Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

Where is Michael Hannon's name is he dropped from the N.L. Squad ??

Dougal

Quote from: Western Blue on February 02, 2010, 05:45:09 PM
Where is Michael Hannon's name is he dropped from the N.L. Squad ??

with any luck he is.not up to county standard.

did terry hyland get what ciaran brady wanted,with the exception of givney?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Not so sure Dougal. He had a poor year last year but who are we replacing him with. I assumed he was in there WB but you're right, he's not. Any other omissions?

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 02, 2010, 05:56:30 PM
Not so sure Dougal. He had a poor year last year but who are we replacing him with. I assumed he was in there WB but you're right, he's not. Any other omissions?

you RHF?or is there some plagerism going on on HS?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on February 02, 2010, 06:12:00 PM

I don't follow I'm afraid???????????

Dougal

from hogan stand

RHF
County: Cavan

Right I have my McKenna cup programme out and comparing the two lists it seems the off the newcomers the following have been kept and dropped repectively:
Kept: Madden,Conor Smith, Eoin McPhilips, Tomas Corr, Darren Murphy, Mark Johnston, Alan Clarke, Dane O'Dowd, Eoin McGuigan, Gareth Smith,
Dropped: John Cunningham, Alan Durkin, Stephen Jordan, Joey Jordan, Donal Thomas, John McCabe, Declan Reilly, Killian Lynch.
Before I pull my hair out let me say that I agree that, unfortunately, the last 3 on the dropped list just aren't good enough/didn't perform in the McKenna Cup.
Now.......John Cunningham got 10 minutes, Stephen Jordan go 0 minutes, Joey Jordan got one game at CB when he should've been tried at CB but wasn't too bad in the position he did play. Donal Thomas was played at FF despite being MF for Killygarry and Alan Drukin played well IMO against St.Mary's.
Additionally I see Sean Brady is left out which has been a long time coming.
Now to the kept list...............Niall Madden was as poor as anyone and got plenty of game time. Conor Smith stood out against Tyrone and I suppose I can't argue with his inclusion although I personally don't think he's up to it. Eoin McPhillips deserves to be kept in. Tomas Corr could be good but not at FB but no doubt TC will persevere with his square peg in round hole approach. Hard to tell on Darren Murphy but we obviously need a second keeper. Mark Johnston - see Niall Madden, Alan Clarke - see Niall Madden, Dane O'Dowd - see Niall Madden. Eoin McGuigan looks to have plenty in him but not at MF.
And then we have Lorcan and Eddie.
I hate been critical of new players but the selection is baffling. Anyone that saw the 3 games agree?
Good to see Brennan back alright. I thought McElkennon messed him over after the Waterford defeat a few years back. Is he really back with Drumalee? Why is that?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on February 02, 2010, 06:12:00 PM

Aye I was wondering about that too...

(very slow day that I'm checking the message boards on Hoganstand)
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 02, 2010, 03:58:35 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on February 02, 2010, 03:35:06 PM
This continuing fascination with Lorcan Mulvey always baffles me I must say. He could be a useful addition if he ever got anything near to something resembling full fitness, but every year he gets a chance, doesn't take it, gets dispensed with and then recalled.  ???

To be fair he didnt get a chance last year against Antrim when we were destroyed at Midfield Maniac.
He was also in better shape last year than hes ever been in.

Fair point, but he's had plenty of others I think. I'll never forget the embarrassment of the TV commentators remarking on how some of our lads were blowing hard with twenty minutes to go in a live championship game a few years ago, during the Keogan era v Down I reckon.  :-[
But if he's fit and committed he's as worthy of a place as anyone else, so let him at it I suppose, I just hope the pattern doesn't recur.

mylestheslasher

In defence of Mulvey (what am I doing??) he is not the most mobile of lads but he is big and strong. He would need someone to do the running for him. Previously Keogan had him in the middle with Walsh or McCabe so pretty much any mobile midfield could run the legs of them. Maybe if Ciaran Galligan was there to run he wouldn't be too bad of an option. Now getting him to stop sticking out his chest and making an eejit of himself is another thing.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on February 02, 2010, 06:21:47 PM
from hogan stand

RHF

Right I have my McKenna cup programme out and comparing the two lists it seems the off the newcomers the following have been kept and dropped repectively:
Kept: Madden,Conor Smith, Eoin McPhilips, Tomas Corr, Darren Murphy, Mark Johnston, Alan Clarke, Dane O'Dowd, Eoin McGuigan, Gareth Smith,
Dropped: John Cunningham, Alan Durkin, Stephen Jordan, Joey Jordan, Donal Thomas, John McCabe, Declan Reilly, Killian Lynch.
Before I pull my hair out let me say that I agree that, unfortunately, the last 3 on the dropped list just aren't good enough/didn't perform in the McKenna Cup.
Now.......John Cunningham got 10 minutes, Stephen Jordan go 0 minutes, Joey Jordan got one game at CB when he should've been tried at CB but wasn't too bad in the position he did play. Donal Thomas was played at FF despite being MF for Killygarry and Alan Drukin played well IMO against St.Mary's.
Now to the kept list...............Niall Madden was as poor as anyone and got plenty of game time. Conor Smith stood out against Tyrone and I suppose I can't argue with his inclusion although I personally don't think he's up to it. Eoin McPhillips deserves to be kept in. Tomas Corr could be good but not at FB but no doubt TC will persevere with his square peg in round hole approach. Hard to tell on Darren Murphy but we obviously need a second keeper. Mark Johnston - see Niall Madden, Alan Clarke - see Niall Madden, Dane O'Dowd - see Niall Madden. Eoin McGuigan looks to have plenty in him but not at MF.
I hate been critical of new players but the selection is baffling. Anyone that saw the 3 games agree?
Good to see Brennan back alright. I thought McElkennon messed him over after the Waterford defeat a few years back. Is he really back with Drumalee? Why is that?
WTF? Well obviously someone (not me) copied and pasted. I feel vioalted. Now I know some of the lads on hoganstand don't have the best grammer but why would you want to post someone else's opinion? Somebody with an account go on and sort that out.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 02, 2010, 08:19:15 PM
Quote from: Dougal on February 02, 2010, 06:21:47 PM
from hogan stand

RHF

WTF? Well obviously someone (not me) copied and pasted. I feel vioalted. Now I know some of the lads on hoganstand don't have the best grammer but why would you want to post someone else's opinion? Somebody with an account go on and sort that out.

And normally you have to hand over good money to feel like that...

Some joke alright... very sad
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

And I just noticed all the spelling mistakes they made. Oh wait............. ;D

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 02, 2010, 08:42:10 PM
And I just noticed all the spelling mistakes they made. Oh wait............. ;D

They probably wrote that they borrowed the post from Lawrence of Knockbride on the superior Gaaboard and that bit got censored. Hoganstand is a bit like China, you can say what you like as long as it not critical of the powerful mods.

beer baron

Hardly notions of  upperosity on here folks!? :D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: beer baron on February 02, 2010, 09:11:45 PM
Hardly notions of  upperosity on here folks!? :D
I've just had my upperosity and I'm off to bed.