Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Roper is Keith Fanin to only his best buddies. Were you involved today boojangles? You have some serious stewards at that club ;D
I wouldn't know the lads that stepped in but I thought Killian Reilly should've been marked on to Fanin early as he's a good marker.

Dougal

sorry,ive just always known him to be called roper.ye cilliian should of been marking him the whole game,dont know why he wasnt,he would of kept him a bit quieter.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 31, 2009, 07:03:52 PM
Roper is Keith Fanin to only his best buddies. Were you involved today boojangles? You have some serious stewards at that club ;D
I wouldn't know the lads that stepped in but I thought Killian Reilly should've been marked on to Fanin early as he's a good marker.

Wasnt involved Larry,more than enough men about I was informed. I was away playing a foreign sport.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal on October 31, 2009, 07:10:57 PM
sorry,ive just always known him to be called roper.ye cilliian should of been marking him the whole game,dont know why he wasnt,he would of kept him a bit quieter.

From my limited viewing of the leaguers this year have to say some of the decisions from the line have been odd to say the least, but I suppose they got the promotion so I can't complain too much.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Are you playing with Cavan United Boojangles? Yeah men telling lads to tighten up their parking at 2:45 and the game about to start and any amount of space to park. Still if it was the other way around we'd be complaining.
Junior McKiernan was making most of the calls from the stand Myles regardless of what the actual manager wanted done.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 31, 2009, 07:17:24 PM
Are you playing with Cavan United Boojangles? Yeah men telling lads to tighten up their parking at 2:45 and the game about to start and any amount of space to park. Still if it was the other way around we'd be complaining.
Junior McKiernan was making most of the calls from the stand Myles regardless of what the actual manager wanted done.

I could guess who was on Parking duty,although it can b a nightmare up there if there is a big crowd.
No wasnt playing for Cavan United. Its my first year playing soccer competitively,I suppose I wouldn't wanna be relying on the Gaelic to keep me fit anyway.Its only a bit of crack really,a nice change from tearing my hair out and losing sleep with Drumalee ;)
How was Michael Hannon looking for the Goonies? Is he back in with Cavan this year?

Lawrence of Knockbride

He caused a lot of damage going forward in the first half. Dunno if he's back but I'd assume so. He beat a greyhound in a race in Dundalk recently I'm told.

mylestheslasher

There will always be lads in the crowd roaring but it is the management teams job to make sure players are doing what they say and not someone in the crowd. Junior has a lot of good points he puts a lot of time and effort into the club. I did enjoy my time training under him and he always sent me on the field with fire in the belly. However, I would disagree with his turning a blind eye to mindless violence (some would say he encourages it) on the pitch. For me aggression needs to be channel into the tackle and off the ball boxing is counter productive.

Dougal

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 31, 2009, 08:26:00 PM

There will always be lads in the crowd roaring but it is the management teams job to make sure players are doing what they say and not someone in the crowd. Junior has a lot of good points he puts a lot of time and effort into the club. I did enjoy my time training under him and he always sent me on the field with fire in the belly. However, I would disagree with his turning a blind eye to mindless violence (some would say he encourages it) on the pitch. For me aggression needs to be channel into the tackle and off the ball boxing is counter productive.

id say its junior that has declan the way he is.he knows his stuff but probably quite a bad influence.

hannon caused us a good bit of trouble alright,was good going forward.heard that about the greyhound aswell,but i think there was some catch to it,like he had a running start.still,fair play,im sure it isnt that easy to beat one whatever way you go about doing it.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Dougal on October 31, 2009, 08:34:56 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 31, 2009, 08:26:00 PM

id say its junior that has declan the way he is.he knows his stuff but probably quite a bad influence.

hannon caused us a good bit of trouble alright,was good going forward.heard that about the greyhound aswell,but i think there was some catch to it,like he had a running start.still,fair play,im sure it isnt that easy to beat one whatever way you go about doing it.

Aye, like they didn't use the electric hare :D No chance he'd beat a greyhound in a straight run.

beer baron

Hannon did win alright but the weird thing is he's not even the fastest on their team,It's not the bould roper either!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: beer baron on November 01, 2009, 10:33:08 AM
Hannon did win alright but the weird thing is he's not even the fastest on their team,It's not the bould roper either!

Listen, i'll do the maths for ye.

A greyhound will run a 520 yard race in less than 30 seconds. But lets say he is a slow dog and does it in 30s dead.
Thats 475 meters in 30s
Divide by 475 and multiply by 100 gives a 100m time of 6.3s

Now Usain Bolts world record for 100m is 9.78s.

I suggest Michael Hannon takes up sprinting if he can do it in 6.3s - Imagine what Mackey could do it in!

Presumably Hannon had a half lap head start?

beer baron

Course he had a headstart but not half a lap.still serious going.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: beer baron on November 01, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
Course he had a headstart but not half a lap.still serious going.

I'd say it had to be half a lap. Greyhound track is about 650 meters long. I'd guess Hannon would be going half the speed of a dog so he'd need that.

beer baron

............I wouldn't be sticking my last tenner on the dog in a race anyway!