed to stay in senior.anyone else here this?
Ballinagh reinstated to senior championship
Ballinagh celebrate their Ulster IFC win in 2007
23 March 2010

by Shane Corrigan

Ballinagh will play their championship football in the senior ranks this summer after their application to be reinstated to the Cavan senior championship was passed by delegates at last night's county board meeting at The Hotel Kilmore.

The club applied to be reinstated to the competition from which they were relegated last year, after Drumgoon/Knockbride amalgamation Drumbride confirmed their withdrawal.

A secret ballot last night showed a 53 to 19 votes majority in favour of Ballinagh being restored to the senior championship, which will see them take Drumbride's place in Group Three alongside Ramor United, Lavey and champions Cavan Gaels.

Their inclusion to the Cavan SFC also means that only 15 teams will compete in this year's intermediate championship, with Group Four now a three-team group between Laragh United, Drumalee and Kill and no relegation from the competition.

This is the second time in as many years that the club have been reinstated to the top tier of club championship football in the county.

In July 2008, Ballinagh were allowed back into the competition following their second appeal to the Competitions Control Committee (CCC), after the club's senior team had originally been banned from all competitions for six months when a senior league match between Ballinagh and Killygarry the previous month saw match referee Gerry Sheridan assaulted by a Ballinagh supporter after the game.

The club were hit with a substantial 6,000-euro fine and weren't allowed to play any league football until the following season or play any home matches for 96 weeks, as a result.

mylestheslasher

Sure why doesn't some other team "apply" to play senior and make up a nice even 16 teams. Bit of a joke really.

Celt_Man

Bejaysus...  Don't tell me that these amalgamations  aren't gonna work after it, I thought they were gonna save Cavan football ::) ::) ::)

Things just got a bit more interesting in the Intermediate.  Would expect Drumalee to top that group now and so Kill or Laragh will be in the 1/4s...  Very interesting
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

just heard mad eddie left the panel aswell,thats according to a friend of a lad on the panel.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!