Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 12:53:31 AM
Tough draw for ourselves
Dvision One Killeshandra
Drumgoon and our neighbours the Bridge.

As favourites, yas shouldn't have too much problems with that group.

Celt_Man

4 fairly even enough groups in the Intermediate.  the only group I would even hazard a guess at predicting the top 2 would be the last one with Drumalee and Ballinagh.  Although Laragh and Kill are dogged and definite bananaskins in the making...

As for our own group, Bailieboro were semi finalists last year so will obviously tough, Killinkere - I have never had an easy game against Killinkere in my life and Cavan Gaels will be an big unknown come championship time. 
How come they can be in Intermediate without winning Junior anyway??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on February 09, 2010, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 12:53:31 AM
Tough draw for ourselves
Dvision One Killeshandra
Drumgoon and our neighbours the Bridge.

As favourites, yas shouldn't have too much problems with that group.
dont know whowould have us as favourites boojangles
sure we have two former Winners in Ballinagh and Drumalee there
Last years beaten finalists Cootehill etc

BallyhaiseMan

Group 2: Denn, Gowna, Belturbet, Mullahoran
:o
Talk about a group of death.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 04:30:53 PM
Group 2: Denn, Gowna, Belturbet, Mullahoran
:o
Talk about a group of death.

Aye big time.  2 big teams gonna be heading out the gate at the end of the group stages and one of them going to the relegation play offs.

Apart from that all the other groups are fairly even.  Alright the Gaels should win their group out but the three other teams all will fancy their chances of getting that other quarter final spot.

BallyhaiseMan

Predictions for all groups.

Senior Football Championship:

Group 1: Killygarry,Castlerahan
Group 2:Denn,Belturbet
Group 3:Ramor,Cavan Gaels
Group 4LKingscourt,Redhills

Intermediate
Group 1:Knockbride,Drung
Group 2:Killeshandra,B'Haise  :)
Group 3:Cootehill,B'boro
Group 4:Ballinagh,Drumalee

Junior
1. Shannon Gaels,Swad,Cornafean
2.Kildallan,Mountnugent,Arva
3.Sherock,T'port.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 04:46:24 PM

Intermediate

If that was the way things panned out BHMan, it would leave four tough looking quarter finals whatever way they came out of the hat

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 09, 2010, 04:49:19 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 04:46:24 PM

Intermediate

If that was the way things panned out BHMan, it would leave four tough looking quarter finals whatever way they came out of the hat
You're right CM
there no really weak team there,if things work out that way.

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 09, 2010, 04:19:56 PM

Think it was another stupid idea put forward by the County Board-Obviously backed by Junior clubs.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on February 09, 2010, 04:56:36 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on February 09, 2010, 04:19:56 PM

Think it was another stupid idea put forward by the County Board-Obviously backed by Junior clubs.

Did I hear right that if your first team is senior then your junior team has to play in the grade below that i.e Intermediate???  That would explain the Gaels but still not right.  No team should be in Intermediate who haven't won the Junior Championship

BallyhaiseMan

Wouldnt worry about the gaels second team lads.
We played their full strength 2nd team last summer a few weeks before championship and absolutely hammered them.
They will be a tough proposition in the league,but i dont think they will be any match for Cootehill,Baileborough in that group.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 05:04:14 PM
We played their full strength 2nd team last summer a few weeks before championship and absolutely hammered them.
They will be a tough proposition in the league,but i dont think they will be any match for Cootehill,Baileborough in that group.

Im not worrying about them,Id actually like to meet them(especially lately) but its ridiculous that a club has to put its 2nd team into a championship that is one step above their level.
I believe that the CB brought in some rule that any club who's 2nd team plays in the top 3 Divisions in the League can only play one level below their Senior team in Championship.They couldn't win the Junior championship last year,how can they be expected to win an Intermediate.
Call me a bollix for saying so but we have 2 men from Junior clubs in the top positions in Senior and Youth football in Cavan and some of the decisions made are only aimed at helping Junior clubs,and not the overall standard of football in Cavan.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on February 09, 2010, 05:20:52 PM

Im not worrying about them,Id actually like to meet them(especially lately) but its ridiculous that a club has to put its 2nd team into a championship that is one step above their level.
I believe that the CB brought in some rule that any club who's 2nd team plays in the top 3 Divisions in the League can only play one level below their Senior team in Championship.They couldn't win the Junior championship last year,how can they be expected to win an Intermediate.
Call me a bollix for saying so but we have 2 men from Junior clubs in the top positions in Senior and Youth football in Cavan and some of the decisions made are only aimed at helping Junior clubs,and not the overall standard of football in Cavan.
Id say you're on the mark there boojangles,having a junior championship with 11 teams,and bumping one of the major contenders up to intermediate, well what can we say other than something about this stinks to high heavens.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 09, 2010, 05:24:10 PM
Quote from: boojangles on February 09, 2010, 05:20:52 PM

Id say you're on the mark there boojangles,having a junior championship with 11 teams,and bumping one of the major contenders up to intermediate, well what can we say other than something about this stinks to high heavens.

Its not just Senior level either BH Man. Your own club had a good proposal at the last Youth Board meeting which was to increase the amont of games in the Minor Championship.Have groups of 4, dividing up each division. Basically it meant Minors were getting more football during the summer instead of having them sitting for 2 or 3months without competition.
My own club was willing to back the proposal.
Ballyhaise had raised the issue at the County Convention and it was referred to the 1st meeting of the new Youth Board for discussion.The new chairman wouldn't even entertain the idea. Democracy?
Apparently Minors will play for some worthless shield in the summer. ::)

KingOfSeptember

QuoteCall me a bollix for saying so but we have 2 men from Junior clubs in the top positions in Senior and Youth football in Cavan and some of the decisions made are only aimed at helping Junior clubs,and not the overall standard of football in Cavan.

Your attitude is crazy! They were democratically elected, both by overwhelming majorities (esp the minor), and THEY don't make any decisions. Chairmen have only one vote, same as any committee member.
The delegates who allegedly allowed themselves to be bullied at the minor board meeting are weak, plain and simple. Explain who a chairman 'couldn't entertain it'? Was it on the agenda? If not, the chairman was right.
These are the rules of our association lads, crazy as they sound. They have, generally, served us well for 100 years.
I very, very rarely post here but I check it a lot for a laugh mainly. Everyone here seems to be a loyal supporter and all seem like good fellas, but the amount of half-truths, bogus statements, ignorance of rules and procedure and downright lies that are posted here is incredible.
Case in point was a few days ago when the county management were criticised over dropping several players who hadn't got a run. Totally inaccurate.
Anyway, rant over as Mr Pain used to say, what's the verdict on last Sunday? Two points a help to stay up or go up?  Saturday evening will reveal an awful lot. A win there and I'll accept we're making progress. Anything less will put the Roscommon match in perspective.