big balla

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 23, 2009, 07:47:22 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 23, 2009, 06:32:09 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:16:24 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:11:17 PM
Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

PS Good to see ye all back  ;D

Theres a blast from the past RednBlack!!!!
He was a very good footballer on his day.
Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

How long has Coffey being away, what age is he now?

Pickett was never away to long was he?

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

Well thats fair enough but the Killygarry thing seems a bit desperate to me. 
Hav to agree there.I wouldnt b pleased if I was training and playing all year for some outsider to come in and take my place,even as a sub.

I agree Boojangles and it's typical of the elitism virus that runs through GAA IMO. Win at all costs and no thought given to the effort being made by the less talented but equally dedicated club members.
On another note, does anyone know the schedule of club games after this weekend. I thought I heard that there were no more league games until after the championship but does that mean that the final round is on the bank holiday weekend?
in fairness you have to put out your strongest team  and if that means playing someone who has been away for whatever reason, you should play them. you
cant play a lad who's not up to scratch just because he's trained all year. i think most lads would understand if its for the good of the team

put-it-up

Quote from: big balla on July 23, 2009, 08:44:54 PM
Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

Hav to agree there.I wouldnt b pleased if I was training and playing all year for some outsider to come in and take my place,even as a sub.

I agree Boojangles and it's typical of the elitism virus that runs through GAA IMO. Win at all costs and no thought given to the effort being made by the less talented but equally dedicated club members.
On another note, does anyone know the schedule of club games after this weekend. I thought I heard that there were no more league games until after the championship but does that mean that the final round is on the bank holiday weekend?
in fairness you have to put out your strongest team  and if that means playing someone who has been away for whatever reason, you should play them. you
cant play a lad who's not up to scratch just because he's trained all year. i think most lads would understand if its for the good of the team

So your saying all the good players don't need to train or put in the effort because they are naturally better than others...exactly the problem with Cavan football.

mylestheslasher

I would totally disagree with that statement.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Yeah what each club should do is tell 15 lads in February to keep themselves fit and they'll play every game. No need for competition for places or desire to win. Just a comfort zone for a big click. Maybe Carr should just get all the 97 lads back. Sorry Big Balla but to say I think your point is bullshit is and understatement.
Oh,just seeing that someone beat me to it.

put-it-up

So your saying all the good players don't need to train or put in the effort because they are naturally better than others...exactly the problem with Cavan football.

big balla

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 23, 2009, 08:56:56 PM

Yeah what each club should do is tell 15 lads in February to keep themselves fit and they'll play every game. No need for competition for places or desire to win. Just a comfort zone for a big click. Maybe Carr should just get all the 97 lads back. Sorry Big Balla but to say I think your point is bullshit is and understatement.
Oh,just seeing that someone beat me to it.
if he's match fit and is doin better than other lads in training then of course he should get a place, if he deserves it. im not saying there should be a place kept for him all the time but if he's good enough he deserves it. and its nothing to do with winning at all costs either. your basically saying that anyone who has been away for work or whatever shouldn't be let come back and expect a fair shot at a place on the team just because  fellas who have been at home all year have trained with the team. that is dung talk. if he came back a stone overweight and was gettin cleaned out in training it'd be a totally different story, but red'n black has said he's flying fit and was playing football recently enough. he obviously put in the effort when he was away. do you not think he put in the effort in years gone by to allow him a fair chance to compete for a place? and extra lads on the squad will only improve competition, how you think it reduces it is beyond me

big balla

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 09:12:52 PM
thats not what im saying at all, red n black already said he's in great shape, he has obviously put in the effort, just did it away from home

boojangles

Quote from: big balla on July 23, 2009, 09:27:43 PM
thats not what im saying at all, red n black already said he's in great shape, he has obviously put in the effort, just did it away from home

Jamie Coffey hasnt played wit Killygarry in 4-5 years? correct me if Im wrong.No disrespect to the fella,he used to coach me at Primary school level, he is a sound man and was a good footballer in his day,but if Killygarry need to b gettin him back then there is something wrong.Thats no disrespect RedNBlack but Im sure you agree.
Big Balla if there is a lad that has put in great service for a number of years for his club and for some reason missed part of the year but came back and was as fit as everyone,then he should be considered.But if in a case like this,I dont think there can be any argument.At this stage Jamie Coffey is not a Killygarry man,and I cant see how anyone could be happy about it.

anglocelt39

BJ without knowing his personal circumstances I wouldn't say Jamie Coffey isn't a Killygarry man because he hasn't been around for 3/4 years. The way this feckin country is going towards banana republic status clubs will be damn glad to get blokes back who have been away 3/4 years, maybe longer. If he goes down, does the training, judge him on his merits.

