Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drung

Michael Fegan should be in there.

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on February 20, 2010, 10:13:56 AM
Michael Fegan should be in there.

Was out in Fegans a few weeks ago and he's in serious shape.Get him in I say.

So your not disputing the fact that some of the best players in the county are not on the panel??

BallyhaiseMan

id agree with everyone on your list Boojangles
id even add.
John Gurhy and Karl Crotty of the Gaels to that(if they were interested that is)

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 20, 2010, 05:21:23 PM
id even add.
John Gurhy and Karl Crotty of the Gaels to that(if they were interested that is)

Well I didn't wanna just include Gaels lads but yes I would definitely add Gurhy and Crotty too. TBH and I know its all a matter of opinion but there are alot of footballers who if given the chance would be an improvement on some lads there at the moment.If things had been done right in Cavan over the last 4 years we would not have this chronic problem of lads choosing not to represent their county. I don't agree with any man not taking their chance to represent Cavan but I definitely wouldn't blame them.

On another matter, what are your opinions on the nominations for Intermediate Player of the Year BH Man??

put-it-up

Wouldn't it be great it we got the Cavan team to play a club select XV!

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on February 20, 2010, 06:32:11 PM
Wouldn't it be great it we got the Cavan team to play a club select XV!

It wouldn't be great Put-it-Up, I think it would actually be sad because there would only be one winner.

Dougal

cootehill dont have a minor team either.celt man,surely there are enough young lads in cootehill to field a team?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Ah come on Boo J it would be a right good laugh. I'm bored so here is my team, though im sure i have forgotten loads since I have not seen a club game in months.

James Reilly
Karl Crotty Darren Smith Cillian Reilly

Gavin Duffy Eamon Reilly Oisin Minnagh

Trevor Crowe Gearoid McKiernan

Barry Reilly Declan McKiernan Michael McDonald

Paddy Bird Niall McDermott Jayo

I doubt they would be hammered!

And with regards to cootehill, their problems are well publicised. Kill, Drung, Drumgoon, and the monaghan teams across the border all on their door-step.... Self explanatory really

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on February 20, 2010, 07:34:05 PM
cootehill dont have a minor team either.celt man,surely there are enough young lads in cootehill to field a team?

Don't want to/Not ready to talk about it yet
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Just checked that the thread doesn't mention football in it before saying congratulations to the hurlers for their win against Leitrim this afternoon.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 21, 2010, 04:07:54 PM
Just checked that the thread doesn't mention football in it before saying congratulations to the hurlers for their win against Leitrim this afternoon.

Truly a great day for all fans of the GAA in Cavan  ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on February 20, 2010, 06:24:18 PM
id even add.

Well I didn't wanna just include Gaels lads but yes I would definitely add Gurhy and Crotty too. TBH and I know its all a matter of opinion but there are alot of footballers who if given the chance would be an improvement on some lads there at the moment.If things had been done right in Cavan over the last 4 years we would not have this chronic problem of lads choosing not to represent their county. I don't agree with any man not taking their chance to represent Cavan but I definitely wouldn't blame them.

On another matter, what are your opinions on the nominations for Intermediate Player of the Year BH Man??
sorry only replying to this now,
dont know who the nominations even are Boojangles,although i know Ray was nominated.
Stephen Jordan was the best player in the Intermediate last year hands down in my opinion.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 24, 2010, 02:43:10 PM
Quote from: boojangles on February 20, 2010, 06:24:18 PM
id even add.

sorry only replying to this now,
dont know who the nominations even are Boojangles,although i know Ray was nominated.
Stephen Jordan was the best player in the Intermediate last year hands down in my opinion.

Ray Cullivan, Stephan Jordan and Colm Smith are nominated.  It seems the winner will be decided by 50% public vote and 50% by a independent selection panel

Celt_Man

Div 1 semi-finals to be played after long delay

24 February 2010

The eagerly-awaited All County Football League Division One semi-finals for 2009 are set to be finally played next month.

The games were originally set to be played at the tail end of last season but were held up over conditions and appeals and are now scheduled to take place on March 14th at Kingspan Breffni Park.

Imperial Bar Division One semi-finals:

Sunday, 14th March
Belturbet v Castlerahan (2.00pm)
Venue: Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee: TBC
Linesmen: TBC

Cavan Gaels v Gowna (3.30pm)
Venue: Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee: TBC
Linesmen: TBC

Lawrence of Knockbride

How did Gowna make the semi-finals? They won their appeal but how are the points given out?