Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 09, 2009, 03:53:07 PM
Are any of the county management team at any of these club games because if  they are not then they should be sacked.

Well Lynch still plays with Cuchullains and Peter with Knockbride so I doubt they get around to too much.

Getting to games around your own training and games is not an easy task.

Denn Forever

At the park today.  Ballyhaise should have been out of the park with 45 minutes of the game gone but allowed Lavey to draw.  There were some lovely long range points by both teams an you'd wonder why the county team can't do it.

I was impressed by some of the play from the Kingscourt team and Coffey was the pick of the Killygarry team.  Again Kingscourt allowed Killygarry to pull away from them and seemed to react too late.

Looks like I'm not going to see Denn in the Championship this year as they beat Lacken in my absense.  The must have been some wind in Kilnaleck as the score at half time was Lacken 0 7 Denn 0 2 and the final score Lacken 0 9 Denn 0 12.

Senior Draw

Belturbet vs Mullahoran or Ballinagh
Redhill vs Cavan Gaels
Gowna vs Killygarry
Castlerahan vs Denn

Some baptism of fire for Redhills and the Castlerahan/Denn game should be a fractious affair!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

put-it-up

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 09, 2009, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 06:11:48 PM
Carr stays

Aye was thinking that. Is it official yet?

Yes. Now where does that leave the rebels in the CB???

Super, now it is all about strengthining what we have got and trying to build on.

At least we know where we stand now.

Don't what will happen to the bowsies, perhaps make them have a charity boxing contest with Eddie Reilly. Eddie would be willing to take two on at a time I reckon and it would be great banter!

What do think you will happen?

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 09, 2009, 06:35:37 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 09, 2009, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 06:11:48 PM
Carr stays

Aye was thinking that. Is it official yet?

Yes. Now where does that leave the rebels in the CB???

Super, now it is all about strengthining what we have got and trying to build on.

At least we know where we stand now.

Don't what will happen to the bowsies, perhaps make them have a charity boxing contest with Eddie Reilly. Eddie would be willing to take two on at a time I reckon and it would be great banter!

What do think you will happen?
Absolutely nothing!! The cage rattling will now be forgotten and it now moves on to make sure you get your good two seat in the Hogan in September!! Will be laughed about over lunch in the Meadow View and over a coffee in the lobby of the Kilmore. All friends again!!!

Well I think my idea is better!

yeah it will all be forgotten about it. Any propose changes to the management team?

Lawrence of Knockbride

RnB what did you make of your lot today? I've seen 2 of their 3 championship games this year and they just look like a team going through the motions. Fair enough they won but they went from 5-0 up to 6-5 down. Similarly against Denn they couldn't maintain their form for any decent period of time. They let Kingscourt into a game that they shouldn't really have been allowed to. For me, like I said before, this is typical of senior club football. An inability to put a team away. Martin Reilly had a great first 10/15 minutes and was involved in probably all the first 5 scores but in the second half he decided he was going to shoot on sight with poor results.

As for the curtain-raiser I was very disappointed by Lavey's performance. Having seen them dismantle Killeshandra I was surprised. They were in fairness missing Finbar Jordan (where was he?) but their use of the ball in the last third was very poor. Ballyhaise played very well for 3/4 of the game and were 6 up before the old complancy set in. The ref gave a soft penalty and then you could smell a draw. Tierney played well apart from a few wayward shots but looks like he could be good if kept close to goal. Gavey JJ a serious run around before he was taken off him. Cullivan was savage in the second half and I have been impressed with the ginger corner-back anytime I've seen him.

I heard Killeshandra beat Drumalee with an experimental team. What happened Boojangles. I also heard there were 3 red cards. Tut tut.

As for Today's installment of the county set-up (shouldn't the omnibus have been on today) it is a bit silly having your two selectors playing when there's games to be watched. I suppose Peter could recommend John Tierney and Raphael Rogers. And Lynch will be able to make sure that Keating is as fabulous as he thinks he is ;)

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 09, 2009, 08:01:00 PM
RnB what did you make of your lot today? I've seen 2 of their 3 championship games this year and they just look like a team going through the motions. Fair enough they won but they went from 5-0 up to 6-5 down. Similarly against Denn they couldn't maintain their form for any decent period of time. They let Kingscourt into a game that they shouldn't really have been allowed to. For me, like I said before, this is typical of senior club football. An inability to put a team away. Martin Reilly had a great first 10/15 minutes and was involved in probably all the first 5 scores but in the second half he decided he was going to shoot on sight with poor results.

As for the curtain-raiser I was very disappointed by Lavey's performance. Having seen them dismantle Killeshandra I was surprised. They were in fairness missing Finbar Jordan (where was he?) but their use of the ball in the last third was very poor. Ballyhaise played very well for 3/4 of the game and were 6 up before the old complancy set in. The ref gave a soft penalty and then you could smell a draw. Tierney played well apart from a few wayward shots but looks like he could be good if kept close to goal. Gavey JJ a serious run around before he was taken off him. Cullivan was savage in the second half and I have been impressed with the ginger corner-back anytime I've seen him.

I heard Killeshandra beat Drumalee with an experimental team. What happened Boojangles. I also heard there were 3 red cards. Tut tut.

