Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

just can't belief this whole farce. Its actually hilarious.

When are people going to learn that success is a process?There are no quick solutions or no Harry Potter spells. Building a formidable team is hard-work and it cannot be done in six or seven months.

To learn, people have to make mistakes - that applies to both a management team and a set of players as well as a mother with her new-born child. You learn.

When an outside manager comes in, it takes time to get to know players. He needs to learn about individual's strengths and weaknesses and how they react to certain situations. Again, that can only be learned in time.

Whatever knowledge Tommy Carr learned about his group of players over the past six months can be flushed down the toilet if he goes. We will be back to square one. The get to know you process has to start all over again – with someone else. And the next man in line is not going to be Mick O'Dwyer. Dont kid yourself there.

Let's be honest, we are all desperate to see Cavan suceed in Ulster but it won't just happen. Instead, we should set short-term goals with his squad. All aiming towards the bigger picture. Steady progress rather than instant sucess is the way forward.

If we kick him out, we have taken a relatively high-profile manager, given him less than a year and kicked him out because there was no instant success or no instant result. It's so narrow-minded and as a county we are just going around in circles. Cavan football needs to find its feet before it can regain its belief.

What harm would giving him one more year in the job doe?  A Cavan man, with a view to succeeding Carr in a few years, could be given the U21 job for the forthcoming season – to let the home-grown man gain management experience at Inter-County level. But that idea prob makes to much sense for some people who make decisions.

And then by the end of 2010, if the situation had not improved at senior level, Carr's position could be understood to be under review. But not now, give the man a chance.

Obviously, the team performances towards the end of the year were alarming but sometimes a group can learn a lot about themselves from defeats like that.
None of Cavan's problems are unsolvable.

Surely an open team meeting, where problems could be discussed and issues raised be very beneficial to everyone involved. Again though that prob makes too much sense.

Shit, that message was long, needed to get that off my breasts though ;D

the salmon of knowledge

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 28, 2009, 10:35:35 PM
Tommy refused to resign!!!  :D
Im liking Tommy Carr more and more,its great hes not letting those useless shower of b*astards away easily by leaving.
Anyone see any possibilities within these chain of events,that Carr stays,and some or all of the main moutpieces of the county board get gate?
That would be the perfect scenario for me.

ideal situation but highly unlikely..

if it was put before the labour relations comission, they would probably recommend Carr gets more money!

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 28, 2009, 10:35:35 PM
Tommy refused to resign!!!  :D
Im liking Tommy Carr more and more,its great hes not letting those useless shower of b*astards away easily by leaving.
Anyone see any possibilities within these chain of events,that Carr stays,and some or all of the main moutpieces of the county board get gate?
That would be the perfect scenario for me.

here here!!!

Drung

QuoteI know who my source is,and if he has it wrong then the County Board has it wrong, put it that way.What makes you so sure? Rory Dunne was mentioned already.

Your source has it totally wrong. I asked one of the players and he told me who was there with him. Boojangles, you have been proven to be completely wrong on a few things lately, watch or Hollow Man will be back!
Someone get Sean O Rinn on here to stir it up a bit!

Boojangles, what do you think of Mickey Lee? Rumour has it that there will be changes in Mickey Graham's minor set-up next year, should Lee stay do you think? I heard McCorry is gone anyway, he can't commit for another year.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Drung on July 28, 2009, 11:03:16 PM
QuoteI know who my source is,and if he has it wrong then the County Board has it wrong, put it that way.What makes you so sure? Rory Dunne was mentioned already.

Your source has it totally wrong. I asked one of the players and he told me who was there with him. Boojangles, you have been proven to be completely wrong on a few things lately, watch or Hollow Man will be back!

Boojangles, what do you think of Mickey Lee? Rumour has it that there will be changes in Mickey Graham's minor set-up next year, should Lee stay do you think? I heard McCorry is gone anyway, he can't commit for another year.

Drung can you say who you are told was there here or PM me the names.

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on July 28, 2009, 11:03:16 PM

If McCorry goes it will be a massive loss to the set-up. Mickey is the main man, but Paul would offer a lot.

I'm glad Mickey G is giving it another year.

Celt_Man

Jaysus some man PM me and let me know who was at Oxegen... The f-ing suspense is killin me!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 28, 2009, 11:18:40 PM
Jaysus some man PM me and let me know who was at Oxegen... The f-ing suspense is killin me!!

Me too, i have been told who two of them were, but I struggle to belief the name of the other one

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 28, 2009, 11:18:40 PM

Seen as your on the mobile i will text you when i find out  8)

Mr. Pain

It has come to Mr. Pain's attention that the county board are not only incompetent but are very stubborn also. A complete reshuffle is needed with a few new names thrown in for a fresher look. Mr. Pain is aware that Cavan have gone back a step, although he did not think it possible after Lt. Frank Drebin's reign. However, the current county board should be held accountable for choosing these managers and paying big bucks.

On another matter, Mr. Pain is not impressed with others making use of his phrases, signatures and associated branding. It has happened before and Mr. Pain let it slide. JohnB Tool, you are new to this board so we will call it a warning.

Finally, while Mr. Pain was in bed last night giving one to Mrs. Pain he came up with a brilliant idea. This board has been full of bad news and negativity lately. Mr. Pain is going to cheer himself up by goin to the fancy dress in Belturbet dressed as Tommy Carr. He has already purchased a bald cap, glasses and oversized wallet. He recommends that ye minions could go dressed up as other former managers. He might have a Val Andrews wig that he could lend to someone.

Rant Over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

jonb_cúl

very good Mr Pain, very good indeed!!! JohnB Tool, oh my sides!!!!!
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

Mr. Pain

No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

jonb_cúl

okay Mr Pain, lesson learnt. i will be on my best behavour from now on
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

BallyhaiseMan

Most definetly the funniest poster on GAABoard .  :D

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 28, 2009, 07:01:58 PM
Celt Man I don't know if you were the Cootehill delegate the other nite at the Minor Board meeting but I heard that the abuse Mr Argue gave to his own club delegate was a scandal,he said if it had have been him he would have got up and split him. I know of a fella that said he would definitely run against Mr Argue next year if he tries to get back in the Chair.

JonB Cul your dead rite about the County Board,I just despair of them at this stage. the crowds at some of the Championship matches over the weekend was embarassing. As mentioned already- Why not advertise all Championship games for a Fiver admission? Try and create some sort of a buzz about Club Football. You can bet there was no representative of the Senior Management at alot of Championship games also this weekend. Whole lot is a joke.

No it wasn't me, I believe it was our Senior Secretary but I heard about it - kinda glad some other clubs are seeing that man for what he is.  It's just hard to believe how much delight he takes for doing to this a group of Under 16s from any club let alone "his own club" (heavy emphasis on the inverted commas)
I think his parting line was sure you got 15 the first day where did they go? But he wouldn't listen that we couldn't even finish the first game with 15 - a fella was injured had to come off and we had no sub.  Already we have one of those 15 who can't play in the Championship because he is training for some boxing tournament in America so we're down to 14 - I could go on.  But so long as our Esteemed Chairman is happy, I suppose I will have to be too. 
There will be more to come on this..
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010