Similarly, if young Reilly from the Stars goes and wins a few AFL flags with Melbourne and after 10 years decides he wants to do a Tadhg Kennelly and achieve what Uncle Jim did not achieve, let him come home, try out and if he's good enough give him his chance.

Don't want to be a bore about this but I lived away for long enough during the pre Tiger days, there were any number of Jamie Coffey types who would have killed to be back at home doing their bit, that day has returned so we may as well get used to it.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

big balla

Quote from: boojangles on July 23, 2009, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: big balla on July 23, 2009, 09:27:43 PM

Jamie Coffey hasnt played wit Killygarry in 4-5 years? correct me if Im wrong.No disrespect to the fella,he used to coach me at Primary school level, he is a sound man and was a good footballer in his day,but if Killygarry need to b gettin him back then there is something wrong.Thats no disrespect RedNBlack but Im sure you agree.
Big Balla if there is a lad that has put in great service for a number of years for his club and for some reason missed part of the year but came back and was as fit as everyone,then he should be considered.But if in a case like this,I dont think there can be any argument.At this stage Jamie Coffey is not a Killygarry man,and I cant see how anyone could be happy about it.
not a killygarry man?? thats absolutely outrageous boojangles. anglocelt just hit the nail on the head, i hope you have the cop to see how stupid, and insulting, that is. he's not the first man to head to london to work and he wont be the last. if the shoe was on the other foot would you be as quick to accept that you were no longer from drumalee? i'm sure if you thought you could come back and help your club you'd jump at the chance in the same situation. your usually level headed enough when hollowman isnt about but that is total bullshit,your worst ever post

Babe Ruth 47

Well said lads, once a Killygarry man always a Killygarry man, once a Lacken man always a Lacken man, once a Maghera man always a Maghera man etc........ It's your club, 3-4 years over by doesn't break that bond. I wish him the best of luck.

Drung

I agree, he gave outstanding service to Killygarry and almost won them the intermediate on his own, he was unreal at club level. I remember he scored 1-8 from midfield in the Div Two league final that year as well.
He was flying over and back from London to play for them for years and owes Killygarry nothing. Fair play to him and good luck to him.

put-it-up

From the HS.

Looks the the conversation I heard in Cavan a couple of weeks ago was true....

Carr faces club revolt

Tommy Carr could be forced out of the Cavan football manager's position next Monday night.

It's believed that at least five clubs will table a motion of no confidence in the former Dublin and Roscommon boss at a county board meeting in the Kilmore Hotel. Carr has been barely in charge of the Breffni County for nine months, during which they struggled in Division 3 of the NFL and were knocked out of the Ulster championship and All-Ireland qualifiers by Division 4 sides Antrim and Wicklow respectively.

The county board executive met on Wednesday night and will make contact with Carr in the coming days to inform him of the feeling at grassroots level.

anglocelt39

Jesus christ I've heard it all  now, well why would we be surprised after the way Val Andrews was treated. I've got this sinking feeling the clubs tabling the motion aren't going to be rollng out Mickey Harte or Joe Kernan or McGeeney_Grimley as proposed replacements.

How do you get a no confidence motion up for the entire County Board/about one third of the current senior panel

Five clubs?? ok we can take it some of our stars have mandated Gowna to go with it. Others?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 24, 2009, 02:11:56 PM
Jesus christ I've heard it all  now, well why would we be surprised after the way Val Andrews was treated. I've got this sinking feeling the clubs tabling the motion aren't going to be rollng out Mickey Harte or Joe Kernan or McGeeney_Grimley as proposed replacements.

How do you get a no confidence motion up for the entire County Board/about one third of the current senior panel

Five clubs?? ok we can take it some of our stars have mandated Gowna to go with it. Others?

Looks like we are going to be back to square one now.

That is the annoying thing, they will be happy enough to run him out but I doubt very much there will be a big name replacement lined up. I have a feeling clubs will try get a Cavan man back in the job. I don't agree with it but from stuff I've heard I got a few mentions of a joined management team. If that is the case, who has the final say you know?

I'm honestly not sure how the no confidence thing works to be honest.

I duno what clubs are unhappy either. Gowna I am sure. I imagine the other clubs will have members on the CB that are very unhappy you know?