Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 20, 2009, 04:24:58 PM
Draw for the senior Club championship in Ulster.

Ulster senior club football championship draw

Sunday, October 18 - Preliminary round: Cavan v Antrim.
Sunday, November 1 - Quarter-finals: Derry v Fermanagh, Down v Donegal, Monaghan v Tyrone, Armagh v Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 15 - Semi-finals: Derry/Fermanagh v Down/Donegal, Monaghan/Tyrone v Armagh/Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 29 - Final.

Will the Senior Championsip be over before Oct. 18?

Denn/Castlerahan 30th August
Rest of  quarter final games 5/6 september

Semi Final?? probably the 19th/20th Sept

Final ---4th October id say.

Replays could f**k it up,but id say we will have it safely over in time.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I see Keating in the Celt giving his version of events-basically that he DID NOT to Oxegen.  :-X

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 20, 2009, 07:34:00 PM
I see Keating in the Celt giving his version of events-basically that he DID NOT to Oxegen.  :-X

Jaysus this board has been firece quiet the last week or so....

Gonna have to take Keating at his word there, brutal rumour to start about a young lad...

Hard to see Drung repeating their earlier win over Drumgoon again tonight in Breffni although you never know... The reason I say this is, Drumgoon were terrible that day and would be very surprised if they were that bad again
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 22, 2009, 03:55:35 PM

Gonna have to take Keating at his word there, brutal rumour to start about a young lad...

Hard to see Drung repeating their earlier win over Drumgoon again tonight in Breffni although you never know... The reason I say this is, Drumgoon were terrible that day and would be very surprised if they were that bad again

Yeah things have been shocking quiet...Maybe a few of the boys got jobs or something :)

Be very surprised if Drumgoon made an arse of it twice. They shoulda bet them the first time and they wouldn't have needed a playoff. Stopping Fannin is the key - a job will have to be done on him if Drung are to pull it off.

Yeah and i heard from plenty of people that are well informed that Keating was there. Seemed to be pretty genuine in the interview though

Celt_Man

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 22, 2009, 03:55:35 PM

To quote Manuel from Faulty Towers - I know nothing.... Drung 4 point winners this evening 2 -11 to 1 - 10 with Fannin grabbing a goal in injury time... completely deserved though with Martin Reilly scoring two great goals, wee Paddy Mc ran the Goonie defence around the place again...  Drumgoon look a poor enough team going by the two championship games I saw them although it could be Drung are just gonna be a bogey team for them...

put-it-up

surprised by the Drung result, i must say.

Over the past couple of years, Drumgoon seem to have bottled it when the pressure is on them. Play nice football but when push comes to shove they seem to always be left disappointed.

cavan4ever

Best team won by far last night.  If frees were kicked last week wouldnt have to be there last nite. Good battle with kill next.

Celt_Man

I would expect Drung to beat Kill on Friday... Any word on any Division One results from yesterday? Did I hear right about Gaels Killygarry being called off at half time?

put-it-up

Fixtures and venues lads for the coming week

Friday, 28th August 2009 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship Quarter Final
Kill v Drung
Venue:  Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee: Michael Lee
Linesmen:  Tony Gregory & Peter Fahy

Friday, 28th August 2009 @ 8pm
Hotel Kilmore Junior B Final
Belturbet v Castlerahan
Venue:  Our Lady of Lourdes Park, Mullahoran
Referee:  Jim Giblin
Linesmen:  Oliver O'Reilly & MG Brady

Saturday, 29th August 2009 @ 6pm
Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship Quarter Final
Bailieborough v Killinkere
Venue:  Ramor Park, Virginia
Referee: Padraig Kelleher
Linesmen:  John Smith & Gerry Skelly
Lavey v Ballyhaise
Referee: MG Brady
Linesmen:  John Emmo & Ollie Henry
Cootehill v Knockbride (Game at 7.30pm)
Referee: Jimmy Galligan - Killygarry
Linesmen:  John Pat Martin & Harry Conaty

Saturday, 29th August 2009 @ 6pm
Hotel Kilmore Junior Championship Quarter Final
Shannon Gaels v Cavan Gaels
Venue:  St Aidan's Park, Bawnboy
Referee: Jim Hyland
Linesmen:  Thomas Doonan & Padraig Gilheaney

Saturday, 29th August 2009 @ 5pm
Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1
Killygarry v Mullahoran
Referee:  John Smith

Sunday, 30th August 2009 @ 1pm
Arva v Swanlinbar
Venue:  Pairc na gCead Uladh, Ballyconnell
Referee: Noel Mooney
Linesmen: Stephen McKiernan & Liam Kelly

Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship Relegation Play Off
Kingscourt v Ballinagh
Venue:  Hugh O'Reilly Memorial Park, Cootehill
Referee: Patrick Brady
Linesmen:  Kieran McCarville & Declan McCabe
Ramor v Cuchulainn
Venue:  Lavey GAA Grounds, Lavey
Referee: Brian Crowe
Linesmen: Sean Smith & James Clarke
Lacken v Crosserlough
Venue:  Athletic Grounds, Crubany
Referee: Martin Sexton
Linesmen: Damien Brady & Paddy Carroll

Hotel Kilmore Junior C Semi Final
Killinkere v Ballyhaise
Venue: PJ Duke Park, Stradone
Referee:  Margaret Farrelly

Sunday, 30th August 2009 @ 7pm
Hotel Kilmore Senior Championship Quarter Final
Denn v Castlerahan
Referee: Gerry Sheridan
Linesmen:  Martin Brady Lacken & Jimmy Galligan Lacken

Sunday, 30th August 2009 @ 6pm
Butlersbridge v Kildallon
Venue:  O'Connell Park, Drumlane
Referee: Packie Smith
Linesmen:  Philip Devine & Gavin Smith

put-it-up

Lying in bed bored, so thought I'd make a stab at predictions.

