Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on August 01, 2009, 09:58:39 PM
Belturbet going well, who is over them?
could they be dark horses??

Gary Donohoe that used to play with Gowna is over them this year and from talking to a few of them he is doing a very good job.Belturbet were very bad last year but he seems to hav fairly turned it around.

BallyhaiseMan

Belturbet are a good team.but they wont be contenders for the championship.
Cavan Gaels are clear frontrunners with only Castlerahan looking like worthy contenders so far.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Put-It-Up, I meant to ask you about a young player you have at Balieboro that I marked towards the end of my playing days but I forgot. I just remembered he looked to have potential as he gave me a roasting. I picked up the Celt this week and there he is scoring 3-03 from wing-forward (albeit 1-2 from set plays I think). Jeffrey Martin-how is he progressing. I think he told me he was the County Minor Keeper a few years back (although I think if he was, he was the 2nd choice).

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 03, 2009, 04:50:04 PM
Put-It-Up, I meant to ask you about a young player you have at Balieboro that I marked towards the end of my playing days but I forgot. I just remembered he looked to have potential as he gave me a roasting. I picked up the Celt this week and there he is scoring 3-03 from wing-forward (albeit 1-2 from set plays I think). Jeffrey Martin-how is he progressing. I think he told me he was the County Minor Keeper a few years back (although I think if he was, he was the 2nd choice).

Good man Lawrence, whats the story with you?

Aye, i have no doubt he told you that story. I'm sure he has told it to every single person he has met ;D

He is not much of a keeper mind you! Eh, he is doing ok. Put it this way, if you let him play football, the boy is technically gifted and can play.

Has no real pace or power though and didnt even start our first championship match.

I suppose we will see what he is really made of against Drumgoon this weekend.   

Lawrence of Knockbride

What's the story with me? ?
Yeah he talked a good game, and I don't think he was trying to get to me psychologically. Still a good score from wing-forward.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 04, 2009, 09:26:53 AM
What's the story with me? ?
Yeah he talked a good game, and I don't think he was trying to get to me psychologically. Still a good score from wing-forward.

Story, Crack? Just being polite with you Lawrence!

Yeah he was actually playing at FF against Ballymachugh, none of the papers seemed to pick up on that. And boy god he talks a good game ;D

So it is D-Day for Mr. Carr. Anyone going to be at the meeting on behalf of their clubs. Out of the county at the minute, but would love to know what happens.

boojangles

D-Day as right. We haven't heard from many posters how their clubs are voting? I know my own has voted to keep him and we know that Killeshandra are against him.
Its only Club Chairmen and Secretarys allowed at the meetings this year,but Im sure we will all hear soon enough.
Drung mentioned a 65-35 split,I think it may b even closer.If it is, I wonder will TC stay?

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on August 04, 2009, 11:14:32 AM
D-Day as right. We haven't heard from many posters how their clubs are voting? I know my own has voted to keep him and we know that Killeshandra are against him.
Its only Club Chairmen and Secretarys allowed at the meetings this year,but Im sure we will all hear soon enough.
Drung mentioned a 65-35 split,I think it may b even closer.If it is, I wonder will TC stay?

My clubs were split on what should happen, but the stronger characters wanted him out so  I am just presuming that they will get their way. All will be revealed in time.

Look if Carr wanted to quit he would have done it by now, once a majority votes to keep him he will stay. Democracy and all that :)

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on August 04, 2009, 11:21:03 AM

My clubs were split on what should happen, but the stronger characters wanted him out so  I am just presuming that they will get their way. All will be revealed in time.

Look if Carr wanted to quit he would have done it by now, once a majority votes to keep him he will stay. Democracy and all that :)

Doubt Bailieboro would b happy hear ya say that!!

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on August 04, 2009, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on August 04, 2009, 11:21:03 AM

Doubt Bailieboro would b happy hear ya say that!!

Me and my fat fingers. Obviously that was meant to be the singular version of the word!

Celt_Man

Tommy is staying... we won 30 votes to 23... a ringing endorsement if ever there was one
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

orangeman

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 04, 2009, 11:19:49 PM
Tommy is staying... we won 30 votes to 23... a ringing endorsement if ever there was one

The good times are only around the corner !  ;)

boojangles

57% wanted him to stay.Well I think they have made the right decision.I hope there is a few changes with his back-up though.At least another selector is needed IMO,somebody who really will rock the boat.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on August 04, 2009, 11:58:48 PM
57% wanted him to stay.Well I think they have made the right decision.I hope there is a few changes with his back-up though.At least another selector is needed IMO,somebody who really will rock the boat.

I knew it would be close and looks like the county  really were split on this one

Glad he is staying but heard one club proposed the u21's be run by a separate Management. Is that true -would fully support that call aswell as strenghtining up the backroom team of the senior management.