RednBlack

Friday, 18th September 2009 @ 8.15pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship Semi Final

Lavey v Bailieboro

Venue:  Kingspan Breffni Park
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." -Vince Lombardi

space rabbit

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2009, 06:39:57 PM
Ah Mulvey. The clown of Cavan football. He'll hardly learn at this stage lads.

Id like to see you say that to him face to face.

boojangles

Quote from: RednBlack on September 13, 2009, 06:34:37 PM
Quote from: REDCOL on September 13, 2009, 06:11:53 PM
Mulvey made great catches, maybe guilty of trying to do too much on his own. But still is the only midfielder I have seen in Cavan capable of competing in the air, even if he is not the brightest on the ball.
what did you make of his Ronaldo impression. Making one or two catches and then dying on his feet for most of the game. Sorry don't agree. As a bridge man said beside us "he looks like he has two bags of cement shoved down his shorts as an excuse for an arse". See how many catches are made next Sunday versus a midfielder who can run all day and play ball.

Who is this man you speak of???

The Gaels should feel rightly aggrieved in fairness.While they didnt deserve to win,they definitely deserved a penalty or at least a 13m free.He didnt even give a 45,even though it came straight of a Bridge man.No wonder football is the way it is.That was probably revenge for the Mullahoran- Ballinagh match a few weeks back.
Congrats to Celt Man,by far the better team. Will take stopping in the Final. Colm Smith has great potential,a sweet left foot and has got very strong on the ball. Still very greedy but that could be worked on.
JohnMcCutcheon is the type of footballer that we don't have near enough of in Cavan.Rarely puts a foot wrong,never gives the ball away,works tirelessly for the team and does it all with the minimum of fuss.A credit to himself.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: space rabbit on September 13, 2009, 07:29:31 PM

Why?

boojangles

Hav to agree Lawrence,no need for the personal abuse. Off the field Lorcan Mulvey is 100%. As regards Geraoid McKiernan,Im not the biggest fan of Mulvey but he would make bits of McKiernan.Far too much power.McKiernan from what I have seen has alot to learn.And a lot of muscle to gain.

space rabbit

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2009, 07:49:15 PM

Why?

Easy to say hiding behind a computer.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on September 13, 2009, 07:55:34 PM

Hav to agree Lawrence,no need for the personal abuse. Off the field Lorcan Mulvey is 100%. As regards Geraoid McKiernan,Im not the biggest fan of Mulvey but he would make bits of McKiernan.Far too much power.McKiernan from what I have seen has alot to learn.And a lot of muscle to gain.
Boojangles, I don't know Mulvey off the field that's why I called him the clown of Cavan FOOTBALL. From diving, to signalling to the crowd to hitting the hard man shoulder only to disappear for the rest of the game, the lad is a clown, in my opinion, when it comes to playing the game.
And as for saying it to his face I have talked to him about his performances and guess what? He made a big joke about it being a laugh.

Lawrence of Knockbride

See my repy Space Rabbit. Give us your opinion on him there.

space rabbit

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2009, 08:00:09 PM
See my repy Space Rabbit. Give us your opinion on him there.

Its not as bad when explained like that.

Lawrence of Knockbride

space rabbit

Quote from: boojangles on September 13, 2009, 07:39:31 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on September 13, 2009, 06:34:37 PM
Quote from: REDCOL on September 13, 2009, 06:11:53 PM
Mulvey made great catches, maybe guilty of trying to do too much on his own. But still is the only midfielder I have seen in Cavan capable of competing in the air, even if he is not the brightest on the ball.
what did you make of his Ronaldo impression. Making one or two catches and then dying on his feet for most of the game. Sorry don't agree. As a bridge man said beside us "he looks like he has two bags of cement shoved down his shorts as an excuse for an arse". See how many catches are made next Sunday versus a midfielder who can run all day and play ball.

Who is this man you speak of???

