Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 17, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
BHMan has stalkers on gaaboard... very jealous - guess I'll just have to make do with chicks stalking me around niteclubs   :-\..... oh well  ;D

On another note, there is a thread elsewhere on this yoke about money from the soccer/rugby filtering back down from county boards to clubs...  Anyone know what became of / or is planned for the share Cavan Co. Board received?  haven't heard anything good, bad or indifferent about it.

One million of the 1.1 Million needed to install the new 3G surface at Breifni Park is coming from Croke Park. I know that is mostly aimed at County teams but it should b available to all clubs too.

My own club received a grant (about 10k) last year to install new floodlights.

Wheres this Niteclub CeltMan? Please don't say the White Horse??!!

beer baron

the white horse is where its all going down boojangles-ha

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on December 17, 2009, 08:13:38 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on December 17, 2009, 07:33:07 PM
BHMan has stalkers on gaaboard... very jealous - guess I'll just have to make do with chicks stalking me around niteclubs   :-\..... oh well  ;D

On another note, there is a thread elsewhere on this yoke about money from the soccer/rugby filtering back down from county boards to clubs...  Anyone know what became of / or is planned for the share Cavan Co. Board received?  haven't heard anything good, bad or indifferent about it.

One million of the 1.1 Million needed to install the new 3G surface at Breifni Park is coming from Croke Park. I know that is mostly aimed at County teams but it should b available to all clubs too.

My own club received a grant (about 10k) last year to install new floodlights.

Wheres this Niteclub CeltMan? Please don't say the White Horse??!!

Wherever I go, that's where they will be Boojangles!!  ;D ;D ;D

Definitely none in the White Horse though they are all 16 and under or married, either way untouchable!!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

So the boxing is done and the McKenna cup panel is picked.

Anyone feeling anymore optimistic about the year ahead yet?

i like a few of the new faces that are being given a shit but a few I find a little strange. Then again we get hit heavily but players in college and it can do no harm to look at players.

Does anyone know why Darren Smith or Paddy Gumley are not being given a chance?

Lawrence of Knockbride

I spoke to a goonie the other day and although he can't be certain he reckons Fanin has packed the county in after the way he's been fucked around thus far. One of the best attacking players in Division 2/intermediate championship gone cos he couldn't get a run outside of corner back in a few league games.

Dougal

Quote from: put-it-up on December 19, 2009, 05:03:07 PM

i like a few of the new faces that are being given a shit but a few I find a little strange. Then again we get hit heavily but players in college and it can do no harm to look at players.

what is that about????

i dont blame fannin one bit,a great forward,and hasnt been given the chance to show how good he is.id be packin my bags aswell
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

BallyhaiseMan

Cant blame Keith as he was fucked around this year by the management.
Put it up made a great point,Paddy Gumley and Darren Smith,unless they were asked and refused,how are they not in the panel?  ???

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 20, 2009, 08:59:48 AM
Put it up made a great point,Paddy Gumley and Darren Smith,unless they were asked and refused,how are they not in the panel?  ???

Didn't carr come out last year and say how impressed he was with gumley and then cut him from the panel a week later. Maybe something is going on there?

mylestheslasher

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/cavan-club-faces-836412m-boom-debt-1982566.html

Cavan club faces €1.2m 'boom' debt

By JEROME REILLY
Sunday December 20 2009
One of the country's most historic GAA clubs, which built state-of-the-art facilities at the height of the Celtic Tiger, has been left nursing a debt of more than €1.2 million on the development.

Mullahoran Dreadnoughts, who have won 11 senior county titles in Cavan, took on a massive development programme in recent years, buying 19 acres of land, installing floodlights and building a new sports complex named in honour of one of their most famous sons, former minister and Cavan GAA legend John Wilson.

