cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 12:10:58 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 11:40:09 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 11:37:29 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 11:23:32 AM
Quote from: Drung on August 12, 2009, 11:20:06 AM
Mr Miyagi is an imitator of Mr Pain, and a poor one at that. ::)

Aw leave him alone he is only new.  Anyone hear that Kingspan were going to pull all money out of Cavan Football if Carr was voted out.

Aye, heard to same thing but I dunno how through it was.

I see Carr's interview failed to interest the rest of you?
Would be interesting to hear what you guys thought of what he said.

Id be more interested in hearing what you think your chances are on Friday ?

Why is that so interesting to you?!?

Not too sure, gonna be a very evenly contested game I would imagine.

why u think  ::)

Well I know your a Drung man, but my opinion, when it comes to the game, will count for very little. Be surprised if it wasn't like the first day..Hard-fought and scrappy.

I meant to ask you or Drung a few weeks ago what was story with Watters..did he tear anything?

I know your opinion counts for little when it comes to games i was just asking. 

He is off the crutches and is suposed to start jogging next week so he is on the mend.

boojangles

Read Carrs interview,he came across well.But when tackled about not attending club games he just basically said that the Regional Games would b where he would be picking from.Now where did we hear that before??
Id say from the team that started against Antrim at least Half did NOT attend the Regional games last year. No scouting going on at games when most players should be at their peak,played on good fields in a competition that means something- In comparison to watching players playing at the end of a long season,played on Bad fields in a competition that nobody gives a f**k about. Take a bow Tommy.

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 12:35:03 PM

Aw leave him alone he is only new.  Anyone hear that Kingspan were going to pull all money out of Cavan Football if Carr was voted out.

Well I know your a Drung man, but my opinion, when it comes to the game, will count for very little. Be surprised if it wasn't like the first day..Hard-fought and scrappy.

I meant to ask you or Drung a few weeks ago what was story with Watters..did he tear anything?

He is off the crutches and is suposed to start jogging next week so he is on the mend.

Sorry for been a bit snappy - just having a bad day at the office  ;D Computer keeps freezin!

Yeah I think it will be an interesting affair - I imagine your boys will be well up for it.

Glad to hear he is on the mend, Watters is a player I have a lot of time for.

Would rather not see him on Friday though, togged out!

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on August 12, 2009, 12:41:17 PM
Read Carrs interview,he came across well.But when tackled about not attending club games he just basically said that the Regional Games would b where he would be picking from.Now where did we hear that before??
Id say from the team that started against Antrim at least Half did NOT attend the Regional games last year. No scouting going on at games when most players should be at their peak,played on good fields in a competition that means something- In comparison to watching players playing at the end of a long season,played on Bad fields in a competition that nobody gives a f**k about. Take a bow Tommy.

I know but I think he would even admit that the whole regional thing was done half-arsed last year. If it is run properly it would be a good thing because it is given lads another chance to impress you know?

i do agree with you though, that the club games should be where the majority of the panel is picked from. that is when most are at their peak and fit.

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 12:43:57 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on August 12, 2009, 12:35:03 PM

Sorry for been a bit snappy - just having a bad day at the office  ;D Computer keeps freezin!

Yeah I think it will be an interesting affair - I imagine your boys will be well up for it.

Glad to hear he is on the mend, Watters is a player I have a lot of time for.

Would rather not see him on Friday though, togged out!

U wont have to worry about that.

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 12:49:56 PM

I know but I think he would even admit that the whole regional thing was done half-arsed last year. If it is run properly it would be a good thing because it is given lads another chance to impress you know?

i do agree with you though, that the club games should be where the majority of the panel is picked from. that is when most are at their peak and fit.

Exactly... In theory the regional games are a great idea but when do you play them?  Last year I was at one of the games and I think it was the day or two days after St. Stephen's day and sure you know rightly boys were after been on it for the last 3 or 4 nights in a row...  Plus it was 14 a side no subs on a wet and heavy pitch with a few boys just there to make up the numbers which is stupid
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 12, 2009, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 12, 2009, 12:49:56 PM

Exactly... In theory the regional games are a great idea but when do you play them?  Last year I was at one of the games and I think it was the day or two days after St. Stephen's day and sure you know rightly boys were after been on it for the last 3 or 4 nights in a row...  Plus it was 14 a side no subs on a wet and heavy pitch with a few boys just there to make up the numbers which is stupid

Ideally, you would need the championships finishing up by the end of September and run the regionals in Oct. That means most lads are still in good shape, the pitched wont be too bad and then That gives all lads two full months off to rest. and then the management team can put their McKenna Cup squad together and let the hard work commence.

Playing games in Decemeber is a waste of time.

cavan4ever

With the laughing stock that the county was this year will new players want to go in?

He was asked about players who were dropped for disipline reasons being brought back in and he gave a positive reply to that question, id say the lads who were dropped were glad that they were not around.

BallyhaiseMan

Jaysus lads,some of us are horrid crabby on here  ;D

havent been on since the weekend,
awful second half performance from our lads nearly cost us.
Beating Lavey 0-9 to 0-3 at half time,But fair play to Lavey,they completely destroyed us in the second half,and if the game had gone on 5 minutes longer,we would have been in that playoff Saturday Night.