The Gaels should feel rightly aggrieved in fairness.While they didnt deserve to win,they definitely deserved a penalty or at least a 13m free.He didnt even give a 45,even though it came straight of a Bridge man.No wonder football is the way it is.That was probably revenge for the Mullahoran- Ballinagh match a few weeks back.
Congrats to Celt Man,by far the better team. Will take stopping in the Final. Colm Smith has great potential,a sweet left foot and has got very strong on the ball. Still very greedy but that could be worked on.
JohnMcCutcheon is the type of footballer that we don't have near enough of in Cavan.Rarely puts a foot wrong,never gives the ball away,works tirelessly for the team and does it all with the minimum of fuss.A credit to himself.

He is very left footed, that could be his down fall at a higher level.

space rabbit

Quote from: RednBlack on September 14, 2009, 09:21:46 AM
Observation: when a player is naturally left footed people tend to notice it much more and comment on their limitations with their right foot. Its rare to hear similar comments the other way - "He is so right sided" Its a problem throughout the county that we don't have enough guys balanced on both feet. 

All championship season there appears to be lots of guys showing potential in the forward line. Is this as case of a lack of high standard backs?

Any backs standing out for ye guys and have you seen any new options for midfield?

In goals I have liked the look of Gumley from the Bridge. Again yesterday I thought James just kept bombing ball down the middle with little variation.

Gumley looks like a good keeper, did he have a spell with a soccer team in England?  Drung only looked to Galligan for kickouts and he was always down the middle so thats where he sent it. 

space rabbit

Quote from: RednBlack on September 14, 2009, 10:54:11 AM
Should have welcomed you to the board Space Rabbit. You will enjoy it. Lots of good honest opinions in here with a maturity level missing on other message boards!!!  ;D Well at least I don't think there any under 14 development squad posters on here!!!!!  :o

Thanks rednblack.  Im not a Cavan man but have been living here for a long time.  Big follower of Cavan football and would go to most county games and to the championship games in the park at the weekends.  Enjoyed the games yesterday even though the quality was poor enough, it was great to be out in the good weather.

boojangles

Quote from: space rabbit on September 14, 2009, 11:14:15 AM
Should have welcomed you to the board Space Rabbit. You will enjoy it. Lots of good honest opinions in here with a maturity level missing on other message boards!!!  ;D Well at least I don't think there any under 14 development squad posters on here!!!!!  :o

Thanks rednblack.  Im not a Cavan man but have been living here for a long time.  Big follower of Cavan football and would go to most county games and to the championship games in the park at the weekends.  Enjoyed the games yesterday even though the quality was poor enough, it was great to be out in the good weather.

Welcome Space Rabbitt.Good to have an outsiders view.Do ya mind me asking what county you hail from?
Maybe Im getting negative in my old age but I really fear for Cavan football looking at the standard of club football in the county this summer.It has been desperate to be blunt.I have seen some lads playing Senior Championship football who in most other counties wouldn't make a Junior team. The standard of the execution of the basic skills of the game is very poor.

Keith Gumley is a good goalkeeper,looked good yesterday.He actually played one Senior game in goals in the McKenna cup back in 2005 when he was U-21.
I think Paddy Galligan deserves his chance at Senior Inter-County level.He may not be as physically imposing as Miller but he is worth working on.Would you agree RedNBlack?

space rabbit

Quote from: boojangles on September 14, 2009, 02:27:26 PM
Quote from: space rabbit on September 14, 2009, 11:14:15 AM

Welcome Space Rabbitt.Good to have an outsiders view.Do ya mind me asking what county you hail from?
Maybe Im getting negative in my old age but I really fear for Cavan football looking at the standard of club football in the county this summer.It has been desperate to be blunt.I have seen some lads playing Senior Championship football who in most other counties wouldn't make a Junior team. The standard of the execution of the basic skills of the game is very poor.

Keith Gumley is a good goalkeeper,looked good yesterday.He actually played one Senior game in goals in the McKenna cup back in 2005 when he was U-21.
I think Paddy Galligan deserves his chance at Senior Inter-County level.He may not be as physically imposing as Miller but he is worth working on.Would you agree RedNBlack?

Im from Wexford boojanges.