Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Dougal

Quote from: beer baron on November 01, 2009, 12:08:47 PM
Ah bejaysus Dougal welcome.

yup,im back,and they cant mod my posts so il not lose my temper this time.
Quote from: beer baron on November 01, 2009, 10:33:08 AM
Hannon did win alright but the weird thing is he's not even the fastest on their team,It's not the bould roper either!

so who is the fastest?hes fairly fast though,but 2 of our players were well fit to keep up with him yday.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

beer baron

Eddie Gaffney by a country mile,dunno if he was playing yesterday he's carrying few injuries,skinny lad blondish hair.Absolute Lightning.

Dougal

ye he was playing,didnt notice him though.the bould lennon was togged out aswell.

beer baron

He wasn't a happy camper that he didn't get playing,with some of the players that  were on.He's fond of falling out with the management.

Celt_Man

Anyone hear how Lavey or the Bridge got on?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

Quote from: REDCOL on November 01, 2009, 04:35:01 PM
Lavey won by 2. Bridge match cancelled

who do lavey meet in the next round?

beer baron

Fanad Gaels,Donegal champions.

Denn Forever

Well done Lavey.  Brewster Park for that game?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whats my name

who played well for lavey. great to see at least 1 of our teams doing something in ulster.

jonb_cúl

just trying to work out the standings of the d1 league table now, if my calculations are right then it was a mixed day for lavey yesterday so!!!
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

boojangles

Quote from: jonb_cúl on November 02, 2009, 01:22:38 PM
just trying to work out the standings of the d1 league table now, if my calculations are right then it was a mixed day for lavey yesterday so!!!

I take it that Cuchulainns won?? Could be messy

jonb_cúl

yea they beat ballinagh i think, so that's lavey on 9points and cu cu's on 10points. on the top then cavan Gaels bt lacken, so thats Gaels straight into the league final as gowna are suppended. so its c'haran/ b'bet vrs cavan Gaels. the semi is on this Friday in the breffni park, with jayo having got married at the weekend i doubt he'll be around!!!
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

BigMac

Yes a very bitter sweet weekend for Lavey. Will they appeal that relegation. It does seem a bit unfair as im sure Gowna would have beaten cucuhullains. Its good to see a Cavan team winning a game in ulster, lets hope the Bridge can do the same this weekend. I just read the report of the Lavey game in the celt, good to see all their forwards scoring. Is it just a lucky win or can they go on and win ulster do ye think?
On another note, I would definitely like to see Kieth Fannin being deployed in the forward line for Cavan. He has being playin there for the last few years for drumgoon and any time ive seen he was very good. He is also a good 45 taker and is very fit. I think hes been harshly treated in the county in the last two years.
I think the under 21 championsip this weekend. Its a disgrace how late this is being left to. Its one of the best competitions in the county always tightly contested, and never really being dominated by one team and has the best of our futute county stars on show, and they get november, december and im sure even january football. County board needs to take a hard look at themselves. This year I do think it will be the gaels turn to deliver on the promise they've shown at minor over the last few years. From 1998 to 2008 they won 10 out of 11 minor championships but only turned that into 3 under 21 wins.

Dougal

Quote from: BigMac on November 04, 2009, 08:40:53 PM
On another note, I would definitely like to see Kieth Fannin being deployed in the forward line for Cavan. He has being playin there for the last few years for drumgoon and any time ive seen he was very good. He is also a good 45 taker and is very fit. I think hes been harshly treated in the county in the last two years.
I think the under 21 championsip this weekend. Its a disgrace how late this is being left to. Its one of the best competitions in the county always tightly contested, and never really being dominated by one team and has the best of our futute county stars on show, and they get november, december and im sure even january football. County board needs to take a hard look at themselves. This year I do think it will be the gaels turn to deliver on the promise they've shown at minor over the last few years. From 1998 to 2008 they won 10 out of 11 minor championships but only turned that into 3 under 21 wins.

ye,U21 is very important IMO.look at belturbet,prob one of the favourites for U21 this year.a good div2 minor side is all they were 2 or 3 years ago.from the start of minor to the end of U21 are where players improve the most i reckon.there have been fcuk all games on the last few weeks,and it doesnt take that long to run off the U21 champ...final should be this weekend rather than 1st round.