Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on December 14, 2009, 04:23:28 PM
No word out of BallyhaiseMan,he must be still on the sauce. He is staying very quiet lately,I believe he mite be leaving these shores for DownUnder,he is probably trying to ween himself off GAABoard.
I wish boojangles :D,
id love to be heading down to Oz like Fergal is.
Alas he will be a huge loss to the team this coming year.
Terrific win for our lads yesterday,Ray gave an exhibition.
Good to win a final,as we have lost 4 from minor level up within the last year.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 14, 2009, 06:10:56 PM
Quote from: boojangles on December 14, 2009, 04:23:28 PM
No word out of BallyhaiseMan,he must be still on the sauce. He is staying very quiet lately,I believe he mite be leaving these shores for DownUnder,he is probably trying to ween himself off GAABoard.

Maybe, like me, he is trying to forget last year so when January comes and the McKenna cup starts I can pretend there is some hope for the future :-[
It was Tommy Carr out after two games lin the league this year from me.  ;D
There is hope for the future Myles.
Sure the 2010 Cavan minors and under 21's are the best we've had for years.   :D  :-\

PhilsJemmysField

Any word what is happening with Gowna and the league

Celt_Man

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on December 15, 2009, 02:17:08 PM
Any word what is happening with Gowna and the league

It said in the county convention report that the 12 week suspension to Gowna's senior team had been upheld by the Ulster Counci (I think it was the Ulster council but whoever it was, it was the last step before the DRA) and the fine was reduced from 3,000 to 1,500 euros.  It is apparently now with the Disputes Resolutions Authority

to summarise it's a clusterfu*k
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

I don't believe ya BHMan. Its taken me a while to catch ya and I think Im on the money. ;D ;D If we don't have an in-depth player analysis from the 1st McKenna Cup game I'l know your gone!! :D :D

Was down at the Ulster Vocational Semi-Final match earlier in Donagh where it was Men against Boys unfortunately.I think it was 2-12 to 0-3 to Monaghan. Far stronger,better coached team against our lads who were lacking in power and ideas. Does not bode well for our Minors.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on December 15, 2009, 04:09:27 PM
I don't believe ya BHMan. Its taken me a while to catch ya and I think Im on the money. ;D ;D If we don't have an in-depth player analysis from the 1st McKenna Cup game I'l know your gone!! :D :D

Was down at the Ulster Vocational Semi-Final match earlier in Donagh where it was Men against Boys unfortunately.I think it was 2-12 to 0-3 to Monaghan. Far stronger,better coached team against our lads who were lacking in power and ideas. Does not bode well for our Minors.

No I don't think so Boojangles.  I would have my own suspicions about who it is....

2-12 to 3 points jaysus that's some kicking... afraid to ask but did anyone in a blue jersey catch your eye?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

I wish i had Sloweys ability,thats for sure,
im afraid im one of the other lads of lesser ability.  ;)
Anyone know how Virginia College done or are doing in the vocationals this year?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 15, 2009, 05:03:28 PM

No I don't think so Boojangles.  I would have my own suspicions about who it is....

2-12 to 3 points jaysus that's some kicking... afraid to ask but did anyone in a blue jersey catch your eye?

Not you too Celt
all the lads suggested to date as to my identity are far better footballers than me,thats for sure  ;)
Pm me with your guess anyway CM,and il tell you how far off the mark you are!!!

boojangles

Il reserve judgement until the new year.Too many coincidences but Il give ya the benefit of the doubt BH.
Virginia won their 10th County Vocational title in a row against Breifne College a few weeks ago.I believe Niall Lynch has been over all them teams which is an outstanding achievement.
He was along the line today but don't think he is the boss.
CeltMan I couldn't say anbody stood out. Have seen Jack Brady of Ramor twice now and he is a fine prospect but he was played out of position today.
It was quite obvious that at least 5-6 of the Monaghan lads are doing a strength or weights programme while I doubt any of the Cavan lads are.We were far too easy knocked off the ball.
I would love to know what has been done with these underage Development panels,because we are way behind Monaghan and god knows who else.
Monaghans pace,movement and hunger for the ball was in very stark contrast to Cavans slow,laboured build up play allowing Monaghan to filter men back and then counter attack at pace.

