Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on September 25, 2009, 10:07:17 AM
At this stage the priority in Cavan should be to win either an Ulster Minor Championship or an U-21 Ulster Championship.Everything has been put into the Senior set-up and nothing has come off it.I can see where Tommy Carr is coming from but in this case I think he is wrong.
Ciaran Brady IMO is the best local manager we have in the county and should have been given everything he wanted to make the U-21 team a success. Which would be more important to the overall development of football in Cavan- Promotion in the League or an U-21 Ulster Championship??? I know my answer. And thats why I think Tom Carr is wrong.
There are enough footballers in this county to fill a panel for the National League without using our U-21s.If an U-21 then is showing well enough then he can be brought in to the Senior set-up when the U-21 campaign is over. What U-21 player is that irreplaceable that can't be done without for the first few months of the year??? Keating,Givney???
None IMO.

well said,agree with all of that.

BallyhaiseMan

As for the Hoganstand clowns making hints and quips about Maggie Farrelly's personal life.
Shes a lovely girl and one of the better referees in this county from what ive seen.
As Anglo Celt said,some lads are very tough making comments like these from behind aliases.

space rabbit

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 25, 2009, 05:40:05 PM
As for the Hoganstand clowns making hints and quips about Maggie Farrelly's personal life.
Shes a lovely girl and one of the better referees in this county from what ive seen.
As Anglo Celt said,some lads are very tough making comments like these from behind aliases.

She hasnt enough bottle to do the line in Breffini though.

put-it-up

Them comments about Maggie are abit bould boyos ;D

Disappointed with regards to Brady's decision. To be honest I don't know a lot about him but I just hope the CB don't just leave it in the hands of the senior management now because one person turned it down. A separate team needs a separate manager. And surely there should be no ultimatums. A bit of give and take should be the way to go.

We all want to best for the u21's and seniors. And none of the u21's are a vital part of the senior set-up, although i can understand both managers problems. Nothing that couldn't be solved over a pint though!

Last year's u21's was a kind of half-arsed effort. I accept its a nightmare to organise with colleges and stuff as well as seniors but if the u21's trained once together mid-week and met on weekends from January - and trained with other teams on other nights - would that not suffice?

Some Colleges can be a bit stubborn  and at the end of the day a student cannot afford to lose the assistance of a scholarship.

BigMac

I completely with Ballyhaise Man, for anyone to discuss any aspect of Maggies life other than her refereeing duties and performances as a referee is a disgrace and you should be ashamed of yourselves. She is a sound lassie and also a good ref and it should be left at that.
On another note, hows all in cootehill for the final Celt Man or in Swadlinbar Swad Man?? I dont think ther is another poster here from Lavey or the bridge?? My predictions and wishes are Lavey and Bridge.

jonb_cúl

anyone at the senior relg match this evening between Crosserlough & Ballinagh? any reports? Some local showdown i would be thinking.
As regards to the Maggie comments, those involved should hang their heads in shame.

As for the u21 situation, surely the wise people of our CB would look at the set ups in Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo etc and see what model works for them.
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

put-it-up

She was a draw, think it was 1-10 a piece. So they will have to go at it again!

Glad to hear TC is thinking ahead to next year. This year is a big big year for everyone involved with the team.

Wonder what names he has on his 'players to call' list. And anyone know who is being added to the back-room team?!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up on September 26, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
She was a draw, think it was 1-10 a piece. So they will have to go at it again!

Glad to hear TC is thinking ahead to next year. This year is a big big year for everyone involved with the team.

Wonder what names he has on his 'players to call' list. And anyone know who is being added to the back-room team?!
Not being smart, but isn't that his job. I can't raise myself above the glass being half empty I'm afraid. This bullshit about not attending games as the Development Games is the way to go is bugging me big time.

Swadman

Quote from: space rabbit on September 25, 2009, 06:31:06 PM
As for the hints and quips about Maggie Farrelly's personal life.
Shes a lovely girl and one of the better referees in this county

She hasn't enough bottle to do the line in Breffini though.
I have to agree strongly with BHM. I have watched Maggie ref a few times and she fair and consistant. She definitely has the bottle. In our c/ship game she sent off a C/Gaels midfielder for striking after consulting the linesman and later sent off one of our defenders for a (slightly) high challenge. She referees with a calmness you don't always see and seem to have the respect of all the players. (which cant be said of all our refs) Lets leave it there on the Maggie issue and refrain from snide remarks in future.
"Just the facts, mam"

space rabbit

Quote from: Swadman on September 26, 2009, 10:25:17 AM

I have to agree strongly with BHM. I have watched Maggie ref a few times and she fair and consistant. She definitely has the bottle. In our c/ship game she sent off a C/Gaels midfielder for striking after consulting the linesman and later sent off one of our defenders for a (slightly) high challenge. She referees with a calmness you don't always see and seem to have the respect of all the players. (which cant be said of all our refs) Lets leave it there on the Maggie issue and refrain from snide remarks in future.
"Just the facts, mam"

You obviously did see much of her in the park this year.  Lifting the flag and pointing one way and then the crowd roar and the flag goes the other way. Nothing challenges off the ball and crowd roar again and next thing flag goes up and she is telling tales.

jonb_cúl

Quote from: space rabbit on September 26, 2009, 10:35:50 AM

"Just the facts, mam"

You obviously did see much of her in the park this year.  Lifting the flag and pointing one way and then the crowd roar and the flag goes the other way. Nothing challenges off the ball and crowd roar again and next thing flag goes up and she is telling tales.

I wasn't at the games you mention but if the linesperson raises the flag to communicate with the ref then they're only doing their job as an official, "telling tales" really!!!!
Babs Keating

space rabbit

Quote from: jonb_cúl on September 26, 2009, 10:47:21 AM
Quote from: space rabbit on September 26, 2009, 10:35:50 AM

"Just the facts, mam"

I wasn't at the games you mention but if the linesperson raises the flag to communicate with the ref then they're only doing their job as an official, "telling tales" really!!!!

My point is that it was a nothing incident, just one player lying down to get another booked/Sent off.

jonb_cúl

Fair enough Space Rabbit point taken, but with regards to the matches I have seen her ref I honestly think there is alot worst out there "trying" to ref!!!
Babs Keating

space rabbit

Quote from: jonb_cúl on September 26, 2009, 10:57:04 AM
Fair enough Space Rabbit point taken, but with regards to the matches I have seen her ref I honestly think there is alot worst out there "trying" to ref!!!

Yeah i agree she is a good enough ref.

space rabbit

I hear Micheal Hannon is going to be racing a greyhound shortly, he is no Usain Bolt.