Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on December 16, 2009, 03:57:30 PM
Quote from: beer baron on December 16, 2009, 02:05:32 PM
Wasn't expecting to see Killian Lynch on it,anyone see him play much this year?Must've improved and bulked up a lot from last time i seen him play.

Isn't too hard to work that one out now.

yep, some mentality to bring to a county set up
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Only in Cavan CeltMan.

As Big Mac said it seems like a Development panel with some of the names picked,although there seems to be a lot of lads not involved who are not involved in the Sigerson either.
I thought there would b a few more Cavan Gaels lads in too-(Chesty,Duffy,Nelligan)
I heard of at least one player who took himself off the Senior panel to concentrate on the U-21s.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on December 16, 2009, 04:46:14 PM
Only in Cavan CeltMan.

As Big Mac said it seems like a Development panel with some of the names picked,although there seems to be a lot of lads not involved who are not involved in the Sigerson either.
I thought there would b a few more Cavan Gaels lads in too-(Chesty,Duffy,Nelligan)
I heard of at least one player who took himself off the Senior panel to concentrate on the U-21s.

Yea there is an element of truth to that but in fairness I wanted new guys to go in and get a chance so I'll let them at it.

That last line is interesting, can't imagine there would be too many Under 21s who would be that committed to their set up to pull out of the Seniors.  Fair play to him.

As far as only in cavan boojangles. Not at all, you only have to look at the government you will see people shoveled into jobs coz they had the ear of the right man etc.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: beer baron on December 16, 2009, 12:04:18 PM

Cavan McKenna Cup squad: Darren Murphy (Drumlane), Fintan Reilly (Redhills), Declan Reilly (Bailieborough), Eoin McGuigan (Belturbet), John McCutcheon (Cootehill), Mark Johnson (Cornafean), Killian Lynch (Cuchullains), Eoin McPhilips (Denn), Martin Cahill (Denn), Michael Hannon (Drumgoon), Dane O'Dowd (Drumlane), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Eoin Smith (Killygarry), Alan Clarke (Kingscourt), Joey Jordan (Lavey), Allen Durkan (Ballinagh), Tomas Corr (Denn), Ciaran Galligan (Drung), Donal Thomas (Killygarry), John Cunningham (Swanlinbar), Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), Brendan Fitzpatrick (Belturbet), Sean Brady (Castlerahan), Michael Lyng (Cavan Gaels), Nicholas Walsh (Cavan Gaels), Conor Smith (Cuchullains), Gareth Smith (Oliver Plunketts), Eddie O'Reilly (Mullahoran), John McCabe (Munterconnacht), Stephen Jordan (Lavey).

Any comments?
Positive-
I Like the inclusion of Declan Reily,Stephen Jordan,Eoin McPhilips,Alan Clarke and Tomas Corr.
Each one can add something to the county panel.
Negative-
id question why the likes of Walsh,Lyng,Cahill,Hannon,Galligan(unless they are going to try him full forward or something),McKeever , Sean Brady and John McCutcheon(100% certain starter now imo) are in there,as we have seen what they all bring to the table,whether its positive or negative depending on your viewpoint.

beer baron

As far as only in cavan boojangles. Not at all, you only have to look at the government you will see people shoveled into jobs coz they had the ear of the right man etc.

Sure look at Ryan Tubridy,how could he ever get into tv only for his family.No Fannin in the squad.Maybe had enough of getting dropped after playing well?

BallyhaiseMan

Im guessing Mulvey has been told hes not wanted either after the alleged disagreement he had with a member of the management team last year.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 16, 2009, 05:33:33 PM
Im guessing Mulvey has been told hes not wanted either after the alleged disagreement he had with a member of the management team last year.

In terms of football I meant Celt Man.Your comparison to our inept Government tho could be spot on.

Im glad that they are giving a few lads a chance.I just hope they give them a proper chance instead of dis-regarding them after 1 or 2 McKenna Cup games.Some of the new recruits have never played any Inter-County football at any level so it will take them time to adjust. Hell knows there are lads playing with Cavan for 5 or 6 years and they still haven't adjusted ::)

Alan Clarke always had the potential to be a County Senior but he was never really handled right.Brought in one year then dropped instead of persisting with him.Hopefully he makes it.

Lorcan Mulvey was never contacted by anyone from the Senior set-up. He is heading to London in the New Year I believe.

whats my name

good to see some new faces in the mc kenna cup might shake things up a few lads in their that i have my doubts about but hopefully they will prove us wrong. cant get my head around killian lynch was at the trials and he's way off senior football still small and easily brushed aside must be one of the perks of being the county trainer get your brother on the panel lol 

cavan4sam

Boojangles, I have a fairidea who BHMan is, PM me and Ill let you know.

mylestheslasher

I can reveal that Ballyhaiseman is

BATMAN
Am I close?

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 17, 2009, 08:13:36 AM

BATMAN
Am I close?

Good call Myles.  Why the interest in who BHman really is?  I thought this forum was to be anonymous.  And BHman I mean no disrespect when I say I don't care who you are.

At least there are some new names in the panel and it doesn't seem like the old reliables.  Lets see how the guys react before saying I don't really think the X isn't fit for County football. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

I just wanna return the favour and send him a Christmas card.

To Boojangles

From Big S,Ballyhaise Man and all in the Flaggin Bottom.

Lovely touch.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4sam on December 17, 2009, 02:30:40 AM
Boojangles, I have a fairidea who BHMan is, PM me and Ill let you know.

Stalker!!!!  :D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 17, 2009, 10:17:14 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 17, 2009, 08:13:36 AM

BATMAN
Am I close?

Good call Myles.  Why the interest in who BHman really is?  I thought this forum was to be anonymous.  And BHman I mean no disrespect when I say I don't care who you are.

At least there are some new names in the panel and it doesn't seem like the old reliables.  Lets see how the guys react before saying I don't really think the X isn't fit for County football.

You and me both DF,i wish they would leave me alone,its not like im a member of the county panel or anything,OR AM I??????!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
Now il be accused of being Ray.

Celt_Man

BHMan has stalkers on gaaboard... very jealous - guess I'll just have to make do with chicks stalking me around niteclubs   :-\..... oh well  ;D

On another note, there is a thread elsewhere on this yoke about money from the soccer/rugby filtering back down from county boards to clubs...  Anyone know what became of / or is planned for the share Cavan Co. Board received?  haven't heard anything good, bad or indifferent about it.