Stayed in to watch the Kingscourt/K'garry game.
RednBlack
i rate your two cornerbacks Charlie Conaty and Darryl McKenna as very good footballers and in McKenna's case a possible county man in the future,But i thought Darragh Gunn and to a lesser extent Mark McKeown roasted the two lads.
I was very disappointed in Kingscourt to be honest,
Especially in Keith McCabe,Alan Clarke,Philip Smith and Ryan McCormack who all under performed.
Philip Tinnelly looked like a good prospect and Thomas Wakely was terrific at full back but other than that the Stars played very much within themselves.
Joe McMahon and Sean Og Gargan and Brendan Corcoran were big misses.
K'garry are for me clearly the 3rd best team in the county after Gaels,Castlerahan,However they havent put together one full solid 60/70 minutes from when ive seen them this year.
Martin Reily is too valuable to be stuck in the full forward line for 40 minutes at club level.
Jamie Coffey impressed me,hes built like a horse,but you can see hes still getting used to high level club football again.
Pauric Cahill was good,
Brendan Murray is a very promising player,Is he under 21 next year?
K'GARRY have the ammunition to go far,but i dont think this management is getting the most out of them.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 12, 2009, 04:32:02 PM

Beating Lavey 0-9 to 0-3 at half time,But fair play to Lavey,they completely destroyed us in the second half,and if the game had gone on 5 minutes longer,we would have been in that playoff Saturday Night.

RednBlack
i rate your two cornerbacks Charlie Conaty and Darryl McKenna as very good footballers and in McKenna's case a possible county man in the future,But i thought Darragh Gunn and to a lesser extent Mark McKeown roasted the two lads.
Especially in Keith McCabe,Alan Clarke,Philip Smith and Ryan McCormack who all under performed.
Philip Tinnelly looked like a good prospect and Thomas Wakely was terrific at full back but other than that the Stars played very much within themselves.
K'garry are for me clearly the 3rd best team in the county after Gaels,Castlerahan,However they havent put together one full solid 60/70 minutes from when ive seen them this year.
Martin Reily is too valuable to be stuck in the full forward line for 40 minutes at club level.
Jamie Coffey impressed me,hes built like a horse,but you can see hes still getting used to high level club football again.
Pauric Cahill was good,
K'GARRY have the ammunition to go far,but i dont think this management is getting the most out of them.
You watched/played a different second half than me BH Man. I thought you were far superior and all that let you down was a bit of complacency not putting them away when you had the chance.
Boojangles, were you fighting in Ballinagh?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 12, 2009, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 12, 2009, 04:32:02 PM

RednBlack
Pauric Cahill was good,
You watched/played a different second half than me BH Man. I thought you were far superior and all that let you down was a bit of complacency not putting them away when you had the chance.
Boojangles, were you fighting in Ballinagh?

you would be a better judge Lawrence,hard to judgea game well when you're playing,
Not happy with how we finished that game at all,
Too much messing in the forwards and turnovers.
I was shocked to hear a somewhat understrength Slashers beat Drumalee, What happened Boojangles?

Swadman

Bo J is probably talking through a straw - Heard it from a leaguer there was a "cafuffell" or two at the game. Their (k/shndra) stand in goalie is called "Polish Tommy" (understandably enough as he is from Poland). Seemingly he took objection to some of the rough stuff and went beserk. The stint they all have to do in the Polish army stood to him. He got the comunist card along with a Drumalee guy

Drung

QuoteK'garry are for me clearly the 3rd best team in the county after Gaels,Castlerahan,

In my opinion Mullahoran and Gowna are both better. Put it this way, I can see either of them winning the championship. Killygarry won't win it with this bunch of players in my opinion.

Mr. Pain

When I wake up in the morning
And the 'larm lets out a warning
I don't think I'll ever make it on time
By the time I got my books I give myself a look
I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus slide by

It's alright cause I'm saved by the bell

If the teacher pops a test I know I'm a mess
And my dog ate all my homework last night
Riding low in my chair she won't know that I'm there
If I can hand it in tomorrow it'll be alright

It's alright cause I'm saved by the bell (x3)

Yes, indeed Ballyhaise were saved by the bell. It's a bit ridiculous the way the draw ended up with Ballyhaise meeting the winners of Drumalee and Lavey while Knockbride play Cootehill. They most definitely should have been pooled to be kept apart. Who do ye believe will be relegated from senior the way the fixtures are? Crosserlough will find it tough to stay up but Mr. Pain predicts Cuchullains to face the drop.

With regard to the Kingspan/Tommy Carr thing, look back at what Mr. Pain wrote

Quote from: Mr. Pain on July 17, 2009, 02:29:55 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 17, 2009, 01:36:35 PM

On another point- Does anyone know what is the situtaion with Kingspans sponsorship of Cavan teams? Have they signed up for a few more years or is it a year by year thing? I wouldnt b suprised to see the Murtaghs having a second look at the money they are throwing to the County set-up.

Why would they Booj? They have their own man in the hot seat so they basically control the picking of the manager and lots of other decisions Mr. Pain is sure. Not a conspiracy theory by any means but if you look into it you'll find that the Pain freak is not far wrong!

Quote from: boojangles on July 17, 2009, 03:36:37 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 17, 2009, 03:04:51 PM
Their own man as in the County board Chairman Mr. Pain? Fair enough.

As regards having their own man-Dont be so sure of that either Pain. Work and Pleasure don't mix.

Hmmm...Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

boojangles

Boojangles is in foul humour.Not talking about that match Sunday,atrocious stuff to say the least.We would have been better off being bet by Ballyhaise.Lets just say some boys don't handle expectation too well,while others just head off on holidays.
As regards the draw-Congrats to the County Board for another c**k-up.(Can they do anything right these days??)
What was the incentive to finish top of your group this year? Ballyhaise and Knockbride should feel rightly aggrieved at facing opposition from their groups.
I would love to know the reasons and advantages for football in the county that the CB felt would come out of changing this system.In years gone by the team who topped the group played a team who finished 2nd in another group.
Mr Pain seems to have had it right all along.In saying that I still think Kingspan may only be lookin for a reason to get out of their deal with Cavan.Maybe next year.