As for Today's installment of the county set-up (shouldn't the omnibus have been on today) it is a bit silly having your two selectors playing when there's games to be watched. I suppose Peter could recommend John Tierney and Raphael Rogers. And Lynch will be able to make sure that Keating is as fabulous as he thinks he is ;)
[/b]

I  wonder how many other counties have selectors that are still playing club football? That's why I think it would make sense to get one or two more men in around TC, that would be around the same age as himself and would have no real bias towards anyone.

Any word on the draw? What is happening with Bboro, Drung, Drumgoon play-off?

Perhaps you heard it Lawrence at the game?

Surprised Kingscourt are out, but it probably is a reality check that shows them where exactly they are!

Celt_Man

Drung play Bailieboro first with the winner going into 1/4 final, loser has second chance against Drumgoon

Intermediate
Drung/Bailieboro v Killinkere/Laragh
Cootehill v Knockbride
Drumgoon/Loser of Drung/B'boro v Kill
Drumalee/Lavey v Ballyhaise

Senior
Gaels v Redhills
Belturbet v Mullahorn/Ballinagh
Gowna v Killygarry
Castlerahan v Denn

Didn't really pay much attention to Junior draw all I know is Shannon Gaels are playing Cavan Gaels
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 09, 2009, 08:18:40 PM
Drung play Bailieboro first with the winner going into 1/4 final, loser has second chance against Drumgoon

Intermediate
Cootehill v Knockbride

Senior
Gaels v Redhills
Gowna v Killygarry
Castlerahan v Denn

Didn't really pay much attention to Junior draw all I know is Shannon Gaels are playing Cavan Gaels

Cheers Celt Man,

Its a bit stupid that you can get drawn against someone that was in your group. Surely some system should be in place to make sure that doesn't happen.
Doubt your too happy about it CM?

See Ballyhaise are in the same situation.
The senior one worked out well though with a nice spread.

So we got Drung in a play-off...Going to be an intersting battle.

Doubt Drumgoon are overly happy at only getting one chance, but I suppose thats Championship.

Are the play-offs going ahead next weekend?

Celt_Man

Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 09:11:12 PM
Being a total skeptic and cynic regarding our beloved CB does anyone find it strange that the four favourites got kept apart in the senior quarters??? Hot Ball Cold Ball???

Not too sure if they could actually manage to rig the draw... it would require some basic organisation which wouldn't happen although the draw was very badly done... hard to make out what way they were doing...
at one stage when they were naming the 1/4 final pairings... they said drumgoon.... then a break.... then Cootehill.. then a wee pause... will play Knockbride....

Quote from: put-it-up on August 09, 2009, 08:57:58 PM

Intermediate
Cootehill v Knockbride

Senior
Gaels v Redhills
Gowna v Killygarry
Castlerahan v Denn

Cheers Celt Man,

Its a bit stupid that you can get drawn against someone that was in your group. Surely some system should be in place to make sure that doesn't happen.
Doubt your too happy about it CM?

See Ballyhaise are in the same situation.
The senior one worked out well though with a nice spread.

So we got Drung in a play-off...Going to be an intersting battle.

Doubt Drumgoon are overly happy at only getting one chance, but I suppose thats Championship.

Are the play-offs going ahead next weekend?

Ahh we could have worst draws or a better one I suppose!!

As for Drumgoon a couple of years ago they had two chances at being promoted in a three way promotion play off in Div 2 so I suppose it evens out...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: RednBlack on August 09, 2009, 09:11:12 PM

Intermediate
Cootehill v Knockbride

Senior
Gaels v Redhills
Gowna v Killygarry
Castlerahan v Denn

Being a total skeptic and cynic regarding our beloved CB does anyone find it strange that the four favourites got kept apart in the senior quarters??? Hot Ball Cold Ball???
I saw the draw live and I can confirm that both men were wearing gloves ;D
Heard the Drumgoon bit alright. Was pretty funny. Ah in fairness they did it pretty well considering some of the games that resulted in a playoff had just finished.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on August 08, 2009, 08:58:33 PM
Goonies beat BBoro,Drung bet Bmachugh. 3 way play-off now,hold the whole thing up now for 2 weeks >:(
Put-It-Up maybe You were right!!!
Well done Celt Man-yas made hard work of it and the referee playing 8 minutes over time but yas held out.

We should have been out of sight at the end of the game sure we missed two easy chances in injury time never mind everything else...  As for the injury time, there was supposed to be 5 minutes played and he plays nearly eight if Drumlane had of equalised I would have done time for what I'd have done to the ref!!!

Denn Forever

The U16s are playing Shannon Gaels in the Championship on Tuesday in Shannon Gaels.

Where is their pitch and how do I get there?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Check this link out boss
http://www.milford.limerick.gaa.ie/mapsb.html
and you can get directions then.... some spin for you!

put-it-up

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 09, 2009, 10:34:23 PM
The U16s are playing Shannon Gaels in the Championship on Tuesday in Shannon Gaels.

Where is their pitch and how do I get there?

Top up the petrol tank before you go and bring your sword and shield for protection would be my advice ;D