Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: beer baron on November 13, 2009, 12:01:19 PM
Loving the picture Ballyhaiseman.It's one crazy woman.
i think shes lovely and just misunderstood baron  ;D

Denn Forever

Are you doing any work today BHman?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 13, 2009, 03:30:43 PM

I did some from about 10-1 DF  :D
my work the rest of the time has been checking out maxim.com.

jimjim

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 11, 2009, 05:49:45 PM
Thanks Celt Man, havent gotten on this week much due to work.
Jimjim im not eligable to play Friday Night im afraid,il be there though, you're hardly a Lacken man now are you?  ;)
Stars for us on Sunday in Division Two semi,
we will be up against it,but sure we will give it a go.

Sorry BHM, not a lacken man, just call me a neutral. Get to see a lot of games and bit of everyone.
Love the change of profile pic but hard to beat the last one, good to see a new face tho.
Are ye confident for the weekends games? Why is ur U21's not playing this weekend??

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 13, 2009, 03:36:57 PM

Can't believe you even had time to post on this thread... get back over there to General Discussion and dig out another few classics
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: jimjim on November 13, 2009, 05:01:43 PM
Jimjim im not eligable to play Friday Night im afraid,il be there though, you're hardly a Lacken man now are you?  ;)

Sorry BHM, not a lacken man, just call me a neutral. Get to see a lot of games and bit of everyone.
Love the change of profile pic but hard to beat the last one, good to see a new face tho.
Are ye confident for the weekends games? Why is ur U21's not playing this weekend??

Elizabeth lambert,hot and tough,they way i like them  8)
Juniors tonight have a good chance, as they were the better team for most of the game the last day,but juniors is horrid unpredictable,that Lacken team is very good junior team,and they will be much better this time round.
Seniors Sunday,we are up against it,Its a good intermediate team(which i reckon we are) against a good senior team Kingscourt.
we drew with them up in kingscourt 0-6 each,with a gale force wind rendering the game a farce.
They have some terrific footballers in Gunn,McKeown,Gargan,McCabe,Clarke.They would have to be favourites,but the poor November weather will probably leave it a close low scoring affair.
Under 21 is cancelled,we are playing Cornafean away next sunday i think.
Good decision,as it would have left some of our players,Mark Brennan,Shane Briody etc,playing 3 games in 3 days.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 13, 2009, 05:16:47 PM

Can't believe you even had time to post on this thread... get back over there to General Discussion and dig out another few classics
i love those threads,you find yourself checking it every few minutes  ;D

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 13, 2009, 05:34:15 PM

Juniors tonight have a good chance, as they were the better team for most of the game the last day,but juniors is horrid unpredictable,that Lacken team is very good junior team,and they will be much better this time round.
Seniors Sunday,we are up against it,Its a good intermediate team(which i reckon we are) against a good senior team Kingscourt.
we drew with them up in kingscourt 0-6 each,with a gale force wind rendering the game a farce.
They have some terrific footballers in Gunn,McKeown,Gargan,McCabe,Clarke.They would have to be favourites,but the poor November weather will probably leave it a close low scoring affair.
Good decision,as it would have left some of our players,Mark Brennan,Shane Briody etc,playing 3 games in 3 days.

Thank you very much County Board....  that many games in one weekend in November - imagine what would happen if Cavan ever went on a half decent run in the championship in the summer, I shudder to think

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on November 13, 2009, 05:59:59 PM

Thank you very much County Board....  that many games in one weekend in November - imagine what would happen if Cavan ever went on a half decent run in the championship in the summer, I shudder to think

yep 2 games in 3 days now for a few of the lads,which is still very tough at this stage of the season when fitness wouldnt be at its highest.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 13, 2009, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 13, 2009, 05:59:59 PM

yep 2 games in 3 days now for a few of the lads,which is still very tough at this stage of the season when fitness wouldnt be at its highest.
Who are ya telling? Sure you saw us at the weekend!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 13, 2009, 05:58:49 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on November 13, 2009, 05:16:47 PM

i love those threads,you find yourself checking it every few minutes  ;D

Yea there is a real danger that I mightn't have the time to check this thread - such will be my devotion to that other one!!

BallyhaiseMan

Lacken beat Ballyhaise after extra time in Division five final replay.
some good football served up in bitterly cold and windy conditions.

put-it-up

I hear a few of our 97 batch are getting involved with teams this year.

Forde and Ronan Carolan are in as selectors with the u21's along with Hyland and I think Jayo is in with the minors with Mickey along with Peter Donnelly.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on November 14, 2009, 01:48:04 PM
I hear a few of our 97 batch are getting involved with teams this year.

Forde and Ronan Carolan are in as selectors with the u21's along with Hyland and I think Jayo is in with the minors with Mickey along with Peter Donnelly.

I think its Forde and Peter Donnelly with the Minors Put-it-Up. Hadnt heard anything about Jayo. While I have great time for Ronan Carolan who is a great players man, I really don't know about this age old practice of throwing former county players into jobs. I would like to know what experience Anthony Forde has managing and coaching teams. Mickey Graham came the right road and won things, I think all ex-players should serve their time coaching with their clubs,doing courses etc before they are considered for County teams. Whats wrong with looking at clubs for selectors for our U-16 and Minor teams?