Earlier this year, the GAA's director-general Páraic Duffy warned that many clubs and county boards are facing heavy debts and face financial difficulties and, as this is the time of year when most clubs hold agms, the financial plight of some is coming to light. Duffy also warned that clubs would struggle with managing their debts at a time when revenues are being reduced.

Earlier this year, Mullahoran sold off 12.5 acres of the 19 acres they had bought for €320,000 in 2007 to help with their mounting debt. Though the club paid almost €17,000 per acre in the original purchase, the excess 12.5 acres -- situated on the opposite side of the road from the club complex -- was knocked down at auction for €165,750 or just over €13,000 per acre.

The construction of the clubhouse at Our Lady of Lourdes Park cost €1.5m. The club also installed a new outdoor athletics track as well as indoor training area, a gym and new dressing rooms which have left the club with substantial debts of more than €1m -- despite significant State aid including a €430,000 grant under the Government's Capital Grants Scheme and other grants from the GAA.

The club also received more than €50,000 under the Clár programme (Ceanntair Laga Ard-Riachtanais/Programme for Revitalising Rural Areas) which is designed to tackle the problem of depopulation, decline and lack of services in rural areas.

Members of Mullahoran were told at the club's AGM last night that the club's income in the Sports Complex and Development Account was €108,357 with €45,000 of this is in the form of a grant. Expenditure was €91,999, including interest payments of €55,626. The General and Lottery Account showed income of €68,028, including a GAA grant of €8,000. Expenditure was €72,643.

On October 31 last, the loan for building the new complex stood at €792,438. The loan for the purchase of the 19 acres of land still stands at €197,455 -- despite the sale of the 12.5 acres. Total debt on the club's ambitious development project now stands at €1,214,046.

Many GAA clubs across the country embarked on similar ambitious developments during the boom and find themselves lumbered with large debt.

According to Páraic Duffy, all areas of the association were "experiencing difficult financial circumstances'', and that a number of GAA projects would have to be cancelled or cut back. While he acknowledged that the association had a responsibility to help its clubs, Duffy warned that it did not have "sufficient resources'' to bail out every club.

"In recent years, there have been unprecedented levels of funding from the GAA central council for units and for projects of various kinds," Duffy said. "Revenue pressures mean that these levels of funding, too, may not continue in the immediate future."

- JEROME REILLY

Sunday Independent

beer baron

Lawrence you heard right.Ballyhaiseman i doubt Darren Smith for one was asked in and didn't want to join as i heard from few Lavey players that he was mad to be involved,can't understand how how he isn't in the squad-definitely deserves a chance.

Dougal

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 20, 2009, 10:19:33 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 20, 2009, 08:59:48 AM

Didn't carr come out last year and say how impressed he was with gumley and then cut him from the panel a week later. Maybe something is going on there?

he was on the panel last year and had to pull out because of a heart condition,then carr said that he was very impressed with him and hopefully he would make a return when he recovered.so i dont think carr cut him last year.but cant understand why he isnt on it this year.smith should be on it too,great player.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

I could be wrong but i thought he was cut before he had the heart condition uncovered.

put-it-up

Quote from: Dougal on December 19, 2009, 08:31:20 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on December 19, 2009, 05:03:07 PM

what is that about????

i dont blame fannin one bit,a great forward,and hasnt been given the chance to show how good he is.id be packin my bags aswell

sorry that was meant to be shot :)..to be honest with ya lads I had a few beers in me at the time of posting!

Still very surprised Darren has not been given a shot, i rate him very highly.

I was told Carr sang Gumley's praises at the start of last year.
Any updates on Miller?

BallyhaiseMan

Lads
Wishing you all a happy and safe christmas and an enjoyable new year.
Hopefully 2010 is a good year for Cavan football.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 24, 2009, 07:19:14 AM
Lads
Wishing you all a happy and safe christmas and an enjoyable new year.
Hopefully 2010 is a good year for Cavan football.
Ditto BH Man although the optimism is at an all time low. But I'll be in Healy Park on January 9 anyway.