Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Them semi-finals are a waste of time, whoever tops the league should get the cup.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Well I would've thought the same but having spoken to a few involved they feel like they might as well go for the trophy with only two games left. Intersting to hear whaty Celt Man and Ballyhaise Man think.

Aaron

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 27, 2009, 08:44:44 PM
Well I would've thought the same but having spoken to a few involved they feel like they might as well go for the trophy with only two games left. Intersting to hear whaty Celt Man and Ballyhaise Man think.

Yeah they may as well try and win the trophy now.

CC1

Well lads, does anyone know what the situation is with relegation from Division 2? Cavan Gaels are level on points with Shercock after Shercock's win at Drung this weekend. Gaels B team are suspended from playing any games for another while yet. Will there be a playoff or is that Cavan Gaels relegated?
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

boojangles

Quote from: CC1 on October 28, 2009, 09:22:11 AM
Well lads, does anyone know what the situation is with relegation from Division 2? Cavan Gaels are level on points with Shercock after Shercock's win at Drung this weekend. Gaels B team are suspended from playing any games for another while yet. Will there be a playoff or is that Cavan Gaels relegated?

Was asking the same question myself last night.It seems a right mess. Also the situation in Division 1. If Cucus beat Ballinagh at the wkend then Lavey are relegated.Surely this situation should have been avoided with Lavey and CuCus playing their final games at the same time.

RacingPost09

Phil Smith has officially retired as Cavan County Board Chairman.

boojangles

Quote from: RacingPost09 on October 28, 2009, 10:55:52 AM

From when?? Was his term up at the end of this year?

jonb_cúl

Quote from: RacingPost09 on October 28, 2009, 10:55:52 AM

Christ, I was sure he had 1 year left of his 3 year term!!! Maybe our county secretory will take the same route & allow some new fresh blood into these roles & allow everything in this county to move forward.

I see there is one semi final spot down for Friday night week in breffni, what is the story with Cavan Gaels and who will they be playing!! So much for having all round 13 games played on the same date, time etc. Just like every year there is a big push to get the ACFL started around March/April then come October/November the CB decide to rub their arses to it, bloody disgrace if you ask me >:(
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

Blue06

Was asking the same question myself last night.It seems a right mess. Also the situation in Division 1. If Cucus beat Ballinagh at the wkend then Lavey are relegated.Surely this situation should have been avoided with Lavey and CuCus playing their final games at the same time.

It will get messier than that boojangles if Cucus beat Ballinagh(as they probably will).

This will mean Lavey relegated, but Crosserlough will have stayed up by getting 2 points out of their tie with Gowna that wasn't played because Gowna are suspended.

Lavey should rightly appeal this.

Whats the chances of the CB scrapping relegation from Div 1 this year (similiar to the Intermediate Relegation fiasco with Killenkere last year) to appease everyone.?

They have already set a precedent last year to cleaning up their mess.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Blue06 on October 28, 2009, 03:15:08 PM

It will get messier than that boojangles if Cucus beat Ballinagh(as they probably will).

This will mean Lavey relegated, but Crosserlough will have stayed up by getting 2 points out of their tie with Gowna that wasn't played because Gowna are suspended.

Whats the chances of the CB scrapping relegation from Div 1 this year (similiar to the Intermediate Relegation fiasco with Killenkere last year) to appease everyone.?

Uhhh??  What happened last year with Killinkere?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 28, 2009, 04:49:51 PM

Killinkere,Swad,Laragh and Drumalee were involved in the Relegation play-offs last year from the Intermediate Championship as none of them clubs had won a game but Killinkere maintained that they shouldn't hav to play in the relegation due to some loop hole that the CB had left open.Can't rightly remember what exactly now but they appealed it and the Relegation play-offs were held up for 7 or 8 weeks.Killinkere ended up winning the appeal.
I think thats why there is no relegation from Intermediate this or next year to have an even number of clubs in the Championship and no 3 team groups,which was the whole problem initially I think.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on October 28, 2009, 07:08:54 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on October 28, 2009, 04:49:51 PM

Killinkere,Swad,Laragh and Drumalee were involved in the Relegation play-offs last year from the Intermediate Championship as none of them clubs had won a game but Killinkere maintained that they shouldn't hav to play in the relegation due to some loop hole that the CB had left open.Can't rightly remember what exactly now but they appealed it and the Relegation play-offs were held up for 7 or 8 weeks.Killinkere ended up winning the appeal.
I think thats why there is no relegation from Intermediate this or next year to have an even number of clubs in the Championship and no 3 team groups,which was the whole problem initially I think.

Aha yes, remember that whole mess last year now.  Yea I believe that is the thinking behind no relegation this year and next, they want to have 16 teams in the Intermediate Championship by 2011.  I thought that the same was happening in the senior championship (no relegation for 2 years and then 16 teams by 2011) but obviously not.  They obviously want 14 clubs and then 2 amalgamations - which make a c**t of the whole thing but sure...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

whats my name

the seniors where playing 2night anyone hear how they got on they were playing monaghan i think!

Dougal

they lost,not sure of the score,galligan from killygary in goals 1st half,2nd half andrew "taz" smith fom cornafean in goals,cunningham from swad fullback,barry mcmenamin from kill corner back.thats what ive heard so far.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

I haven't seen that Taz lad play since he was a minor and he played wing-forward. I wouldn't have thought he was up to it?
I don't know much about the others.