Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on August 15, 2009, 06:15:42 PM
Boo J, would he be signed professionaly up there or is he just playing his schoolboy football with them in hope of progressing on the bigger and better things?

With regards the amalgamations, i am not a big fan of them. This is the fourth year our club has joined with Shercock and it just doesnt seem to work.

Amalgamation with St. Finbarrs as Trinity Gaels last year and year before that at U 16 and Minor level, destroyed us at that level in my opinion...

Lavey won well in Breffni this evening, 1 - 12 to 1 - 4 with Drumalee only scoring a point in the second half, draw at half time

Mullahorn won 12 to 1 - 6 in the game after against Ballinagh... Mullahorn crusing in first half with Durkin goal before half time brought that back into it. Mullahorn won worth the win though solid second half
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 15, 2009, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 15, 2009, 06:15:42 PM
Boo J, would he be signed professionaly up there or is he just playing his schoolboy football with them in hope of progressing on the bigger and better things?

With regards the amalgamations, i am not a big fan of them. This is the fourth year our club has joined with Shercock and it just doesnt seem to work.

Amalgamation with St. Finbarrs as Trinity Gaels last year and year before that at U 16 and Minor level, destroyed us at that level in my opinion...

Lavey won well in Breffni this evening, 1 - 12 to 1 - 4 with Drumalee only scoring a point in the second half, draw at half time

Mullahorn won 12 to 1 - 6 in the game after against Ballinagh... Mullahorn crusing in first half with Durkin goal before half time brought that back into it. Mullahorn won worth the win though solid second half

Would i be right in saying Ballinagh are struggling to impress this year? Are they missing Cian McDermott still?

It ridiculous in the Intermediate that because Lavey got Ballyhaise at the QF stage, it means only one team from that group of death will make the semi-final stage. There should be some seeding system to make sure teams from the same group are kept apart at the QF's.

Good for the teams in other groups though :)

Denn Forever

Just a quick point on the Mullaghoran game on Saturday.

How many points did Eddie Reilly score?  At least five and possibly more.  From frees and from play.

Should he be played at Full Forward on the county team and let Johnson, Reilly or whoever pick up the breaks that will happen. 

The difficulty would be harnessing him so he wouldn't get sent off but what do people think?  He's been only a bit player to date that I've seen and been played in a silly position e.g. on the wing or corner forward.

You wouldn't be able to fault him with lack of heart.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

the salmon of knowledge

Eddie played well alright in the 1st half. with 7 or 8 minutes to go though when he kicked a bad wide, seemed to show that he is a little off IC, that was to put 4 between the teams and effectively kill the game off and he didn't.
Eddie sometimes doesn't seem to realise the time he has on the ball as he tends to shoot without any sort of composure

Denn Forever

Of the six forwards that Cavan used, how many were scoring forward?  Johnson, Reilly and Mackey I suppose you could say so that leaves 1 out of three that Eddie could fill.  And it funny, but I don't think of Eddie in a scoring role but of as battering ram with the added bonus of being able to score.
Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on August 18, 2009, 10:41:16 AM
Eddie played well alright in the 1st half. with 7 or 8 minutes to go though when he kicked a bad wide, seemed to show that he is a little off IC, that was to put 4 between the teams and effectively kill the game off and he didn't.
Eddie sometimes doesn't seem to realise the time he has on the ball as he tends to shoot without any sort of composure

You say that he had a bad miss and so is a little off IC class but on a county team there are five other forwards and it shouldn't be up to one player to finish a team off.  He also has the bonus that when he kicks for a point, the ball stays kicked, no falling into the keepers hands and starting off an attack.

Enough about Eddie. 

Did Paul Brady have a one off bad game?  I was not impressed with his Distribution, skying the ball as he made cross field passes? 
means what he says...

Drung

QuoteI don't think of Eddie in a scoring roll

I don't think of him in any type of roll. Well, actually, I once imagined him in a chicken fillet roll with coleslaw. It was delicious.

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on August 18, 2009, 02:21:26 PM
QuoteI don't think of Eddie in a scoring roll

I don't think of him in any type of roll. Well, actually, I once imagined him in a chicken fillet roll with coleslaw. It was delicious.

Haha

Imagine eating Eddie!That would be on scary roll.

I don't think Eddie is up to it at that level. How many chances has he had in the past few years you know?

Denn Forever

So its Brady,   Flanagan, Mackey
        Johnson Cullivan     Reilly next year? 

All proven IC forwards?
means what he says...

put-it-up

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 18, 2009, 04:03:11 PM
So its Brady,   Flanagan, Mackey
        Johnson Cullivan     Reilly next year? 

All proven IC forwards?

I think it is too early for predicting next year's team. Think Carr may take a gamble on a few lads.

I also think Sean Brady is pretty bad.

Owenmoresider

Just wondering, how come there was a playoff between Lavey and Drumalee last weekend? Looking at the results, it looks to me that Ballyhaise and Lavey had 4 points, and Drumalee 2. This is from hoganstand, so there may well be a mistake. BHman or anyone know?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 18, 2009, 06:05:55 PM
Just wondering, how come there was a playoff between Lavey and Drumalee last weekend? Looking at the results, it looks to me that Ballyhaise and Lavey had 4 points, and Drumalee 2. This is from hoganstand, so there may well be a mistake. BHman or anyone know?
Drumalee Won, Drew and Lost = 3 points
Lavey Lost, Won and Drew = 3 points
Ballyhaise Won, Drew and Drew = 4 points

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 18, 2009, 10:01:59 PM
Drumalee Won, Drew and Lost = 3 points
Lavey Lost, Won and Drew = 3 points
Ballyhaise Won, Drew and Drew = 4 points

All that confusion started with several places reporting a draw between Lavey and Drumalee which was incorrect obviously
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

Draw for the senior Club championship in Ulster.

Ulster senior club football championship draw

Sunday, October 18 - Preliminary round: Cavan v Antrim.
Sunday, November 1 - Quarter-finals: Derry v Fermanagh, Down v Donegal, Monaghan v Tyrone, Armagh v Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 15 - Semi-finals: Derry/Fermanagh v Down/Donegal, Monaghan/Tyrone v Armagh/Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 29 - Final.

Will the Senior Championsip be over before Oct. 18?
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

as the lads said,
It was reported from different sources that Lavey and Drumalee drew the first game,when Drumalee edged it.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 20, 2009, 04:24:58 PM
Draw for the senior Club championship in Ulster.

Ulster senior club football championship draw

Sunday, October 18 - Preliminary round: Cavan v Antrim.
Sunday, November 1 - Quarter-finals: Derry v Fermanagh, Down v Donegal, Monaghan v Tyrone, Armagh v Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 15 - Semi-finals: Derry/Fermanagh v Down/Donegal, Monaghan/Tyrone v Armagh/Cavan/Antrim.
Sunday, November 29 - Final.

Will the Senior Championsip be over before Oct. 18?

Yes