Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Here is the fixture list from the Ulster Council's website. Home game for our first game. 

Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup Group B

Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Date Time Comment   
Cavan  - - Donegal  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 16/01/2010 19:00   
Tyrone  - - St. Marys  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone 17/01/2010 14:00   
Cavan  - - St. Marys  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 20/01/2010 19:30   
Donegal  - - Tyrone  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey 20/01/2010 19:30   
Tyrone  - - Cavan  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone TBC TBC   
Donegal  - - St. Marys  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey TBC TBC 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 07, 2010, 10:51:04 AM
Here is the fixture list from the Ulster Council's website. Home game for our first game. 

Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup Group B

Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Date Time Comment   
Cavan  - - Donegal  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 16/01/2010 19:00   
Tyrone  - - St. Marys  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone 17/01/2010 14:00   
Cavan  - - St. Marys  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 20/01/2010 19:30   
Donegal  - - Tyrone  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey 20/01/2010 19:30   
Tyrone  - - Cavan  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone TBC TBC   
Donegal  - - St. Marys  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey TBC TBC 

So does TBC mean that the Tyrone game definitely won't be on this Saturday or that it might be cos it looks like nothing else has changed?

Celt_Man

Yea this weekend's whole games are postponed.... 

Taken from Ulster GAA website

Due to the current adverse weather conditions and the predicted weather forecast for the next five days, the Round 1 fixtures in the Barrett Sport Lighting Dr McKenna Cup scheduled for this weekend, Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th January have been postponed.

The revised fixture schedule for this competition is shown below:

Fixtures:
All Sunday games at 2.00 p.m.: All midweek games at 7.30 p.m.
(Extra time to be played if required in Semi finals & Final)

Sat 16th Jan: Round 2:

Group A
Armagh v UUJ at Crossmaglen (2.00pm)

Group B                                           
Cavan v Donegal at Kingspan Breffni Park (7.00pm)

Group C                                                           
Down v Queens at Pairc Esler (7.00pm)

Sun 17th Jan: Round 2:

Group A
Fermanagh v Monaghan at Brewster Park

Group B                                           
Tyrone v St. Mary's at Healy Park

Group C                                                                                       
Antrim v Derry at Casement Park

Wed 20th Jan: Round 3:

Group A                             
Monaghan v Armagh at Inniskeen
Fermanagh v UUJ at Brewster Park                           

Group B
Cavan v St Mary's at Kingspan Breffni Park
Donegal v Tyrone at Ballybofey

Group C
Down v Antrim at Pairc Esler
Derry v Queens at Celtic Park

Sat 23rd / Sun 24th Jan:  Round 1:

Group A
Monaghan v UUJ at Inniskeen
Armagh v Fermanagh at Crossmaglen

Group B
Donegal v St. Mary's at Ballybofey
Tyrone v Cavan at Healy Park

Group C
Derry v Down at Celtic Park             
Antrim v Queens at Casement Park   

Wed 27th Jan:

Semi Finals
(1) Best Runners Up v Winner of Section C
(2) Winner of Section A v Winner of Section B

Sat 30th Jan:

Final:  1 v 2
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BigMac

Has anyone heard anything from the Cavan training camp? How are things progressing or is there anyone who is looking like they might make the cut? Any idea of what the team might be for the first McKenna cup game or is it just a lottery at this stage?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Can't you just see the season unfolding. No developments squads meaning trying out new lads in the McKenna Cup which now could be scrapped with the weather. Where would that leave us? I hope TC got well paid for his commentary duties in Croker last August. Lucky inter-county managers aren't allowed to be paid cos we'd have wasted a lot of money on him. ;)

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 08, 2010, 06:30:57 PM
Can't you just see the season unfolding. No developments squads meaning trying out new lads in the McKenna Cup which now could be scrapped with the weather. Where would that leave us? I hope TC got well paid for his commentary duties in Croker last August. Lucky inter-county managers aren't allowed to be paid cos we'd have wasted a lot of money on him. ;)

One of my New Years resolutions is to not talk about Cavan Senior football team.

Denn Forever

Quote from: boojangles on January 08, 2010, 08:12:59 PM
You lasted  8 days.  Next year you'll have got the hang of it.

Unless of course if we get out of Division 3 and win Ulster.

Maybe???

One of my New Years resolutions is to not talk about Cavan Senior football team.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lawrence of Knockbride

At all? I suppose it is the local thread.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 09, 2010, 11:05:03 AM

At all? I suppose it is the local thread.

There is Minor,U-21 and club football. Maybe its January Blues but TBH alot of it just depresses me these days.New Year should bring optimism and hope but I can't find it. Obviously I'd do anything to see Cavan victorious once again but it just seems like a dark tunnell at the moment. Reports from the first meeting of our Youth Board last night wouldn't fill me with hope either.
I'm pinning my hopes on a good campaign from our U-21s or dare I say it our Minors :o- I know we'r doomed already!!!

BallyhaiseMan

We have had development panels for approx 4/5 years now and have 5/6 full-time coaches,Few other counties are putting such money into development as we are.
You've got to believe some of these years it will pay off!!!!

cavanmaniac

If I recall right I think it was McHugh who got the county board to start looking at coaching and putting underage structures in place and so on.
That's about 15 years ago if I'm correct and we haven't won anything at underage in that time, unless you include 1996 which I wouldn't. I know full time coaches are a more recent addition although James Lovett (Games Development I think) had/has been knocking about a very long time with little tangible result in terms of udnerage achievement.
Intentions are certainly good and there hasn't been a shortage of investment, and yet we're getting nowhere. It makes me think Cavan county board is a bit like FÁS.

Dougal

hope you's are all prepared for the long journey on sat. ;D

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/211-02.html
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Celt_Man

Looks like no Pierson this year..

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=122439

McGee and Pierson set for London switch

Donegal defender Eamonn McGee and Cavan forward Gerald Pierson are expected to throw in their lot with the London footballers.

The news is a major boost to the Exiles who are benefiting from the recession after emigration from Ireland to the English capital came to a virtual standstill during the Celtic Tiger years.

McGee has joined Tir Chonaill Gaels, but is not eligible to play for the Greenford-based club in Sunday week's All-Ireland club quarter-final against Munster champions Tir Chonaill Gaels.

Gowna clubman Pierson has also moved to London and is not included in Cavan's McKenna Cup squad, so the door is open for him to join the Exiles.

Former London manager Noel Dunning, who is now part of a three-man selection committee along with Liam Brennan and Martin McGrath, is also hoping Gary McCloskey will come on board after jetting back home to play for Leitrim in last year's league and championship.

Confirming that McGee and Pierson were on the management's radar, the Westmeath native said in the Irish Daily Star: "He (McGee) is over. He is involved with Tir Chonaill Gaels, helping them out, so he hasn't been involved with London yet.

"I'd certainly hope he'd commit, but I haven't spoken to him at any great length. I haven't spoken to any Tir Chonaill Gaels players. I don't want to try and derail them from what they are trying to achieve."

On Pierson, he added: "We'd be hoping we'd have him."

put-it-up

I thought we mentioned quite a while back that there was no Pierson this year. Anyway have any idea what sort of a team will be out this weekend?