Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4sam

Well lads, we bet Cuchulainns last nte in Kingscourt, 3-19 to 1-10. They were terrible so its hard to know how good we actually were, we had at least 4/5 opportunities to take goals but we just tipped them over, about 10 wides and dropped a few short. The good thing is we are after breezing through our group and when the draw was made every1 thought it was goin to be a tight group. We seem to be the closest challengers to the Gaels at the minute, so fingers crossed we get a good run this year.

boojangles

Any word from the Ramor match? Wheres Hollow Man when ya need him? ::) ::)
Everythin in Castlerahan seems to be going well,your Juniors put up a mighty impressive score the other evening against Drumalee.Lots of lads are fighting for places Id imagine. Keep the feet on the ground though.Cavan Gaels still seem to be way ahead of anybody but time will tell.Id love to see Castlerahan do the business this year if just for a change and it could only be good for Cavan football.And hell knows we need something like it.

cavan4sam

Gowna won by 4 points, don't know anything about the game just the result.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavan4sam on August 08, 2009, 09:20:31 AM
Well lads, we bet Cuchulainns last nte in Kingscourt, 3-19 to 1-10. They were terrible so its hard to know how good we actually were, we had at least 4/5 opportunities to take goals but we just tipped them over, about 10 wides and dropped a few short. The good thing is we are after breezing through our group and when the draw was made every1 thought it was goin to be a tight group. We seem to be the closest challengers to the Gaels at the minute, so fingers crossed we get a good run this year.
I'd have thought that that might be a bad thing as you haven't really had a test yet. Where is Alan Mulvey playing for you this year?

An Laoch

I was at the Gowna game, they probably should have won by more. They were well on top most of the game but gave away a goal just before half time to bring the gap back to 2 points. Most of the Ramor scores up to that stage were close range frees.

Ramor had a man sent off early in the 2nd half and Gowna were well on top but didn't really open a gap. Inevitably Ramor came back and closed the gap to 2 points near the end but Gowna got the late scores to secure the wind.

Nasty elbow from the Ramor No.12 into the cheek of the Gowna No.7 left a sore looking mark on the Gowna man. Happened well away from the ref but was close enough to the linesman. Ramor man got away with it anyway.

Tall fairhead lad wearing 12 but playing midfield for Gowna was man of the match in my opinion.

Apologies for the lack of specifics on names!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: An Laoch on August 08, 2009, 12:23:13 PM
I was at the Gowna game, they probably should have won by more. They were well on top most of the game but gave away a goal just before half time to bring the gap back to 2 points. Most of the Ramor scores up to that stage were close range frees.

Ramor had a man sent off early in the 2nd half and Gowna were well on top but didn't really open a gap. Inevitably Ramor came back and closed the gap to 2 points near the end but Gowna got the late scores to secure the wind.

Nasty elbow from the Ramor No.12 into the cheek of the Gowna No.7 left a sore looking mark on the Gowna man. Happened well away from the ref but was close enough to the linesman. Ramor man got away with it anyway.

Tall fairhead lad wearing 12 but playing midfield for Gowna was man of the match in my opinion.

Apologies for the lack of specifics on names!
Niall Madden perhaps?

put-it-up

Very surprised games were not called off this week as a mark of respect for Simon.

There will probably be a minutes silence for him before the games but I think a minutes applause would be more suited after what he done..

Big weekend for most clubs, think this situation where we are going to have a load of play offs is a joke. I think I prefer the old format. There is no real cuttint edge stuff about it this year.

Was talking to Peter Donnelly and he said up in Tyrone it is straight knock out and there is no back door. Now that is competitve.

An Laoch

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 08, 2009, 12:34:46 PM

Niall Madden perhaps?

Yeah, I heard lads calling him Niall alright. Good player.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on August 08, 2009, 12:42:14 PM
Very surprised games were not called off this week as a mark of respect for Simon.

There will probably be a minutes silence for him before the games but I think a minutes applause would be more suited after what he done..

Big weekend for most clubs, think this situation where we are going to have a load of play offs is a joke. I think I prefer the old format. There is no real cuttint edge stuff about it this year.

Was talking to Peter Donnelly and he said up in Tyrone it is straight knock out and there is no back door. Now that is competitve.

Well its better than the way it used to be when there was 5 and 6 teams in a group like they have in Meath at the moment.The year Lacken won the Intermediate Championship in 2004 they were beaten 3 times.I have never experienced straight Knock -out at Senior level but TBH I think it would hinder football in the county.Club footballers just wouldn't commit for the chance to play one game in the summer.Lose it and all the hard work is down the drain.Play-offs are the same as Replays really.And you are bound to get replays in straight knock-out anyway.So I don't see the difference.
I can't speak for all but I know the 2 Championship games I have played in this year were very competitive and played at a good pace,with only a kick of a ball between the 2 teams. Maybe that has to do with the group we are in ,where all teams know they couldn't slip up,but surely all teams should have that attitude.

Denn Forever

I was at the game in the park last night and the minute's silence was a beutiful thing.  Most fittting for the bravery of the lad.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Homer

Couldn't disagree with a lot of the comments regarding the Ballinagh - Mullahoran game. We were lucky and Martin Sexton was very kind to us towards the end. Eddie really went from hero to villain, he was given a second yellow after the match but that will mean nothing unless he has already got the line this year.

Homer

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 08, 2009, 01:38:04 PM

I was at the game in the park last night and the minute's silence was a beutiful thing.  Most fittting for the bravery of the lad.

Would agree with that, it's a very fitting gesture when it's observed as well it was last night.

The minutes applause thing is used in situations where the silence might be interrupted by loud-mouth idiots but I think we're safe enough from that.

cavan4sam

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 08, 2009, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: cavan4sam on August 08, 2009, 09:20:31 AM
I'd have thought that that might be a bad thing as you haven't really had a test yet. Where is Alan Mulvey playing for you this year?

What i mean by that is the teams that are in our group would have all thought they would beat us, last year Ramor knocked us out of the championship, the year before Cuchulainns bet us and Gowna were supposedly going all out to win the championship this year.

Celt_Man

We beat Drumlane today by a point 1 - 4 to 8 points.... shaky stuff in the end but really should have won by a good few points.... away to the pub train for the quarter finals
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Goonies beat BBoro,Drung bet Bmachugh. 3 way play-off now,hold the whole thing up now for 2 weeks >:(
Put-It-Up maybe You were right!!!
Well done Celt Man-yas made hard work of it and the referee playing 8 minutes over time but yas held out.