Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on July 25, 2009, 03:14:04 PM
QuoteJust saw a story in the story about 3 lads being at Oxegen before the Cavan game..

My best guess at what you're trying to say is: Just saw a story in the story newspaper about 3 lads being at Oxegen before the Cavan Wicklow game?
Is it true Carr is for the boot? Quick fix.

My bad Drung, was typing as I was runnin out the door!

Yeah anyway that is in the Star on the bottom right of a right sided page. Why would the county PRO release that information. Talk about undermining Carr in the public sphere.

and I just heard that Carr was voted out by the executive comitee...Absolute bull-shit

Back to square one

put-it-up

Lawrence of Knockbride

Just back from watching Lavey ease past Killeshandra. As we were set the task of finding new talent, and although he's well known, how has Finbar Jordan not been called up? Every time I see him he's class. Size is against him I'll admit but surely he should be in there. I heard Gaynor & Rabbitte got the line early in the other game but didn't catch the score. I think Denn were winning easy too against Kingscourt which is sort of a shock isn't it? Drumalee & Ballyhaise drew so it's 2 from 3 in that group.

boojangles

Lavey bet Killeshandra by 7 or 8 points.Declan McKiernan was missing,apparently he went off on holidays, for their biggest game of the year. ::)
Drumalee and Ballyhaise drew.
Gaels hammered Ballinagh,Gaynor and Rabbitte got gate after 3 minutes.

cavan4sam

Lawrence, Finbar is a good player alright but nowhere near what is required for county football. I seen him against us about 3 weeks ago and i actually thought he was terrible, I couldn't believe how far down hill he had gone. He was about a stone over weight as well. Any other results lads??

Does anyone think the gaels will be stopped??

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on July 25, 2009, 09:17:33 PM
Lavey bet Killeshandra by 7 or 8 points.Declan McKiernan was missing,apparently he went off on holidays, for their biggest game of the year. ::)
Drumalee and Ballyhaise drew.
Gaels hammered Ballinagh,Gaynor and Rabbitte got gate after 3 minutes.
Heard that alright Boojangles. Booked it about 2 weeks ago knowing the game was on while others had rearrangd theirs. How much did Gaels win by?
C4S, he is a little overweight although he's small so it might show up worse. I disagree that he's well short (in quality). Compared to who? Brides, Hannon, Podge. Bring him in and get him fit I say.

Celt_Man

Kill beat Laragh by three points with no injury time points sealing it for them... Laragh were looking good till they had a man sent off with about 12 minutes to go.  Denn won well too... Heard Bailirboro won fairly handy against Ballymachugh
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

If Denn won last night, it looks like I'm not going to their games! 

Lucky I was down the country but I'm not superstitious.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

put-it-up

Yeah, i heard the county PRO is trying to get into the chairman's seat. I think it is about time there was a reshuffle in there. I'd be happy enough with Smith staying but I would like the rest of them gone.

Bboro won easily yesterday. Ballymachugh's full back line was awful and just leaked goals.  5-10 to 2-2 i think it was.

Swad cruised past Shercock in the game before.

13e into Breffni....Clearly they are taking the piss

Drung

I heard Cullivan had a great game? ???
Who did all the scoring for the Gaels, I heard Forde was excellent.

On a sidenote, 5ft 4" and about 7 stone Paddy McEntee scored 0-2 from play against Drumgoon for Drung on Friday night!!! Fair play to the lad.

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on July 26, 2009, 05:46:25 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 26, 2009, 12:21:07 PM
Yeah, i heard the county PRO is trying to get into the chairman's seat. I think it is about time there was a reshuffle in there. I'd be happy enough with Smith staying but I would like the rest of them gone.

Bboro won easily yesterday. Ballymachugh's full back line was awful and just leaked goals.  5-10 to 2-2 i think it was.

Swad cruised past Shercock in the game before.

13e into Breffni....Clearly they are taking the piss
The extra 3 euros is to pay off TC!!!!!!!!

I agree put it up.....I believe Phil Smith is a good man but there is a shower in there that needs to be shifted..........latest news I heard was there was a major crush last week in the Breffni Park office with CB members fighting over U2 tickets.........definitely no line on the horizon with these folks.

To pay TC off they would need to charge in more than 13e..sure there was only about 100 at the game!

Yeah I think Phil is a genuine Cavan supporter and wants the best, but others in their are on ego trips. Gillick putting the Oxegen story into the public sphere is a disgrace. Should be ran out for that but sure he will prob end up as Chairman. Bloody politics.

From what I hear, a new secretary would not do any harm either.

I have spoken to a few people about this and they all came back with one name they would like to see get it. He is from your own club RnB.

Drung

QuoteGillick putting the Oxegen story into the public sphere is a disgrace

We don't know this for sure put-it-up (I don't anyway, maybe you have heard something?). It could well have been that someone from The Star rang him having heard it, it was common knowledge since the Wicklow game.
A clear-out of the board would be no harm all the same. We need strong leadership from the top and there are very few strong leaders there at the minute. Then again, who is there out there?
Cliques are unhealthy, be it in business or sport, in my opinion.

Getting away from all of this negativity, anyone hear of any good performances by new players thus far? Sean Reilly was very good for the Gaels I have been told.

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on July 26, 2009, 06:30:05 PM
QuoteGillick putting the Oxegen story into the public sphere is a disgrace

We don't know this for sure put-it-up (I don't anyway, maybe you have heard something?). It could well have been that someone from The Star rang him having heard it, it was common knowledge since the Wicklow game.
A clear-out of the board would be no harm all the same. We need strong leadership from the top and there are very few strong leaders there at the minute. Then again, who is there out there?
Cliques are unhealthy, be it in business or sport, in my opinion.

Getting away from all of this negativity, anyone hear of any good performances by new players thus far? Sean Reilly was very good for the Gaels I have been told.

Yeah perhaps I phrased my point wrong. But in the Star is said the County PRO said it on Northern sound. If it is true, the lads that done it should be given some kick up the back-side!

The Bailieborough midfielder Ollie Kelleher was very impressive in the air and was a good bit over 6 foot.

Just heading down to Knockbride and Cootehill now. Want to see how John Tierney gets on. Will let ya's know.

Ramor kicked two injury time goals to draw with CUCU's. There was a masssive brawl involving at least 28 lads  ;D

put-it-up

Enda something, can't think of his surname..

Knockbride -v- Cootehill was  a poor game. No real stand out performances, Larry got a few points.

Tierney and McCutcheon played midfield, neither made a big impression.

So we have all our club-games going on and no county manager watching them. Super stuff from the CB.