Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Fermanagh in the Q-Final,I believe we are also at home?? Could be worse.

Dougal

its at home?not so bad,were probably ranked as the two worst teams in ulster so dont think we could of hoped for much better.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

jonb_cúl

Not a bad draw at all. I didn't get to see the draw live, who will we meet if we get past Fermanagh if we can manage a win in the QF.

i don't know if the regional games are going ahead this year.

I know for a FACT that Mark McKeever has already got a phone call from TC to join the panel for training!!
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

mylestheslasher

Lucky draw for us a home Qtr final with Fermanagh. Problem is they will think its a good draw too!

The winner will play Derry/Armagh or Monaghan in the semi.

beer baron

I would've loved to get tyrone

boojangles

Quote from: jonb_cúl on October 22, 2009, 10:12:07 PM
Not a bad draw at all. I didn't get to see the draw live, who will we meet if we get past Fermanagh if we can manage a win in the QF.

i don't know if the regional games are going ahead this year.

I know for a FACT that Mark McKeever has already got a phone call from TC to join the panel for training!!

Heard McKeever is back alright.Hopefully he is raring to go and ready to prove a point.
Doesnt look like the regional games are going ahead. TC must have abandoned his earlier plans. ::)

mylestheslasher

This is what annoys me about Carr. Didn't he make a statement on the radio when questioned about his never attending club games saying he didn't need to as clubs would send their best players to regional games and here we are now and the games are abandoned. It does not augur well imo.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 22, 2009, 11:09:12 PM
This is what annoys me about Carr. Didn't he make a statement on the radio when questioned about his never attending club games saying he didn't need to as clubs would send their best players to regional games and here we are now and the games are abandoned. It does not augur well imo.

Its hard to know what direction they are taking. One of the selectors was informed last year about a former Cavan player who had transferred to Meath(not too hard to figure out) and how he was still very keen to play in the Regional games and if good enough would love another shot with Cavan.The selectors reply was they were going for younger players.Fair enough. Until you see players of the same age being brought back in last year and even this year I hear a certain player who must be 30 has been called back in.
Ironically the Meath man went on to be the top scorer in the Meath Senior Championship after Cian Ward scoring something like 5-32 in the Championship.  Whats the bets TC hasnt even looked at him ::)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on October 22, 2009, 11:53:40 PM

Its hard to know what direction they are taking. One of the selectors was informed last year about a former Cavan player who had transferred to Meath(not too hard to figure out) and how he was still very keen to play in the Regional games and if good enough would love another shot with Cavan.The selectors reply was they were going for younger players.Fair enough. Until you see players of the same age being brought back in last year and even this year I hear a certain player who must be 30 has been called back in.
Ironically the Meath man went on to be the top scorer in the Meath Senior Championship after Cian Ward scoring something like 5-32 in the Championship.  Whats the bets TC hasnt even looked at him ::)

Same player has been very harshly treated over the years, its a wonder he has any interesy in playing for them. I thought he was a good player and I believe he is now lining out at FF down in Meath. But I suppose we have a huge amount of talented FF's so we don't need him!

put-it-up

Fermanagh at home...not to bad, i think we all would have taken that.

Seniors and minor management teams I am sure are relatively pleased.

Any other goss with regards to the senior panel?

Was the under 21 draw made?

whats my name

word on the street has it gareth smith (oliver plunketts) is coming down to train with cavan this weekend seemingly hes goin to play with us this year

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2009, 08:08:19 AM

Same player has been very harshly treated over the years, its a wonder he has any interesy in playing for them. I thought he was a good player and I believe he is now lining out at FF down in Meath. But I suppose we have a huge amount of talented FF's so we don't need him!

Ye we are brimming with talent as rite.Ye he is playing FF,He was called into the Meath panel 2 weeks before the AI Semi-Final but was injured.Good enough for Meath but obviously not the mighty Cavan.

Who's Gareth Smith??

whats my name

gareth ''nesty'' smith he's oliver plunketts captain he's probly one of the top forwards in dublin senior championship

JMohan

It looks like (and sounds like) they are looking long term at this bringing in younger squad members and building for the future primarily along with a few older heads.
Looks like there has been a hell of a clear out too of players.

Which is both ironic and brave of TC - he's had a 'rocky' year and and now he's looking to build to the future - so either the CB have given him assurances he'll be there for longer than one more year or he's just foolish - he needs a good year or it'll be his last. 

Will be interesting to see what is done between now and the League this year as if there is no progress made and the League goes poorly I'd not expect much come championship time.

There's no doubt though some serious work needs to be done as against Antrim last year midfield was non-existent and there was no physical presence there a lot of the time and movement was poor I thought.

Anyone have an idea who's on the training panel etc?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: JMohan on October 24, 2009, 09:11:47 AM

It looks like (and sounds like) they are looking long term at this bringing in younger squad members and building for the future primarily along with a few older heads.
Looks like there has been a hell of a clear out too of players.

Which is both ironic and brave of TC - he's had a 'rocky' year and and now he's looking to build to the future - so either the CB have given him assurances he'll be there for longer than one more year or he's just foolish - he needs a good year or it'll be his last. 

Will be interesting to see what is done between now and the League this year as if there is no progress made and the League goes poorly I'd not expect much come championship time.

There's no doubt though some serious work needs to be done as against Antrim last year midfield was non-existent and there was no physical presence there a lot of the time and movement was poor I thought.

Anyone have an idea who's on the training panel etc?

See i am not so sure of this approach. He has asked serial offender Mark mcKeever back in and yet he is willing to exclude other possibly more dedicated players based on age? You either start with a clean slate for everyone or not at all.