Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb_cúl

Well  lads, Another "newbie" for ye all to get to know!!!! I'm a long time listener, first time poster.

With regards to the Cavan situation, the CCB needs to take a good long look at themselves in fairness (like that's going to happen). If we were to look at them as if they were managing a company they large majority of them would be sacked by now. As they have full time staff working in there now why the hell shouldn't we ask for some sort of accountability.

Rant OVER

:(
You can't win derbies with donkeys.
Babs Keating
Before Tipp played Cork in 1990.

Celt_Man

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 28, 2009, 03:56:36 PM
2 of the 3 names are wrong bogangles...
and in any case, was cahill a member of the panel at that stage??
Of course he was  sure didn't he come on against Wicklow... the whole thing is a mess as others have pointed out if a fella from your team did that ahead of a championship match you'd be having words with him about it
One of the biggest laughs I have had over the whole thing is the complete 180 the County Board did over wanting Carr out between Wednesday and last night!! There hilarious
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 28, 2009, 04:32:03 PM
Of course he was  sure didn't he come on against Wicklow... the whole thing is a mess as others have pointed out if a fella from your team did that ahead of a championship match you'd be having words with him about it
One of the biggest laughs I have had over the whole thing is the complete 180 the County Board did over wanting Carr out between Wednesday and last night!! There hilarious

Read in the Daily Mirror that Carr was asked to resign but refused.  Would there be finanical gain for him if he was sacked ?

boojangles

Celt Man I don't know if you were the Cootehill delegate the other nite at the Minor Board meeting but I heard that the abuse Mr Argue gave to his own club delegate was a scandal,he said if it had have been him he would have got up and split him. I know of a fella that said he would definitely run against Mr Argue next year if he tries to get back in the Chair.

JonB Cul your dead rite about the County Board,I just despair of them at this stage. the crowds at some of the Championship matches over the weekend was embarassing. As mentioned already- Why not advertise all Championship games for a Fiver admission? Try and create some sort of a buzz about Club Football. You can bet there was no representative of the Senior Management at alot of Championship games also this weekend. Whole lot is a joke.

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 28, 2009, 05:04:13 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 28, 2009, 04:32:03 PM

Read in the Daily Mirror that Carr was asked to resign but refused.  Would there be finanical gain for him if he was sacked ?

Not sure, I doubt he would have an official contract you know? Would whatever he is being paid not just be a gentleman's agreement!

Really don't understand why they wanted him out and know they dont...maybe they realised no one would take it! And sure they should of asked around for players and clubs opinions in the first place...DUh!

the salmon of knowledge

Quote from: boojangles on July 28, 2009, 04:17:20 PM
Cahill came on against Wicklow.

I took the names down.Obviously wouldnt hav put them up if I for one minute questioned where it came from.Somethings not right though.

fair enough, i know your not writing it for the sake of it... but i know 1 of them lads was not at it as i asked him.

on another note it has just came to my attention that after training monday night we had a quick meeting reguarding the Carr situation and a vote was cast.
some people spoke at the meeting and everyone was fit to voice their opinion if they so chose.
the vote was a show of hands in which 90% voted for Carr to stay.
the poeple pushing for Carr to go were, lets say more senior members of the club.
heres the problem, when our lads went down monday night, they dismissed the vote and went with their views and said our club would be voting no...
can this vote be counted??
is their any precident to this??

honestly this whole situation is making a laughing stock of the county, and could do serious damage to the IC team.
if they want to have a public vote it should be for county board officals

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 28, 2009, 07:35:33 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 28, 2009, 04:17:20 PM
Cahill came on against Wicklow.

I took the names down.Obviously wouldnt hav put them up if I for one minute questioned where it came from.Somethings not right though.

fair enough, i know your not writing it for the sake of it... but i know 1 of them lads was not at it as i asked him.

on another note it has just came to my attention that after training monday night we had a quick meeting reguarding the Carr situation and a vote was cast.
some people spoke at the meeting and everyone was fit to voice their opinion if they so chose.
the vote was a show of hands in which 90% voted for Carr to stay.
the poeple pushing for Carr to go were, lets say more senior members of the club.
heres the problem, when our lads went down monday night, they dismissed the vote and went with their views and said our club would be voting no...
can this vote be counted??
is their any precident to this??

honestly this whole situation is making a laughing stock of the county, and could do serious damage to the IC team.
if they want to have a public vote it should be for county board officals

Its time to get super nanny in to sort out our county board.

mylestheslasher

The GAA is amateur and so can not have a written contract with a manager, therefore there can be no case of Carr getting a pay off to leave.

Salmon - That is a scandal but is typical. I remember when I was playing with the Leaguers there was an AGM every year and decisions were took but the real AGM happened afterwards in the pub when 3 or 4 lads who knew best decided what was done. I remember a famous case where we instructed 2 Co board delegates to vote a certain way at a CB meeting and they decided to do the opposite.

I hope Carr stays at this stage and learns that he has to wield a big axe left right and center.

I didn't push hard on the Oxygen thing but for me there is something wrong when a player like Dunne, about to get his first senior championship start, decides to go to Oxygen. All I can say if I was him I would no way be doing that. I seriuosly doubt if that would be tolerated at the Tyrones & Kerrys. It is also a very bad sign when young players are doing this as it shows the trend is going the wrong way.

