Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on July 28, 2009, 11:03:16 PM
QuoteI know who my source is,and if he has it wrong then the County Board has it wrong, put it that way.What makes you so sure? Rory Dunne was mentioned already.

Your source has it totally wrong. I asked one of the players and he told me who was there with him. Boojangles, you have been proven to be completely wrong on a few things lately, watch or Hollow Man will be back!
Someone get Sean O Rinn on here to stir it up a bit!

Boojangles, what do you think of Mickey Lee? Rumour has it that there will be changes in Mickey Graham's minor set-up next year, should Lee stay do you think? I heard McCorry is gone anyway, he can't commit for another year.

Quote from: Drung on July 28, 2009, 11:03:16 PM
QuoteI know who my source is,and if he has it wrong then the County Board has it wrong, put it that way.What makes you so sure? Rory Dunne was mentioned already.

Your source has it totally wrong. I asked one of the players and he told me who was there with him. Boojangles, you have been proven to be completely wrong on a few things lately, watch or Hollow Man will be back!
Someone get Sean O Rinn on here to stir it up a bit!

Boojangles, what do you think of Mickey Lee? Rumour has it that there will be changes in Mickey Graham's minor set-up next year, should Lee stay do you think? I heard McCorry is gone anyway, he can't commit for another year.
Not completely wrong.And the 4 lads I heard didnt all go together so I don't know if you can b sure that one of the lads I mentioned wasn't there.If you knew who the info came directly from(an officer of the CB) you would have put it up too,People hav a right to know what went on.I hav stood up for the players in lots of cases but this latest episode is the final straw.This kind of shit wouldn't go on in club football.

Micky Lee would b an excellent selector,he is very good along the line and would b a good man manager.He knows how the game should b played.I think he should b left with the Minors but I wouldn't b suprised if he was asked to step aside.I know some of the CB weren't best pleased that 3 of the men involved with the Minors were also managing clubs. I would hope he would stay with Drumalee for next year,regardless of how we do this year.We are finally moving in the right direction after being in the doldrums for the past 2 seasons.But that might compromise his position with the Minors.
MCcCorry would b a massive loss if that was true.I really would love to see him involved with the Senior set-up soon because if not,we could lose him to another county.

put-it-up

Lads just out of interest would anybody be in a position to say how the feel their clubs will vote?

I really do respect Carr for refusing to step down because Liam McCabe told him too..

The way the whole farce has been played out I actually think TC has gained more support

put-it-up

For anyone that didn read todays Indo, there is a very interesting piece in it.

Carr the latest victim of a county living on past glories

Below is the link

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/carr-the-latest-victim-of-a-county-living-on-past-glories-1844626.html

boojangles

Drumalee voted to keep Carr last nite.Some people in the club are not happy but thank god sense prevailed. Jesus we are the laughing stock of the country.Who the f**k do the County Board think they are? They can't even make up their own minds whether they want him gone.Not one of them man enough to come out and say what exactly their views are.The lack of leadership forthcoming is outrageous.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on July 29, 2009, 04:14:07 PM
Drumalee voted to keep Carr last nite.Some people in the club are not happy but thank god sense prevailed. Jesus we are the laughing stock of the country.Who the f**k do the County Board think they are? They can't even make up their own minds whether they want him gone.Not one of them man enough to come out and say what exactly their views are.The lack of leadership forthcoming is outrageous.

Good to hear. Have not actually been speaking to anyone from Bailieborough, anyone know how they voted?

We are a laughing stock at the minute. The opening few paragraphs of that piece in the Indo, contains a right few sly digs!

tierworker blue

Just read the Indo article...spot on in my opinion. He tapped into a lot of the things we've been harping on about for ages.
No word from the Shamrocks yet put it up...I'll put the feelers out.

put-it-up

Quote from: tierworker blue on July 29, 2009, 05:50:48 PM
Just read the Indo article...spot on in my opinion. He tapped into a lot of the things we've been harping on about for ages.
No word from the Shamrocks yet put it up...I'll put the feelers out.

