Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Ah well that's better so, a joint management team-McIlkennon/Cassidy and Keogan/Grimley like, first case the right men doing the wrong job, second case nobody could tell where the buck stopped. Is it too early to feck off to the boozer?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 02:30:48 PM
Ah well that's better so, a joint management team-McIlkennon/Cassidy and Keogan/Grimley like, first case the right men doing the wrong job, second case nobody could tell where the buck stopped. Is it too early to feck off to the boozer?

No I heard like Stephen King and Ciaran Brady doing it together..Don't know what way that would work either!

Yeah it is a little too early for pints, wait unttil 5!

anglocelt39

Quote from: put-it-up on July 24, 2009, 02:45:16 PM

No I heard like Stephen King and Ciaran Brady doing it together..Don't know what way that would work either!

Might be a job in it for our own Myles as communications officer, or dealing with the joint management team's expenses................

anglocelt39

Yeah it is a little too early for pints, wait unttil 5

Pedal to the metal and i could be in Nixy's by 8

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 02:58:04 PM

Yeah and we could hire Hollow Man to watch over and make  sure he does everything ok and spells everything properly!

Do you still return home AC 39, at the weekend's?

I have no idea who you are ;D

Might be a job in it for our own Myles as communications officer, or dealing with the joint management team's expenses................

anglocelt39

spent a sum total of 24 hours in the old home town in the last two years Put it Up, so you're excused..............

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 03:24:43 PM
spent a sum total of 24 hours in the old home town in the last two years Put it Up, so you're excused..............

That is just not good enough I am afraid. There is a Christmas in July party in Failte tonight with tunes being played by the world-renonwed DJ Lawless. Surely you could return for that  ;D ;D

anglocelt39

Charlies gawson? FFS. My remaining family ties up there would be to a different sort of DJ/event manager no less, plying his trade in  the big smoke now.

cavanmaniac

Clubs voting for Carr out? Well there was a rump of them wanted McHugh out in his time there, same with Val Andrews, so if they're wont to get rid of decent ones, they might as well go the whole hog and dump out anyone who so much as fails to win an All-Ireland in their first year.

We're a national f**king embarrassment both on and off the field, if it wasn't for Kilkenny we'd be the most hopeless and hapless football team in the country. I think I'll just leave the lunatics to run the asylum and waste no more of my time worrying about them, the clowns.

put-it-up

Too many dreamers and not enough realists...

Most of us here are realists, pith the CB officials are not the same

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 02:58:04 PM

No thanks. One of those gentlemen (nickname begins with DICK) would be looking for expenses that would make a corrupt politician green with envy. I haven't enough digits on my calculator.

Another embarrassing event in Cavan history is about to happen. The vote will probably not be passed, but just as in the past it may be enough to force carr to walk. And what do we do then???

BallyhaiseMan

i said if before,i would rather see half the county board(and youth board by the sounds of what Rednblack has said) get the chop than Carr.
They are a worthless shower,
from appointing Keoghan over Damien Cassidy,
to outsourcing the search for our senior manager to sportstracker.
Their activities would have been laughable if they were not so detrimental to football in this county.

tierworker blue

Ah Jebus...here we go again. Christ, 'tis a frustrating set up...it'd just wear you down, eh?! Surely, I was hoping for a better impact from TC, but the county board and the clubs need a good look in the mirror now...continuously scapegoating manager after manager will never get us anywhere. The problems are waaaay deeper than that. Man...we're some joke atm!
That par-tay in Failte sounds like just what the doctor ordered right now Put it up!

Celt_Man

Quote from: RednBlack on July 24, 2009, 03:48:13 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 02:11:56 PM
Jesus christ I've heard it all  now, well why would we be surprised after the way Val Andrews was treated. I've got this sinking feeling the clubs tabling the motion aren't going to be rollng out Mickey Harte or Joe Kernan or McGeeney_Grimley as proposed replacements.

