Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

By the way, does anybody know what happens if teams finish on the same amount of points in a group?Is it scoring difference, head to head result or a playoff?

Babe Ruth 47

Quote from: put-it-up on July 26, 2009, 09:26:55 PM
Enda something, can't think of his surname..

Knockbride -v- Cootehill was  a poor game. No real stand out performances, Larry got a few points.

Tierney and McCutcheon played midfield, neither made a big impression.

So we have all our club-games going on and no county manager watching them. Super stuff from the CB.

Mulvany???

Babe Ruth 47

Quote from: RednBlack on July 27, 2009, 08:45:24 AM
Yeah Enda Mulvany is our PRO and Juv Sec. God I would hate to see the club lose him to the CB. He has changed a lot of attitudes around our place. He would be way too professional for that lot. Don't think they could handle his work ethic!!!  ;D The man never stops. He helps out a lot with Coaching and Games and was the guy who organised and ran that World record thing. He is a massive GAA man. Developed the whole skills blitz idea as well. Would fairly shake things up but I don't think the club would let him go.

Now RednBlack, self praise is no praise ;D ;D ;D

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 26, 2009, 09:31:09 PM
By the way, does anybody know what happens if teams finish on the same amount of points in a group?Is it scoring difference, head to head result or a playoff?

Id say you will beat Drumgoon so wont have to worry bout that.  Id imagine it will end up in playoffs though.

Drung

Did Enda Mulvaney go for the full-time secretary's job when it was up recently?

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on July 27, 2009, 03:03:24 PM
Did Enda Mulvaney go for the full-time secretary's job when it was up recently?

Yep, and I was told that despite being the most impressive of the interviewed applicants he didn't get it. Funmy enough the man that did get it had the least impressive CV. Tis all who you know isn't it?

Is it really play-offs? We are just going to end up a loaf of extra games! We will still be playing in Oct ;D

Celt_Man

Quote from: Drung on July 26, 2009, 04:07:50 PM
I heard Cullivan had a great game? ???
Who did all the scoring for the Gaels, I heard Forde was excellent.

On a sidenote, 5ft 4" and about 7 stone Paddy McEntee scored 0-2 from play against Drumgoon for Drung on Friday night!!! Fair play to the lad.

He gave our county corner back a bit of a roasting in fact - not a bad wee player
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2009, 03:17:25 PM
Quote from: Drung on July 26, 2009, 04:07:50 PM
I heard Cullivan had a great game? ???
Who did all the scoring for the Gaels, I heard Forde was excellent.

On a sidenote, 5ft 4" and about 7 stone Paddy McEntee scored 0-2 from play against Drumgoon for Drung on Friday night!!! Fair play to the lad.

He gave our county corner back a bit of a roasting in fact - not a bad wee player

Who played well for Drung i have been away and havent being talking to anyone.

Celt_Man

Mickey McEntee played well marking Fannin, Philly Monaghan went through a site of work around the middle of the field, Alan Curran kicked a few lovely scores I suppose the two O'Rourke's had fair games up front too. the full back finbarr reilly had a serious game too

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2009, 03:37:55 PM
Mickey McEntee played well marking Fannin, Philly Monaghan went through a site of work around the middle of the field, Alan Curran kicked a few lovely scores I suppose the two O'Rourke's had fair games up front too. the full back finbarr reilly had a serious game too

Thanks

boojangles

Niall O Rourke is a big addition for Drung,Great to see him back playing after being out for so long.His free-taking was very impressive.Drung were the hungrier team and that was the difference.Was very disappointed in Drumgoon.Will be suprised if they make it past a Semi-Final stage,going on that performance.

Lavey looked very impressive against Killeshandra.even without Sean Maguire who had to go off in the 1st half. Stephen?? Jordan at midfield was outstanding,while Joey was very solid and the other Jordan at Full-Forward,Darren?? was excellent also.They seem to have rectified some of their wayward shooting as some of their point taking was top drawer.Lavey were by far the better team and it sets up an exciting clash with them and Ballyhaise.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2009, 07:14:47 PM

Niall O Rourke is a big addition for Drung,Great to see him back playing after being out for so long.His free-taking was very impressive.Drung were the hungrier team and that was the difference.Was very disappointed in Drumgoon.Will be suprised if they make it past a Semi-Final stage,going on that performance.

Lavey looked very impressive against Killeshandra.even without Sean Maguire who had to go off in the 1st half. Stephen?? Jordan at midfield was outstanding,while Joey was very solid and the other Jordan at Full-Forward,Darren?? was excellent also.They seem to have rectified some of their wayward shooting as some of their point taking was top drawer.Lavey were by far the better team and it sets up an exciting clash with them and Ballyhaise.
Why are people always talking about Drumgoon in the championship? Since they were back in the Intermediate they haven't got past the quarter finals - they mightn't even make it that far this year

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2009, 07:23:27 PM

Why are people always talking about Drumgoon in the championship? Since they were back in the Intermediate they haven't got past the quarter finals - they mightn't even make it that far this year

They will hav to beat BBoro now to go through.havent seen Bailieboro dis year but they seem to b going well.I expected Drumgoon to beat Drung TBH,they beat them in the League only last week.But as we all know Championship is a different animal altogether.Drumgoon at times just didnt look interested. How did Knockbride look Celt Man? seen them against Drumlane and they didnt really impress.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2009, 07:31:02 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2009, 07:23:27 PM

They will hav to beat BBoro now to go through.havent seen Bailieboro dis year but they seem to b going well.I expected Drumgoon to beat Drung TBH,they beat them in the League only last week.But as we all know Championship is a different animal altogether.Drumgoon at times just didnt look interested. How did Knockbride look Celt Man? seen them against Drumlane and they didnt really impress.
The league result went against them big time - have a feeling they thought they would just have to turn up and get the win... Knockbride looked good and not so good at the same time... we never got going - played against a strong enough wind in the first half with Larry and Peter kicking some tidy scores then our captain got wrongly sent off - ref reacted to the knockbride management making a big deal out of a yellow card challenge at best. We never got close enough in the second half to trouble them - Peter kicked some lovely frees against the wind off the ground

boojangles

So yous have to win your last game against Drumlane to progress? Should b an interesting one considering the past history between the 2 clubs!
I wonder is there any word from the meeting tonight yet? Just heard there who the Oxygen Four are! Im sure people hav already heard who most of them are anyway. People can say what they like about amateur players should b allowed do what they like but at the end of the day I think it is a disgrace and them boys need to hav a serious look at themselves.If my club was playin the same weekend,I wouldnt dream of going near a gig the day before.