What is obvious is that our CB is a joke and I hope that if nothing else clubs are taking note of this. How the hell do committee do a total 180 turn and then the chairman asks carr to quit, on whose authority does he do that? Boys are we some joke. Then there is King waiting in the shadow to put the icing on the cake.

jonb_cúl

Quote from: boojangles on July 28, 2009, 07:01:58 PM
Celt Man I don't know if you were the Cootehill delegate the other nite at the Minor Board meeting but I heard that the abuse Mr Argue gave to his own club delegate was a scandal,he said if it had have been him he would have got up and split him. I know of a fella that said he would definitely run against Mr Argue next year if he tries to get back in the Chair.

JonB Cul your dead rite about the County Board,I just despair of them at this stage. the crowds at some of the Championship matches over the weekend was embarassing. As mentioned already- Why not advertise all Championship games for a Fiver admission? Try and create some sort of a buzz about Club Football. You can bet there was no representative of the Senior Management at alot of Championship games also this weekend. Whole lot is a joke.

Listen Boojangles if they can't get their CB meetings right, now they're hardly going to care too much about the senior club championship within this county of ours!! A little bit of marketing, maybe incorporate the summer camp kids somehow with skill games at half time, the local press surely would allow some sort of advertising in their sport pages. Having said that, I was at the lacken vrs Killygarry & to be fair there was a large enough crowd. Don't know what it was like around the rest of the county thou.

Getting back to the Carr situation, only in this county would something so important be allowed to drag on & on without addressing it. Like to allow it go to the national press, allow involved parties (Both sides now) speak openingly & still do nothing shows they're either not up to the job or a total lack of professionalism or they simply don't care!!!
My our view at this stage is the latter, think about it for second, all that the county board personnel seem to do year in year out is play a little musical chairs every December!!!! its time the majority of positions were freshened up with new faces. the only place these new faces can come from is the club, but then again if we are to believe the poor communication path between CB and clubs this "fresh face" approach will be very diffcult to achieve!!!

CHRIST THIS FORUM CAN GET YOU GOING, SORRY LADS FOR GOING ON A BIT THERE!!!! :-X
Babs Keating

jonb_cúl

Any of you lads be viewing the HS forum? Just curious what everyones thoughts are on a certain Breffni Park employee voicing his views very publicly.

Just wondering your thoughts is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\
Babs Keating

mylestheslasher

Quote from: jonb_cúl on July 28, 2009, 08:36:12 PM
Any of you lads be viewing the HS forum? Just curious what everyones thoughts are on a certain Breffni Park employee voicing his views very publicly.

Just wondering your thoughts is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\

Sean o Rinn? Yeh, was reading what he had to say. Not too impressed with the management or players and didn't have a lot to say good about the selectors. Of course it could be someone using his name.

Denn Forever

Quote from: jonb_cúl on July 28, 2009, 04:22:23 PM
Well  lads, Another "newbie" for ye all to get to know!!!! I'm a long time listener, first time poster.

With regards to the Cavan situation, the CCB needs to take a good long look at themselves in fairness (like that's going to happen). If we were to look at them as if they were managing a company they large majority of them would be sacked by now. As they have full time staff working in there now why the hell shouldn't we ask for some sort of accountability.

Rant OVER

Welcome but just to let you know, Mr Pain is our official Ranter and only he can sign off with Rant Over. 

Though I'd say he is mightly pissed off and wondering can it get any worse (and yes it can cos we are Cavan).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

jonb_cúl

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 28, 2009, 09:52:52 PM
Quote from: jonb_cúl on July 28, 2009, 04:22:23 PM

Rant OVER

Welcome but just to let you know, Mr Pain is our official Ranter and only he can sign off with Rant Over. 

Though I'd say he is mightly pissed off and wondering can it get any worse (and yes it can cos we are Cavan).

Thanks for the welcome, I do apologies for the use of Mr Pain signature signing off!!!!! Those words will never leave my keyboard again
POST OVER ;D
Babs Keating

Mr Miyagi

Miyagi read papers today and Miyagi had to stop working. Head in hands in disbelief they went.

Miyagi thinks the CB are a disgrace and would like Danielson to get his hands on them and kick them out of power.

For too long have they been ruining Miyagi's dreams.

Miyagi does not know Mr Carr but he is glad that the man has refused to be bullied by a bunch of people with noodles for brains. 

Miyagi hopes clubs think sensibly and be rational. Stability is needed I think.

Perhaps allow Mr Carr another chance. Change his back-room team and get more people in around him. For two brains is better than one.

Miyagi is good friends with a Cavan Gaels player, he once coached him, and he think that Mr Carr is very good in areas but thinks he needs stronger characters around him to help in areas he not so good at. This make sense to everyonebody?

Miyagi would also like to say that if someone from his Karate club went to Classical Music concert night before tournament, he would kick them out of group and not let them back in even if they offered I a free lifetime supply of Chicken Curry.

All for one and one for all is my adopted motto.

BallyhaiseMan

Tommy refused to resign!!!  :D
Im liking Tommy Carr more and more,its great hes not letting those useless shower of b*astards away easily by leaving.
Anyone see any possibilities within these chain of events,that Carr stays,and some or all of the main moutpieces of the county board get gate?
That would be the perfect scenario for me.