Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Its not up to the referee how long is to be played though Celt Man.
You dont have to accept that "20 minutes a side" bollox.
Now its a good few years since ive played a junior match,but i think they should be played before the senior game.
At least give those lads,alot of whom train as hard as the senior lads,10-15 minutes at the end whereby they are playing on front of a decent crowd,not 10 people as usual.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 21, 2010, 03:09:58 PM
Now its a good few years since ive played a junior match,but i think they should be played before the senior game.
At least give those lads,alot of whom train as hard as the senior lads,10-15 minutes at the end whereby they are playing on front of a decent crowd,not 10 people as usual.

I know it's not but if get an awkward f**ker of a ref (yes they are a few of them out there) who is determined to get out of there quick after a senior game, it's hard for him not to get his way in some cases....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 21, 2010, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 21, 2010, 03:09:58 PM

I know it's not but if get an awkward f**ker of a ref (yes they are a few of them out there) who is determined to get out of there quick after a senior game, it's hard for him not to get his way in some cases....
Would there not be a clear case for objecting against any such result if it took place?
I know in some cases both teams agree to the 20 minutes a side,if they are short of players normally after the senior game.

boojangles

Ah I have actually lost the will to care anymore about any decisions the powers that be make in Cavan. Its just very sad to see how low this county is,Club and Inter-County. We can compete with the best up to Minor level then it all goes pear-shaped. We have produced some outstanding talent but where has it got us. Cavan football is a f**king joke,its just a pity I can't see the funny side.

BH Man will you be attending the Coaching course this weekend?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on January 21, 2010, 04:26:11 PM
Ah I have actually lost the will to care anymore about any decisions the powers that be make in Cavan. Its just very sad to see how low this county is,Club and Inter-County. We can compete with the best up to Minor level then it all goes pear-shaped. We have produced some outstanding talent but where has it got us. Cavan football is a f**king joke,its just a pity I can't see the funny side.

BH Man will you be attending the Coaching course this weekend?
Thats the level One coaching award on in Castletara NS and Breffini isnt it?
I havent done the foundation one yet to be honest!!

Drung

QuoteAh I have actually lost the will to care anymore about any decisions the powers that be make in Cavan. Its just very sad to see how low this county is,Club and Inter-County. We can compete with the best up to Minor level then it all goes pear-shaped. We have produced some outstanding talent but where has it got us. Cavan football is a f**king joke,its just a pity I can't see the funny side.

I know you train underage teams etc but there is point whinging on a message board or 'losing the will to care'. Become a delegate, run for the board, get involved, don't sit on the sidelines moaning.
The 'powers that be' are no different than anyone else - they are voted in by the clubs remember (in almost all cases).

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on January 21, 2010, 04:57:48 PM
QuoteAh I have actually lost the will to care anymore about any decisions the powers that be make in Cavan. Its just very sad to see how low this county is,Club and Inter-County. We can compete with the best up to Minor level then it all goes pear-shaped. We have produced some outstanding talent but where has it got us. Cavan football is a f**king joke,its just a pity I can't see the funny side.

I know you train underage teams etc but there is point whinging on a message board or 'losing the will to care'. Become a delegate, run for the board, get involved, don't sit on the sidelines moaning.
The 'powers that be' are no different than anyone else - they are voted in by the clubs remember (in almost all cases).

Don't worry about me Drung,playing and coaching is enough for me (or any man) at the moment. I'l get involved if and when I want to. I'l be whinging and moaning to whoever represented my club Monday nite. Thats all I care about.
What good would I have done the other night when close to 90% of delegates supported these changes.
Maybe Im missing something am I?? Maybe no relegation in Division 2 is actually good for football??
How should BH Man and all in Ballyhaise feel when seeing Denn and Lavey re-instated to Division 1 over a County Board c**k-up, when the same thing happened them last year over the Ballinagh incident?
What was the point in Drumalee or Knockbride making a big effort with their Reserve teams over the last few years when the County Board can wipe away all the good work with a show of hands?
It all leaves me with the opinion that there is no hope for Cavan football.

Moan Over.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on January 21, 2010, 05:35:54 PM
Quote from: Drung on January 21, 2010, 04:57:48 PM

Don't worry about me Drung,playing and coaching is enough for me (or any man) at the moment. I'l get involved if and when I want to. I'l be whinging and moaning to whoever represented my club Monday nite. Thats all I care about.
What good would I have done the other night when close to 90% of delegates supported these changes.
Maybe Im missing something am I?? Maybe no relegation in Division 2 is actually good for football??
How should BH Man and all in Ballyhaise feel when seeing Denn and Lavey re-instated to Division 1 over a County Board c**k-up, when the same thing happened them last year over the Ballinagh incident?
What was the point in Drumalee or Knockbride making a big effort with their Reserve teams over the last few years when the County Board can wipe away all the good work with a show of hands?
It all leaves me with the opinion that there is no hope for Cavan football.

Moan Over.
I agree,i thought the whole introduction of  Divisions 4,5,6 with promotion and relegation from each were a great idea,
2 years later to scrap all that just beggars belief.
From appointing a sports management company to do their job in hiring a manager,to messing around the clubs by changing league structures,i honestly dont think the county board can do anything more to bollox up football in this county than they already have.

Drung

Quoteover a County Board c**k-up

Explain what c**k up did the board make?

Look, sitting here crying about the board is pointless. Get it into your head - the board IS the clubs!!!

Elected by the clubs, from the clubs. That's irrefutable.

90 per cent of the clubs wanted this. Otherwise, delegates didn't do their jobs. If delegates (chairman and secretary, remember, the two most important positions in the club) can't do their job, is that the board's fault?

