Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on February 06, 2010, 11:07:40 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 06, 2010, 07:44:45 PM
I'm heading and am heading for the Hyde so I assume that's where it is. some roscommon lad said on some thread that they usually play in Kiltoom months back but all I've seen is Hyde Park.

Im in the process of deliberating whether to go or not. Got a Season ticket for Xmas and being the tight b**tard that I am,I would hate to get no use out of it. Wherever ya hear plenty of roaring from-that will be me!

Or knocking women out of the way either Boojangles??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 06, 2010, 11:15:50 PM
I'm heading and am heading for the Hyde so I assume that's where it is. some roscommon lad said on some thread that they usually play in Kiltoom months back but all I've seen is Hyde Park.

Im in the process of deliberating whether to go or not. Got a Season ticket for Xmas and being the tight b**tard that I am,I would hate to get no use out of it. Wherever ya hear plenty of roaring from-that will be me!

Haha,women don't belong on a football field!! Ah only joking,I never seen her I swear.
How did the Practical go for ya?

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on February 07, 2010, 12:15:57 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on February 06, 2010, 11:15:50 PM

Haha,women don't belong on a football field!! Ah only joking,I never seen her I swear.
How did the Practical go for ya?

It went well... I believe the term "genius" was mentioned at one stage!!  ;D ;D
What about yourself?

BallyhaiseMan

This is horrid chat lads,sure those two ladies could read this!
Il tell you what though,i sure wouldnt mind running into that full-time female Cavan GAA coach on accident!!!  ;D

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 07, 2010, 12:30:28 AM
This is horrid chat lads,sure those two ladies could read this!
Il tell you what though,i sure wouldnt mind running into that full-time female Cavan GAA coach on accident!!!  ;D

Can't believe I just changed it... on accident!!

boojangles

Not too bad,enjoyed today,some very good drills.
Jesus I wouldn't mind gettin a number of either of them women last nite ha.I wasn't gone on our ones hair but she looked sweet with the hat on, as for that blonde one,she is gorgeous!

Sorry lads,back to the GAA talk.

Dougal

very impressed with the lads today,massive improvement from the mckenna cup.10 players got on the score sheet.ray galligan scored 10 (7 frees)only missed 1 free and 1 45.givney was very good,was used as a 3rd midfielder and got at least 4 marks,scored two points,1 was very good from a tight angle and was roasting lads left right and centre.mackey scored 1-1,mcguigan 1-0,nesty 0-2 (1 free),eddie 0-1,mccutcheon 0-1,mckeever 0-1,cant remember the rest at the minute.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cavan4sam

Great win for the lads today alright, hopefully now they will keep that up for the rest of the league campaign and get a winning run going.

PS is it Fiona that ye lads are talking about??

beer baron

jaysus i hope not,yur not that stuck celt man.unless im tinkin of a dif camel toed coach

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on February 07, 2010, 06:29:16 PM
jaysus i hope not,yur not that stuck celt man.unless im tinkin of a dif camel toed coach
You must be and I'm not saying anymore coz I'll get into trouble!!

whats my name

who's this fiona murphy she is some mare infairness lol good game today hopefully we can build on it and maybe get promoted but lets not get carried away one swallow doesnt make a summer.

Celt_Man

Just back from Roscommon... Absolutely brilliant result and great performance. Honestly there wasn't a bad individual performance in a Cavan jersey at all.  Backs defended well overall (1 -10) isn't bad from a backline who would have never played together before.

Mid field done very well and broke the ball well from Rossie's kickouts, they completed with 90% of the ball around the middle and both had positive contributions to open play.  McGuigan took the goal well after a very good supporting run.

Forwards were good and the switch of Martin Reilly to wing forward with Mackey moving to the corner worked well and nipped any potential problems in the bud.  Nesty is some man to pick out a pass on the 40 and won a few breaks around the middle too.  Givney won some nice ball in the air and on the deck and his handling is very good, he looks very composed on the ball and scored a peach of a point to go ahead in the second half.  Galligan gave an exhibition from placed balls, one monster of a free from 55m and another sideline kick from his hands were the pick of his 6 or 7 dead ball scores.  He also got 2 sweet scores from play.  Lyng was good especially in the second half and always worked well.

Actually Cavan definitely could have had 3 more goals very easy with points form Eddie and Galligan just going narrowly over the crossbar and Givney had a shot go inches wide with the last kick of the game.

Hopefully they can keep it up and I hope they feel that Antrim are owed a beating on Saturday.

beer baron

she must be a dif one than was there wen i was doing my coaching bout 4-5 yrs ago

Western Blue

Glad  I made the trip to the Hyde. It was a joy to watch a Cavan team for the first time in a very long number of years play as a unit. Even when they went 4 points down after Donal Shine brilliant goal we were the team playing the football.
Thought Mossy Corr coped well on Big D.Shine and Sheridan and Cahilll  did their defensive work well Both Walsh and McGuigan competed well and got great help from the half forwards.

Overall the team expressed themselves and maybe Jelly's absence will allows us play a  different style  of game as on the evidence this afternoon we can play good football.
Ronan Flanagan to come back into the side too. I hope we stay injury free until the summer is over in September!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Only a few things to add on what was a great team performance against a very poor Roscommon side.
BH Man, where's Cullivan? Also Eddie's point from 1 yard out was the highlight of the game. Just as well it didn't matter.