Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on December 01, 2009, 12:50:44 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on December 01, 2009, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: cookstownblue on December 01, 2009, 09:35:53 AM
Hard luck Lavey, your hard hitting tactics nearly worked, although i think the ref destroyed what could have been a great game!
Thank Cookstownblue.

Hopefully Mr Hyland will instill this into the U21s.  I hear Mr Farrelly is going to Lavey next year.  Don't think we'll make the final next year!

I wouldn't think of Lavey as a hard-hitting team.Bar maybe 3 or 4 lads,they would be a very small and young team. I wasn't at the game but I heard that Mulligan getting MOTM was a joke?? Maybe Cookstown Blue could give an honest opinion? I heard Darren Smith had done very well on him.

they were quite hard-hitting at the weekend,they mightn't be big lads but their not one bit afraid to get stuck in.mulligan was on fire for 10 mins max,and i think most of that time smith was off with an injury.wasnt great for the rest of the game.smith done well on him alright.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Swadman

Re the Ref: I know Martin and always found him to be fair and even-handed in reffing games. Yes, there are some ref's of a poor standard but I'm sure that can be said in a lot of counties. Consistency seems to be the problem in Cavan. The ref's and the teams must get together and decide what is acceptable and more importantly what is not acceptable in games. Whether he is right or wrong the ref has to have the last word and any verbal or physical abuse should and will be punished.  I am always impressed by the attitude of rugby players. None but the captain can talk to the ref.  Did you see the South Africans in croker last week? If it were any other sport I wouldnt like to tell  "The Beast" that he was a bold boy and I was going to give him a yellow card.   It is such a hard hitting, physical game and yet there is not a peep out of them to the ref, no mater how good or bad he is. 

boojangles

Quote from: Swadman on December 01, 2009, 08:52:35 PM
Re the Ref: I know Martin and always found him to be fair and even-handed in reffing games. Yes, there are some ref's of a poor standard but I'm sure that can be said in a lot of counties. Consistency seems to be the problem in Cavan. The ref's and the teams must get together and decide what is acceptable and more importantly what is not acceptable in games. Whether he is right or wrong the ref has to have the last word and any verbal or physical abuse should and will be punished.  I am always impressed by the attitude of rugby players. None but the captain can talk to the ref.  Did you see the South Africans in croker last week? If it were any other sport I wouldnt like to tell  "The Beast" that he was a bold boy and I was going to give him a yellow card.   It is such a hard hitting, physical game and yet there is not a peep out of them to the ref, no mater how good or bad he is.

Just heard earlier-the perpetrator in this instance got 96 weeks,another person got 48 weeks and a player got 26 weeks. Laragh club fined 5000.

Celt_Man

Huge bans and fine proposed for Cavan club
02 December 2009

The Competitions Control Committee of the Cavan county board have proposed 168 weeks in suspensions and a record fine as punishment for one of their clubs following alleged incidents during and after last Saturday's Under Division Two semi-final in Bawnboy.

According to this week's Anglo-Celt newspaper, match referee Martin Sexton (Cavan Gaels) is alleged to have been verbally abused throughout and after Laragh's meeting with Ballyhaise at St Aidan's Park, which Laragh lost by 3-10 to 1-10, and pushed to the ground after a melee had broke out a minute from the full-time whistle.

One official from the Laragh club has been handed a proposed 96-week ban from the CCC, while a supporter was hit with a 48-week suspension and a player 24 weeks. A 5,000 euro fine has also been proposed, the highest ever proposed by the Cavan county board.

Sexton submitted his match report detailing the alleged incidents to the CCC at a scheduled meeting on Monday night and the Laragh club were said to be notified last night (Tuesday) of the disciplinary body's proposed punishments and will have until this Friday to accept or appeal the decision.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=121169
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Proper f**king order too. We give out about the yob culture in soccer and some of the shite that is thrown at amateur refs is a disgrace. And these are under-age games where the players should be learning the game and this is the shite they're watching.
The other side of the coin of course as Dougal mentioned is the attitude of some refs. Some refs will tell you outright for their dislike of a club. Martin Sexton is a big Gaels man living in Killygarry and there's no love lost between him and the locals or so I'm told. And then there's Ollie Reilly. I hope the man you're talking about Boojangles gets in if he sorts this out.