Yeah the article hit a few things on the head and is a concise opinion from a neutral.

I presume you are from up around the Royal Brenni TB? Not too many would adopt the name tierworker from outside the area! Are the Shamrocks your home club

cavanmaniac

Only public and national highlighting of just how embarrassing we have become, as in the Indo piece, will bring about any sort of change. Bad and all as we are, I'd say there's good, honest, genuine Cavan football people reading that and getting determined to do something about it.

I hope.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on July 29, 2009, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 29, 2009, 04:14:07 PM

Good to hear. Have not actually been speaking to anyone from Bailieborough, anyone know how they voted?

We are a laughing stock at the minute. The opening few paragraphs of that piece in the Indo, contains a right few sly digs!

If he prays hard enough, promises to indulge every average footballer in the county, arranges with the organisers that the Oxegen music festival doesn't clash with a Cavan game next summer and beseeches the memory of Paddy Reilly from Ballyjamesduff to intervene on his behalf, maybe he will be granted another year in charge of the mighty empire.

I really hope some of the men 'apparently' calling the shots take a read of that.As usual making the headlines for all the wrong reasons.Seen the Mirrior today.2 pages of GAA dedicated to this farce.
The main question that has to b asked is-What plan have the people who want rid of Carr got? What is Plan B?

What Cavan football needs IMO is a Director of Football type to come in and assess the whole landscape in the county.Tell the County Board where they are going wrong.Tell the Coaching officers and Juvenile Board where they are going wrong.let him set out a Plan for the Minor ,U-21 and Senior manager on how best to improve things. Set realistic targets for all teams and re-evaluate after every 6 months.A man who has seen it before in a successful county-Joe Kernan or somebody like him.
In a lot of cases the County Board are going against the grain and not working with the clubs.The County Board should b there to facilitate clubs,not to come down heavy handed on them all the time like a school master.

mylestheslasher

It was a decent piece in the indo and worked to get the point across, all be it with the usual nonsense and inaccuracies from Brehony. The only way Cavan football gets any press coverage is when they have a farce like this going on. The Cavan Antrim ulster semi got 1/8 of a page of rubbish by Stephen King on the day before the game in the same paper.

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 29, 2009, 06:42:35 PM
It was a decent piece in the indo and worked to get the point across, all be it with the usual nonsense and inaccuracies from Brehony. The only way Cavan football gets any press coverage is when they have a farce like this going on. The Cavan Antrim ulster semi got 1/8 of a page of rubbish by Stephen King on the day before the game in the same paper.

Your really don't like King, do you Myles.

i agree with your previous post about setting goals, I said that in a litte rant of mine on the previous page. But them goals should be between management and players. A big meeting is needed at the start of next year I think - where the players have a good long hard look at themselves

cavan4ever

Im signing out of this thread for a while until this mess is sorted its depressing reading here these days, and while people are discussing good ideas its worse to know that there is very little chance of change happening.

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 29, 2009, 07:21:55 PM
Im signing out of this thread for a while until this mess is sorted its depressing reading here these days, and while people are discussing good ideas its worse to know that there is very little chance of change happening.

Well the more grilling we get from the National media the better.Its important everybody gets their point across to their club reps or nothing will change.

put-it-up

One thing that concerns me is that a lot of club officials have no clue what is going on you know?

And if one person speaks strongly for or agianst they will all just follow suit...

Anyway im starting to get sick of talking about this, I suppose we just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

Drung

Many seem to be rallying around Carr, but we need to be careful not to venerate him too much. Carr has a dire record as a manager and he has actually managed to disimprove Cavan.
He didn't do it for the good of his health either -  I heard from a good source that he got the final 15k of the 45k he was owed last week, in cash.
My opinuion on the whole sorry farce is as follows:
Shame on the Cavan players for their lack of passion. Shame on Tommy Carr for taking OUR money not doing his job properly and shame on the county board for appointing him in the first place and now taking the quick fix.