Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on February 02, 2010, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: Western Blue on February 02, 2010, 05:45:09 PM
Where is Michael Hannon's name is he dropped from the N.L. Squad ??

with any luck he is.not up to county standard.

did terry hyland get what ciaran brady wanted,with the exception of givney?

Breaking my New Years resolution temporarily here but can't let it pass.
I'l be the first to admit that Michael Hannon has probably stood still as a footballer in the last few years but to say he is not County standard is madness. If he is not,then there aren't too many named that are. For a good few years he was without doubt our best defender bar nobody. It is up to TC to get him back playing to the very high standards he is capable of. This isn't a case of persisting with a lad who has never shown his potential at IC level, like is being done with a few others. Michael Hannon has and hopefully he will again. He is back on the panel,Jim Jims list left him out.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 02, 2010, 07:18:55 PM
Now getting him to stop sticking out his chest and making an eejit of himself is another thing.

;D Paul O'Connell wears Lorcan Mulvey pyjamas!!!!  ;D

beer baron

Still can't understand how darren smith or joey haven't got a fair throw of the dice imho

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: beer baron on February 03, 2010, 12:02:37 PM
Still can't understand how darren smith or joey haven't got a fair throw of the dice imho
or how probably the best player in the intermediate in 2009 Stephen Jordan got 0 minutes playing time in McKenna Cup ::)

Denn Forever

Deja Vu.  Again.

From Hoganstand.

Lyng in the wars again

03 February 2010

It's a familiar story for luckless Cavan footballer Micheal Lyng, who's injured again.

The brilliant Cavan Gaels clubman's career has been blighted by one setback after another and the playmaker is now expected to miss the NFL opener against Roscommon with a hamstring injury.

Having sustained the injury helping DCU to victory over Meath in last Sunday's O'Byrne Cup semi-final at Navan, Lyng is unlikely to feature at Hyde Park this Sunday.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

ye im being quite harsh on him,i just hate him when he plays for the goonies,pointless solo runs,and keeps going till he loses the ball.the most irritating player in cavan.

when was the last time lyng played a competitive match for the county?he didnt play at all last year,did he?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Heard Lyng got dropped from the DCU panel because he is so injury-prone. Don't think we will ever see the best of him in a Cavan shirt.

Yeah in fairness to Hannon, although he has struggled for form in recent times, he has shown in the past what he can do and he definetly deserves to be in there. A few inclusions in the squad I do find hard to understand, like Eddie. How many chances does a man need to prove he is not up to IC standard?? Though I do love him deep down ;D

Conor Smith barely deserves his place with the u21's on his current form and Niall Madden, Darren Murphy and O'Dowd just aren't up too it in my opinion.

Also noticed Chesty has opted out and really can't understand why Darren Smith wasn't given a chance at Full-back. Anyone else notice, that only two under 21's made the squad. Maybe Hyland got what Brady wanted. No Gearoid McKiernan, no Rory Dunne (his own choice) and no Keating think ???

Be interesting to see the team at the weekend. I doubt it will change that much from the one which played Longford last weekend.

DCU won today. Johnston, Sheridan and Fla started. Cullivan came on. Think SJ may have went off injured though which I am sure will worry TC. Saw Pat Gilroy, Eamon O'Brien, Seamus McEnaney and Luke Dempsey there....no sign of our man anyway :P

Dougal

what was the team against lonford?
fintan
? ? ?
flanagan ? ?
galligan mcguigan
lyng mackey ?
johnston brennan ?

sheridan in the backs aswel?

Lawrence of Knockbride

I'd say there could be a few U-21s in before the league is over, if any of them have any interest in going in. Gearoid McKiernan was named on the McKenna Cup panel but didn't play and Bud Fitz played and played well although that seems to count for little. Keating is a strange one.

put-it-up

Sorry it was

Fintan

McPhillips Corr Sheridan

Clarke McCutcheon Podge

McGuigan Gallo

Mackey Nesty Flanagan

Jelly Ray Galligan Martin

I would say Cahill and McKeever will play if they are fit. Hannon is only back from injury so doubt he will feature. Think between our goalie and that back line a fair bit might be conceded....

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 03, 2010, 07:27:10 PM
I'd say there could be a few U-21s in before the league is over, if any of them have any interest in going in. Gearoid McKiernan was named on the McKenna Cup panel but didn't play and Bud Fitz played and played well although that seems to count for little. Keating is a strange one.

Drama seems to follow Keating alright.

I'm glad the 21's were left off it. In my opinion you should have to prove yourself at your own age-group before you get the senior call-up. We will see what the young men are made of in March.

Who do you think ,of the u21's, would push for a start with the senior team?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up on February 03, 2010, 07:35:51 PM

I'm glad the 21's were left off it. In my opinion you should have to prove yourself at your own age-group before you get the senior call-up. We will see what the young men are made of in March.

Well to start is a tough one. Obviously Keating started last year as did Dunne at some stage. Declan McKiernan would be the stand out one for me and maybe McDermott but I must admit I haven't seen an awful lot of him. What about your man McEnroe from Ramor? How good is he?

Dougal

mcdermot had a great 2nd half against roscommon,but i dont know about starting,not sure mckiernan either.id like to see givney get a good bit of game time in the league this year.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 03, 2010, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on February 03, 2010, 07:35:51 PM

Well to start is a tough one. Obviously Keating started last year as did Dunne at some stage. Declan McKiernan would be the stand out one for me and maybe McDermott but I must admit I haven't seen an awful lot of him. What about your man McEnroe from Ramor? How good is he?

Sorry didn't mean to start but honestly what of the u21's deserves to be on the senior panel at the minute? I dont think any u21 should get a call-up until they stand out playing IC football at their own level first. Would certainly stop inflated ego's anyway in my opinion. McDermott , i feel has a lot more than most forwards in Cavan

Denn Forever

Re: Sigerson Cup
« Reply #111 on: Today at 12:52:19 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to add . Johnson broke his elbow yesterday for DCU. Looked nasty. Out for the whole NFL and Sigerson obviously.

Posted by INDIANA.

Hope its not as bad as all that.  Can anyoe confirm?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...