Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 28, 2009, 05:14:58 PM
Disagree with you about Joey Jordan being worth a call up boojangles,
Kevin Tierney destroyed him in the first half in the quarter final,He would be found out at IC level against real pace.
Stephen Jordan is well worth a shot at wing back or wing forward, as is Darren Smith at corner or full back.
Karl Duke is going to be a good one even if he didnt play aswell as ive seen him play yesterday(i think he could be still minor next year)
Stephen Tierney is a class act,who should be on the county under 21's next year IMO.
Kevin Brady is a very talented player but he has no consistency whatsoever
What do you think of Darren Jordan, Boojangles?worth a shot in McKenna Cup aswell?

Commiserations to Celt Man and Cootehill,but Celt Man just look at it this way,i know you're hurting and either drunk or hungover about now(know the feeling from last year :P),but,Lavey,Drumalee,Ballinagh all lost intermediate finals before they won one,
It was a good learning experience for an ever improving young team,who will be there or thereabouts next year again.

Lavey have some great talent coming through alright.Their Minors beat Drumalees last week in the Div.2 Semi. Karl Duke and Chris Conroy are Minor again next year.
Shane Tierney has definitely been the find of the year.He came off the bench in the play-off against ourselves to score 1-2,he scored a goal against yourselves BHMan and got a great goal yesterday.He has serious pace and can turn on a six pence.He has a lot going for him,he may be a bit greedy for my liking but he is definitely a fine prospect.
Darren Jordan looked very impressive in earlier rounds at Full-Forward,especially against Killeshandra and Ballyhaise but since then Hyland played him in a roving role. Having marked the lad,he is very small and would have to build himself up a lot but if he is Under 21 then he is worth a chance on that panel.
Kevin Brady if given space is a fine footballer.he looks the part but we have enough boys in Cavan who look the part IMO.He blows hot and cold too often.
Cootehill can come back stronger,but next year is a vital year for them.I was dissapointed in the way Cootehills so-called main men didnt perform at all. Space Rabbit has a point about their age profile while some of the younger lads BHMan named may not be up to it yet.
Lawrence up until last year I would have agreed with you about the talent in Cavan.I always felt we had the players that we could make the same kind of breakthrough as Monaghan or Wexford etc. But having watched quite alot of football and seen alot of our so-called main County men in action this summer,along with some of the potential footballers coming through it is very hard to be optimistic. Eoin Smith is the only potential Full-Back we have.Forget about Rabbitte. One of our midfielders has been operating at Full-Forward and his displays there wouldn't fill you with much hope.The displays of our other Midfielder were not much better either in any game I seen him.
Some former County men who have been off the panel for a while didnt seem to show too much either.

Mr. Pain

Thanks for the times
That youve given me
The memories are all in my mind
And now that weve come
To the end of our rainbow
Theres something
I must say out loud
Youre once, twice
Three times a lady
Yes youre once twice
Three times a lady

Yes, Booj you are three times a lady. Good job in the Junior final too.

Now that a weekend of finals has passed with probably the favourites winning each is there any way there can be a shock this Sunday? The Gaels are going to be hard to beat as usual. However, word is that Sean Reilly may not start and then Denn will probably take control of midfield. This will be interesting but the problem lies with the Gaels half-back line. They have to be stopped. It may sound that the Pain dawg has something against the Gaels. He doesn't. However, it would be nice to see a new winner, even if just to break the monotony. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Swadman

Senan Flanagan was MOTM by a long way. He scored 1-4 (1-3 from play) and set up the second goal
Noel McP had a great game alright.
Michael Cunningham was good for a while but faded out of it.
I'm slowly coming around today but you are spot on. What "football genius" picked Mulvey as MOTM ??? Swad are dissapointed but not despondent. We knew going in that it was a big ask to play a final without our 2 first choice midfielders and when the goalie injured his knee in the last training session.... well, we had no illusions. Fair play to him for getting through the first half (nearly) We were 2 points up near the end of the 1st when he crumpled. I think we were always going to conceed goals as our defence are sive-like as a unit but I was surprised how well our makeshift midfield did against the vaunted Mulvey. Yes he caught a few balls near the end when the game was up.  I'd give the award to McPhillips (14) for his constant running into good positions and being a threat everytime he got ball.
I thought Mickey Lee did well except for no sanction on No7 who clearly headbutted within his view. Especially galling for us as J. Cunningham missed the final after getting red for an "attempted" butt.