SFC
Denn v Castlerahan - Denn will do their best to snuff out the Castlerahan defence but Mackey and Co. should be too much for them.

Senior Championship Relegation Play Off

Kingscourt v Ballinagh - MMM, I fancy Ballinagh to win this one. Kingscourt seem to have gone off the boil.

Ramor v Cuchulainns - They met in the groups and drew but I think Ramor have a better balanced team. Again should be fairly close.

Lacken v Crosserlough - Just find Crosserlough so hard to watch and think Lacken will consign them to another defeat

IFC

Kill v Drung - Drung have lost twice already this year but can't see them losing out here.

Bailieborough v Killinkere - Should be very close. Big local derby and Killinkere will be well up for this. Think our boy's will edge it.

Lavey v Ballyhaise - Whoever wins this will be favourites for the IFC this year. Again close but I think Mickey Graham's know-how might swing it Ballyhaise's way.

Cootehill v Knockbride - Saw these two teams meet at the group stage. Knockbride's forwards in Breffni should do the business for them.

JFC
Shannon Gaels v Cavan Gaels - I doubt Shannon Gaels will want to lose to a second team and they have been going well in Division three so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Arva v Swanlinbar - Swad still without McKiernan but should edge a relatively close contest

Butlersbridge v Kildallon - The bridge to book their semi-final spot.

Celt_Man

SFC
Denn v Castlerahan - I would expect Castlerahan to win this, they looked reasonably impressive way back in the first round when I saw them

Senior Championship Relegation Play Off

Kingscourt v Ballinagh - I've seen both of them in their last championship match and I think Kingscourt have the greater class in the forwards, Ballinagh got two goals both against the run of play in both games against Mullahorn to being them back which was lucky enough

Ramor v Cuchulainns - Have pnly seen ramor once this year and for a spell they were very good against C'rahan but fell apart after half time if they could repeat that spell for longer maybe Ramor to win??

Lacken v Crosserlough - Two teams I haven't seen in a long time so not really sure at all, hard to base your opinions by some of the reporting done at these games either. if pushed I would go with Ray Galliagan and Fnbarr Reilly carrying Lacken to win by a few points but I'm going on names here which I hate doing...

IFC

Kill v Drung -  Saw both teams last weekend and going by that, Drung no question but local derbies have a thing about throwing form out the window, still unless they freeze or got an injury or bad performance from someone like Alan Curran, drung by 2

Bailieborough v Killinkere - Hmmm, saw Killinkere last week were impressive enough, sending off of centre forward won't help, the extra games will help Bailieboro - is jeff Martin fit to play, he has impressed in recent weeks for them... Bailieboro by 3 or 4 but local derby again

Lavey v Ballyhaise -  I think this is a lottery to be honest, Ballyhaise outplayed them for the first half and then stayed in the dressing rooms at half time, would a draw be out of the question?? or a one point win either way (fliippin hell I'm covering myself in these last few ones) but sure whoever wins this, is a cert for the title sure if we were to win we mightn't even bother playing the semi, such is the certainty of the winner coming from this game ;D ;D

Cootehill v Knockbride - No comment

JFC
Shannon Gaels v Cavan Gaels - Would like to say Shannon Gaels but really don't know to be honest

Arva v Swanlinbar - Again haven't a clue, Swad's best win came against half a shercock team so not that much to be shouting about but the group stages was all about gettin out of them, the real football is being played now so... well I haven't a clue really... Swad by a few???

Butlersbridge v Kildallon - Gonna go for the Bridge here, not too sure why though!!

Man, I know feck all about Junior Championship, guess thats coz no local teams involved in it so I don't go to many matches

Celt_Man

Drung won by a point this evening in the park... 7 points to 6. with paddy mac getting the winner in injury time. McKenna got the line with a second yellow with 10 minutes to go and he had a penalty saved by Miller in the first half. 3 all at half time

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 28, 2009, 11:53:29 PM
Drung won by a point this evening in the park... 7 points to 6. with paddy mac getting the winner in injury time. McKenna got the line with a second yellow with 10 minutes to go and he had a penalty saved by Miller in the first half. 3 all at half time
[/quo

Sounds like a pretty awful game! Good win for Drung though. Its weird that despite losing twice in the championship their still in a semi-final.

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on August 29, 2009, 12:48:56 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 28, 2009, 11:53:29 PM
[/quo

Sounds like a pretty awful game! Good win for Drung though. Its weird that despite losing twice in the championship their still in a semi-final.

well it wasn't really... some of the play was sloppy and plenty of mistakes but a close game which was very entertaining...

kinda a pet hate of mine where people automatically assume that if a game was low scoring it was awful