How do you get a no confidence motion up for the entire County Board/about one third of the current senior panel

Five clubs?? ok we can take it some of our stars have mandated Gowna to go with it. Others?

Shame more clubs hadn't the balls last night to take on Chairman Argue at Youth Board level and the shambles they are creating at U16 and Minor level.

League only finished last week and a lot of families have gone away now on hols or lads to the Gaeltacht. Mr Argue wants the Master Fixture plan to be adhered to hence Championship starts next week and feck everyone else. A few clubs spoke up but an awful lot kept their mouths shut. Even board members said afterwards that the ideas put forward made sense but the puppets wouldn't challenge Mao.

Mao's last mouthful before he closed the meeting was that the Minor Champ would be put back a couple of weeks so where his is Master Fixture plan with that.

Bunch of gobshites.

On the TC front what manager of any standard in their right mind would come to Cavan with the mindset of clubs here. The same people will bitch and moan in the background and send motions to County Board and still allow their players drink themselves silly and generally only concern themselves with their own little parish. Whether I believe in TC or not I don't think even Mickey Harte or Mick O'Dwyer would perform miracles with our players after 24 odd weeks or so with them.

This county is depressing.

Ahh look it RednBlack, I didn't know whether to cry last night or go round up a few good old boys for a auld fashion lynchin... Our Under 16 team was placed in Division 3 for the league despite our pleas to be put in Division 4 (because of the 13 a side)... we played 4 games, hammered in every one of them, our first game a player got injured and had to come off so we played the whole second half with 14 players.... Another game we could only manage to get 14 and played the whole game like that.... We couldn't get anywhere near 15 players for the 3 games after the Junior Cert, we had players away on holidays and our Under 14 players weren't available - we probably couldn't have got even 8 or 9 players... I honestly thought they would be no problem and we would be relegated to Division 4.... Imagine my surprise when we were still in Division 3 for the Championship. 
So basically the Youth Board are saying that we got beaten in the 4 games we played - playing a game and half with 14 men due to lack of numbers - and couldn't field a team in the other 3 and that that form is good enough to stay in the same Division.
WHY ARE WE SURPRISED THAT FOOTBALL IS GOING AS BAD AS IT IS WITH PEOPLE MAKING DECISIONS LIKE THIS...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Ah jesus christ. Anyway lads its not all bad news for ye on here. I've had enough and am taking a Hollow Man sabbatical so enjoy a bit more peace. So just grant me one last rant.

Turn the clock back a short while to 2004. We had a top class management team-Coleman (RIP) and McIlkennon. We were beating Down, We were putting it right up to Tyrone, Derry, Armagh. We had lads that could defend and put themselves about a bit-Rabbitte, Crowe, Crotty. We had options at midfield-McCabe, Mckenna, Paddy Brady (?!); Eamon had Ger Pierson and Mckeever on fire. he plucked Lyng and Gaynor from a minor team and had them looking like part of a serious future for Cavan football. We pushed Down massively in an Under 21 final which could have been won.

In short, we had the makings of a serious platform.

What have we got since then, courtesy of our County Board:

A management team of McIlkennon and Cassidy-right men in the wrong places;
A management team of Keogan and Grimley_we never got to the bottom of who was in charge:
A management team of Keogan and some other bloke.
Tommy Carr-the worst thing you can say about Tommy's reign to date is that some people are speaking fondly about DK.

So, if the County Board sanction Tommys departure, they are admitting to 4 failed management appointments and delivering our senior county team from being a promising, emerging outfit to being a fairly dispirited, gutless outfit that any County in Ireland (except maybe Kilkenny) would fancy their chances against.

Will the County board stand aside, doesn't seem like it. The only hope is that the Sponsors, the Dublin Supporters Club and a few other sources of finance withold the funds until there are sweeping changes at County Board level. Radical I know but what other way there is I'm not sure.

Enjoy the summer, keep the club reports posted