Complaining about a democratic decision is pathetic. It had to get a two thirds majority and it got more.

Did Ballyhaise vote for it?
Did all the other clubs listed here who were wronged vote for it?

Some of them did.

The problem with Cavan football is in some of the full time positions, but not 'the board' per se. There are 17 on the committee remember.

mylestheslasher

Probably one of the most stupid decision the county board have ever made. Does nothing only lower the standard of football in the county and punish clubs good enough to have 2 strong teams. Drung has a point too, the problem in a lot of clubs is that they are run by a handful of people that are often "backwoods" men. The younger (dare I say more intelligent) club member doesn't get involved. Last year Killeshandra sent a delegate to vote on Tommy Carrs future with the instruction to stay neutral, instead he opened proceedings with a massive rant at Carr and actually came across as the most hardline opponent in the place. This from a club that had 2 players on the county panel for the 1st time in a long long time! Cavan clubs have been stale in terms of ideas for as long as I can remember and allowed this to happen and until the people in their 20's and 30's get more involved we'll probably be getting more of this shit.

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on January 21, 2010, 06:33:27 PM

Look, sitting here crying about the board is pointless. Get it into your head - the board IS the clubs!!!

90 per cent of the clubs wanted this. Otherwise, delegates didn't do their jobs. If delegates (chairman and secretary, remember, the two most important positions in the club) can't do their job, is that the board's fault?

Complaining about a democratic decision is pathetic. It had to get a two thirds majority and it got more.

Some of them did.

The problem with Cavan football is in some of the full time positions, but not 'the board' per se. There are 17 on the committee remember.

I know exactly what the Board consists off thank you,That is my point,I don't agree with 90% of delegates on this matter yet it seems black and white to me so I say what is the point caring anymore. If 90% of people think this is good for Cavan football then best of luck to us because we'r gonna need it.
Whats your opinion on it Drung? Do you think this is good for Cavan football?

Im not typing out the whole c**k-up the CB made,You know as well as I do that the whole lot was handled wrong. Gowna should have been deducted points and let play their remaining games. The same with Cavan Gaels. Now we have this farce.

But hold on, none of this matters,because the problem lies with 'some of the full-time positions'.
If only that was the only problem with Cavan football.
Care to expand Drung,who ya talking about?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on January 21, 2010, 07:22:24 PM
Quote from: Drung on January 21, 2010, 06:33:27 PM

Some of them did.

I know exactly what the Board consists off thank you,That is my point,I don't agree with 90% of delegates on this matter yet it seems black and white to me so I say what is the point caring anymore. If 90% of people think this is good for Cavan football then best of luck to us because we'r gonna need it.
Whats your opinion on it Drung? Do you think this is good for Cavan football?

Im not typing out the whole c**k-up the CB made,You know as well as I do that the whole lot was handled wrong. Gowna should have been deducted points and let play their remaining games. The same with Cavan Gaels. Now we have this farce.

But hold on, none of this matters,because the problem lies with 'some of the full-time positions'.
If only that was the only problem with Cavan football.
Care to expand Drung,who ya talking about?
At least we're getting a bit of passion back into Cavan GAA ;)
Apart from what we think of these plans can anyone tell me how Kingscourt's reserves are in Division 3 and Killeshandra's are in Division 6? I mean how were the proposals even came up with?

Dougal

prob because we dont have the numbers at the minute,in a few years our reserves will be working their way up the divisions.kingscourt had a decent div4 team last year if i remember right,div3 would be a bit too much for them id imagine.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Drung

Boojangles, your post is ill-informed, ignorant and short sighted.

QuoteGowna should have been deducted points and let play their remaining games. The same with Cavan Gaels. Now we have this farce.

Gowna COULDN'T have been deducted points because there is no provision for that in the rules of the association. Got it? You don't know what you're talking about Boojangles.
The club should have taken their medicine. They appealed all the way to Croke Park ON A TECHNICALITY. They didn't dispute anything that they did, yet they argued till the cows came home to get off, in the process fcking up the season for loads of other clubs. Their indiscipline and stubborness has fucked up the season, not the board.
They wouldn't listen to any attempts at mediation and stubbornly stuck to their guns. Yet the evil 'board' is to blame?

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on January 21, 2010, 11:49:35 PM
Boojangles, your post is ill-informed, ignorant and short sighted.

QuoteGowna should have been deducted points and let play their remaining games. The same with Cavan Gaels. Now we have this farce.

Gowna COULDN'T have been deducted points because there is no provision for that in the rules of the association. Got it? You don't know what you're talking about Boojangles.
The club should have taken their medicine. They appealed all the way to Croke Park ON A TECHNICALITY. They didn't dispute anything that they did, yet they argued till the cows came home to get off, in the process fcking up the season for loads of other clubs. Their indiscipline and stubborness has fucked up the season, not the board.
They wouldn't listen to any attempts at mediation and stubbornly stuck to their guns. Yet the evil 'board' is to blame?

Ignorant,ill-informed and short sighted and you got that all from one sentence.What about the rest of my post? Who are these Full-time officers that are the real problem in Cavan football?? Whats your opinion on the rest of the changes made? Have you got an opinion or you just trying to get one over me?
Your still hurt over the FOUR Ulster Titles Drung are ya?? Don't worry,easy mistake to make. Stick to the Rule book. I know who to come to for a crash course on GAA rules when I decide to run for a delegate to the County Board, thats for sure.
Whatever about the deduction of points in the rules, are you still saying that the County Board handled it well?? Evil?? definitely not,but definitely naive.
Gowna obviously acted as you would expect from Gowna,but that doesn't mean they should be let away with it.
Anyway Im not saying anymore, Its obvious what your motive is. Come back to me when you want to debate.