Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimjim

Best of luck to Lavey the weekend. Would be good to see some title coming back to Cavan.

Homer

All the best to Lavey. Won't be able to make it but hopefully they can do the job.

Dougal

i see eoin mcguigan from belturbet got called up to the cavan panel.anyone hear of any others?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Lavey beaten by two and had a man sent off in early second half. Killann Gaels beaten by 9.

Thats all our teams done and dusted for the year!

Hard luck anyway they Lavey, they are a good hard workin bunch of lads.

Dougal

lavey lost by 3 and fergal smith was sent off mid to late 1st half.

BigMac

Any truth in the rumour that the referee was hit in the Ballyhaise Laragh under 21 game? Who won this game?

boojangles

Quote from: BigMac on November 30, 2009, 11:22:54 AM
Any truth in the rumour that the referee was hit in the Ballyhaise Laragh under 21 game? Who won this game?

Yes. Martin Sexton was referee. Ballyhaise won by 6.

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on November 30, 2009, 02:43:03 PM

i dont agree with it,but it was only a matter of time before someone did it.

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on November 30, 2009, 06:15:59 PM
Quote from: boojangles on November 30, 2009, 02:43:03 PM

i dont agree with it,but it was only a matter of time before someone did it.

Only a matter of time before its on the back page of the Daily Star too Id imagine.These type of incidents are far too common in Cavan off late.This is the fourth assault on an official in the last 2 years by someone connected to a Cavan club.
The perpetrator will definitely pay for this.

Dougal

who do you feel is to blame,personally i think there are alot of biased refs in the county,and plenty that just arent up to standard,but i often wonder would there be as much trouble in other counties if these refs were reffing there?

imtommygunn

Happens in a lot of places unfortunately...

Look at the galway county final face and sure in derry a ref got put in the boot of the car. I know of a boy in antrim, a few years ago now, who pulled the hurl round a ref.

No matter what a ref does he doesn't deserve that.

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on November 30, 2009, 10:06:37 PM
who do you feel is to blame,personally i think there are alot of biased refs in the county,and plenty that just arent up to standard,but i often wonder would there be as much trouble in other counties if these refs were reffing there?

The standard of refereeing is terrible in Cavan but the other side to it is the culture that is allowed in the GAA whereby referees are abused both verbally and physically by players,supporters and management. We could learn so much from Rugby in this regard but it would take years to change the mindset. Only a handful of referees command respect in Cavan and that also has to change.There needs to be more monitoring of standards and individual performance. I see that one of the candidates for the County Chair has made this a priority if he gets in.

cookstownblue

Hard luck Lavey, your hard hitting tactics nearly worked, although i think the ref destroyed what could have been a great game!

Denn Forever

Quote from: cookstownblue on December 01, 2009, 09:35:53 AM
Hard luck Lavey, your hard hitting tactics nearly worked, although i think the ref destroyed what could have been a great game!
Thank Cookstownblue.

Hopefully Mr Hyland will instill this into the U21s.  I hear Mr Farrelly is going to Lavey next year.  Don't think we'll make the final next year!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 01, 2009, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: cookstownblue on December 01, 2009, 09:35:53 AM
Thank Cookstownblue.

Hopefully Mr Hyland will instill this into the U21s.  I hear Mr Farrelly is going to Lavey next year.  Don't think we'll make the final next year!

I wouldn't think of Lavey as a hard-hitting team.Bar maybe 3 or 4 lads,they would be a very small and young team. I wasn't at the game but I heard that Mulligan getting MOTM was a joke?? Maybe Cookstown Blue could give an honest opinion? I heard Darren Smith had done very well on him.