Drung

My view of it was that both number sevens rubbed heads and the Swad man literally jumped to the ground theatrically wehn the Bridge man walked away. Should have been a yellow for acting, if such a rule exists.

put-it-up

Space Rabbit, I was on the beer last night with some of my friends and lost my phone and my keys  >:(

space rabbit

Quote from: put-it-up on September 29, 2009, 11:09:39 AM
Space Rabbit, I was on the beer last night with some of my friends and lost my phone and my keys  >:(

What do you want me to do about it  :D

Only advise i can give you is to quit the drink!

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Pain on September 28, 2009, 11:59:56 PM
Thanks for the times
That youve given me
The memories are all in my mind
And now that weve come
To the end of our rainbow
Theres something
I must say out loud
Youre once, twice
Three times a lady
Yes youre once twice
Three times a lady

Another enlightening rendition from our own Prince of Darkness. Randoms not the word. Three Times a Lady from Mr Pain,it just doesn't go does it?  Stick to the Culture Beat I say.

I think Drung has it right about the attempted headbutt in the Junior Final. There must have been a sniper in the stand.

put-it-up

Quote from: space rabbit on September 29, 2009, 11:11:38 AM

Haha, just thought I'd tell you - you seem interested in that stuff!

Yeah advice taken on board... I am off it until Thursday :)

space rabbit

Quote from: put-it-up on September 29, 2009, 11:23:13 AM

Students  ::)

Lawrence of Knockbride

I'd have to agree with Boojangles and Drung on the headbutt incident. I was wondering why John Cunningham wasn't there. Anyway, very gracious in defeat Swadman. But I only remember Mulvey catching one ball.

put-it-up

Quote from: space rabbit on September 29, 2009, 11:47:07 AM

No No, I'm a respectable business man! :)

space rabbit

Quote from: put-it-up on September 29, 2009, 04:32:48 PM
Quote from: space rabbit on September 29, 2009, 11:47:07 AM

No No, I'm a respectable business man! :)

QuoteAbsolutely delighted I stumbled acrosst this thread

If I ever met her in The Imperial in Cavan, god only knows what I would do.

I'd lick mayonaise of her, and I don't even like mayo

Over the last week I have been workin my lectures around Countdown...haha

put-it-up

Are you stalkin me SR? haha

You got me :)

She is nice though, isn't she!

Celt_Man

Ohhh where to start.... it just didn't happen for us on Sunday, without making excuses or taking away from Lavey, there was an awful lot of stage fright with us.  It's very disappointing, playing well the whole way to the final and then not preforming anywhere near how you could.

I thought we, without playing well, were well in the game at 5 all just before that first goal went in.  After that I was afraid we were in trouble.  It was as much in the way the goal went in.... two of our boys colliding on a nothing ball 45m out from goal, ball gets cleared off the line hits our keeper on the back of the leg... 5 boys in the square 4 cootehill defenders and the ball lands to the one lavey man there and he taps it in from point blank range.  When goals like that go in, it's generally not gonna be your day...

Having said all that, it was the second goal which killed us off, we got the first score after the break to bring it back to 2 points but the boy took that goal well and we were done after that. 

Fair play to Lavey though, wouldn't begrudge them the win at all and when you consider they have been missing finbarr jordan and maguire for the last few games it really was an impressive championship performance
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Very gracious Celt Man. Unfortunately there were a number of Celts in the stand who weren't so gracious and were still roaring about the first Lavey goal being a square ball and the one you had disallowed as being a genuine goal.
Ah well, you'll get that.