Celt_Man

Any man have an idea what the hell is going on with Division one at the minute?  I see there are games scheduled for next Wednesday and then next weekend???!!!  Some mess having started in February!!

BallyhaiseMan

An absolute joke is what it is C_M,
playing football in December after starting in February when the county team have been out since early July.
Final is set for 13th December,so semi's are midweek.
Having players driving down and back from Dublin/Galway etc on icey roads in December isnt the best idea.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 04, 2009, 02:57:12 PM
playing football in December after starting in February when the county team have been out since early July.Final is set for 13th December,so semi's are midweek.
Having players driving down and back from Dublin/Galway etc on icey roads in December isnt the best idea.
Aye imagine if we had a county team who won more than one game in the championship we would still be playing this year's leagues next spring!!

Think I'll make my way over to the Under 21 final at the weekend, hopefully they will get good weather and a decent pitch because it has the potential for a great game of football.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 04, 2009, 03:21:37 PM
playing football in December after starting in February when the county team have been out since early July.Final is set for 13th December,so semi's are midweek.
Aye imagine if we had a county team who won more than one game in the championship we would still be playing this year's leagues next spring!!

Think I'll make my way over to the Under 21 final at the weekend, hopefully they will get good weather and a decent pitch because it has the potential for a great game of football.
hopefully the Drumgoon/Baileborough game goes ahead this week,or it might be put back until the new year.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 04, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on December 04, 2009, 03:21:37 PM

hopefully the Drumgoon/Baileborough game goes ahead this week,or it might be put back until the new year.
Indeed that would be a disaster for both teams involved...

On another note, any of ye heading to the Fight Night next Friday in the Imperial???  Did anyone hear any of the match ups yet?

put-it-up

Fixtures are an absolute joke.

The county u21's started back up recently and because the fixtures are so dis-organised and just an all round shambles it means that little or none of the players got any break what so ever.

Considering most of them were on the panel last year as well it means some haven't got a break at all in the guts of two years.

I mean, surely its not that hard to make sure all competitions are over by Nov, which gives everyone a month off at least and then the county teams can get up and running in December, while the club lads get an extra month off to chill the beans.

And with regards to holidays can we not all just agree on a two-week break on a certain date in the summer that lets anyone that wants to go on holidays do so - without missing a game or having to reschedule his flights!!

Doubt that will happen though, sure that makes sense ;D

Celt_Man

Anyone hear anything about the Under 21 semi final today? Did it go ahead?

put-it-up

yeah it went ahead, Bailiebrough won by 3-03 to 0-4 to set up a final with Ballyhaise.

Awful time of year to have young lads playing ball. Not helping the standard of football or the participation levels. Why is it not played before the senior championships commence? It all be done and dusted in 4-5 weeks if ran well in April or so.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on December 05, 2009, 06:11:42 PM
yeah it went ahead, Bailiebrough won by 3-03 to 0-4 to set up a final with Ballyhaise.

Awful time of year to have young lads playing ball. Not helping the standard of football or the participation levels. Why is it not played before the senior championships commence? It all be done and dusted in 4-5 weeks if ran well in April or so.

My own club have a motion in for convention to change the time of the U-21 Championship.Any of yous with a voice in the club might get on to your Reps to try and get some backing for it. It only makes sense in my eyes and anybody I talk to seems to agree.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on December 05, 2009, 06:46:05 PM

My own club have a motion in for convention to change the time of the U-21 Championship.Any of yous with a voice in the club might get on to your Reps to try and get some backing for it. It only makes sense in my eyes and anybody I talk to seems to agree.

I agree to changing the time of it in principle Boojangles.  Any suggestions to when?

Good to see a local team doing well :D :D

Could be a decent enough final - again weather permitting