beer baron

Cavan McKenna Cup squad: Darren Murphy (Drumlane), Fintan Reilly (Redhills), Declan Reilly (Bailieborough), Eoin McGuigan (Belturbet), John McCutcheon (Cootehill), Mark Johnson (Cornafean), Killian Lynch (Cuchullains), Eoin McPhilips (Denn), Martin Cahill (Denn), Michael Hannon (Drumgoon), Dane O'Dowd (Drumlane), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Eoin Smith (Killygarry), Alan Clarke (Kingscourt), Joey Jordan (Lavey), Allen Durkan (Ballinagh), Tomas Corr (Denn), Ciaran Galligan (Drung), Donal Thomas (Killygarry), John Cunningham (Swanlinbar), Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), Brendan Fitzpatrick (Belturbet), Sean Brady (Castlerahan), Michael Lyng (Cavan Gaels), Nicholas Walsh (Cavan Gaels), Conor Smith (Cuchullains), Gareth Smith (Oliver Plunketts), Eddie O'Reilly (Mullahoran), John McCabe (Munterconnacht), Stephen Jordan (Lavey).

Any comments?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: beer baron on December 16, 2009, 12:04:18 PM

Cavan McKenna Cup squad: Darren Murphy (Drumlane), Fintan Reilly (Redhills), Declan Reilly (Bailieborough), Eoin McGuigan (Belturbet), John McCutcheon (Cootehill), Mark Johnson (Cornafean), Killian Lynch (Cuchullains), Eoin McPhilips (Denn), Martin Cahill (Denn), Michael Hannon (Drumgoon), Dane O'Dowd (Drumlane), Mark McKeever (Gowna), Eoin Smith (Killygarry), Alan Clarke (Kingscourt), Joey Jordan (Lavey), Allen Durkan (Ballinagh), Tomas Corr (Denn), Ciaran Galligan (Drung), Donal Thomas (Killygarry), John Cunningham (Swanlinbar), Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar), Brendan Fitzpatrick (Belturbet), Sean Brady (Castlerahan), Michael Lyng (Cavan Gaels), Nicholas Walsh (Cavan Gaels), Conor Smith (Cuchullains), Gareth Smith (Oliver Plunketts), Eddie O'Reilly (Mullahoran), John McCabe (Munterconnacht), Stephen Jordan (Lavey).

Any comments?
Yeah, how many do you think TC has seen play so far? Are there any U-21s on that panel or has Hyland got what Brady wanted?

beer baron

Not sure but think Conor Smith and Dane o dowd might still be under 21.As for how many has he seen play,i wouldn't be thinking 100% of them anyway :D

beer baron

Wasn't expecting to see Killian Lynch on it,anyone see him play much this year?Must've improved and bulked up a lot from last time i seen him play.

BigMac

I dont think Dane O dowd is still under 21 but i think conor smith still is. Would have a few opinions about the panel. It looks to me like Niall Lynch would have got his own club men in like Killian Lynch and Conor smith. I dont think either are up to county senior. Smith might make it but not yet i dont think. Lynch has never shone for under 21s and cant see the reason for bringing him in. It also would seem terry hyland has got the two jordans, stephen and joey in after managing Lavey this year. Both are good but cant see them making a league/championship panel. I really dont think Alan Durkan is county standard either. Not even near Ballinaghs best unless the management think they can mold a footballer out of him because of his size and strength. I also dont think Mark Johnson is that standard, i think he was in last year aswel and was dropped after the mckenna cup. Dont ever remember him playin u-21 either. No Johnson, Mackey, Flannagan, Podge, Keating, Dermot Sheridan, Eddie, Pierson, Fannin, Declan McKiernan, Thomas Reilly, Martin Reilly, Jayo, James Reilly, Mulvey, Larry...... etc. Only two players from the gaels, who walked through the senior championship, and will do again next year. It looks more like a development panel to be honest and id say less than half of these lads will be here by championship.

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on December 16, 2009, 02:05:32 PM
Wasn't expecting to see Killian Lynch on it,anyone see him play much this year?Must've improved and bulked up a lot from last time i seen him play.

Isn't too hard to work that one out now.