Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Without wishing harm on any player, it's an opportunity for Galligan/Givney/Cullivan (when's he back) or dare I suggest Mulvey to stake a claim for one of our weakest areas.

Celt_Man

Boojangles, did you get down to Scullion last night?  Anything ground breaking to report?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Western Blue on March 02, 2010, 07:12:08 PM
When and where did N. Walsh get this injury as that last time I seen him he was been subbed in the Antrim  match and as he walked to the dugout he started to limp. I agree he  contributed nothing that night but I think he would have improved his performance over our next 4 key matches. Looks like Mulvey or Galligan for the next 4 matches.
I see Dermot Sheridan played for D.C.U. in midfield any thoughts.

You can get away with a smaller/bigger combination at midfield,if the bigger man can win lots of ball and compete for everything in the air.
I think Gearoid McKiernan in a few years can be that player,but i dont think we have one at the moment,to allow a smaller man to play midfield.
Id go with two of  Givney,Mulvey, Galligan at centre field.

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 04, 2010, 01:52:08 PM
Boojangles, did you get down to Scullion last night?  Anything ground breaking to report?

I did indeed horse. Everything you would expect from the man, with some excellent games. His main point is keep playing games,conditioned games and game situations. Its the only way to teach players how to think on their feet. Great turn out with over 70 coaches there and hopefully every club was represented. I think only 25 Coaches turned up to see him last year so maybe things are slowly turning.
The only disapointment of the night was ( and its typical of Cavan football) Tony was promised 20 Cavan Gaels Minors to demonstrate all the games. 7 showed up. It wouldn't have been too hard to ring neighbouring clubs for a few players,but obviously it was. It just meant he was restricted in what he could show us. A man of his calibre can drive 2 or 3 hours from Derry but we can't get things right on our side. ::)
But all credit to the man he still provided an excellent hour and a halfs demonstration.

Have a look at the Ulster.gaa.ie website where he said most of it is up.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on March 04, 2010, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 04, 2010, 01:52:08 PM

I did indeed horse. Everything you would expect from the man, with some excellent games. His main point is keep playing games,conditioned games and game situations. Its the only way to teach players how to think on their feet. Great turn out with over 70 coaches there and hopefully every club was represented. I think only 25 Coaches turned up to see him last year so maybe things are slowly turning.
The only disapointment of the night was ( and its typical of Cavan football) Tony was promised 20 Cavan Gaels Minors to demonstrate all the games. 7 showed up. It wouldn't have been too hard to ring neighbouring clubs for a few players,but obviously it was. It just meant he was restricted in what he could show us. A man of his calibre can drive 2 or 3 hours from Derry but we can't get things right on our side. ::)
But all credit to the man he still provided an excellent hour and a halfs demonstration.

Have a look at the Ulster.gaa.ie website where he said most of it is up.

Sounds very good, annoyed I missed it.  Pity about those Gaels boys not turning up - typical townies!!  ;D

Celt_Man

Oh forgot to say that the Cavan GAA Media awards are on tonight in Hotel Kilmore from 8.30 pm  should be a good night and best of luck to all nominated even to Ray Cullivan and Stephen Jordan who are in competition with Colm in the intermediate category!!  :D

According to the anglo Celt website the event will be streamed live on their website tonight... an impressive addition to their coverage and fair play to all involved there...

Cavan Co. Board take note that's the way to drive things forward on the communications and IT front instead of the way their website is being run and updated ??? ???

Dougal

wasnt really paying much attention to the awards,but brady from mullahoran got ref of the year,hurler went to the mullahoran lad aswell.james brady,handballer.doonan,ladies.jordan,inter.reilly,senior.your man from the bridge got junior.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

whats my name

team was named for the louth game last night dermot sheridan playing midfield with ciaran galligan mickey brennan in at full forward.

Denn Forever

And a Denn full back line!  Flanagen left half back.  Hope they have a good one.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: whats my name on March 06, 2010, 09:35:37 AM
team was named for the louth game last night dermot sheridan playing midfield with ciaran galligan mickey brennan in at full forward.

Done his hamstring at training last nite,is very doubtful.

whats my name

did anyone go to the u-21 game last night in athlone the cavan u-21's were playing Kilmurry Ibrickane seniors heard they won well did anyone here what the team was and who played well?? 

Denn Forever

Full team for tomorrow from Hoganstand.  D Sheridan must not be as bad as feared.

Cavan (NFL v Louth): F Reilly; E McPhilips, T Corr, M Cahill; A Clarke, E McGuigan, R Flanagan; C Galligan, D Sheridan; D Givney, G Smith, M McKeever; C Mackey, M Brennan, R Galligan.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

So when i come of the m1 where do i go to get to the pitch?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

anglocelt39

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 06, 2010, 08:22:33 PM
Full team for tomorrow from Hoganstand.  D Sheridan must not be as bad as feared.

Cavan (NFL v Louth): F Reilly; E McPhilips, T Corr, M Cahill; A Clarke, E McGuigan, R Flanagan; C Galligan, D Sheridan; D Givney, G Smith, M McKeever; C Mackey, M Brennan, R Galligan.

How many other counties are lining out today without a single representative from their current senior county champions (excepting the likes of Antrim with St Galls lads off limits). I know this has been touched on a bit here before but it's a really serious issue given how dominant the Gaels have been on the club scene. What'e equally worrying is that you hear mutterings of a bit of this showing with our under 21 team as well. I've even heard the odd comment that some of the lads attending Pat's are a bit iffy about lining our for the school. One club domination ain't great for any county scene, it certainly isn't good if lots of players from that club are lukewarm about the county jersey.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Western Blue

I wonder how much of an influence have the key officers/team managers of the  Cavan Gaels Club got in getting their best players into not playing for the county. To be honest with you any time in the past I was never impressed with them when they played for the county  save for Cathal Collins.
Hope Cavan get the points in Drogheda this afternoon.