Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Pain

Po Po Po Poker Face! Apologies, one of the Paininis was listening to that GoGo song in the car this morning. Mrs. Pain had to smack that ass. You did well so Slut-It-Up? So, the club championship proper returns to our fields. Well it's about time Mr. Pain hears you yell. Crazy things have happening already - Killygarry importing coffey from England, players off to Australia and New Zealand and Hollow Man retiring from the board. It's been a hectic week. Just a matter of interest Booj - what kind of deal did you cut with Hollow Man? Sex, drugs, gates? Mr. Pain is interested. Ballyhaise to win, Lacken to win with the Crowes grounding Coffey, Bailieboro to win despite themselves, Lavey to win, Arva to win, Redhills to win. More to follow. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

jimjim

Gowna v Castlerahan - Castlerahan
Drumgoon v Drung - Goonies
Cavan Gaels v Ballinagh - Gaels
Denn v Kingscourt - Kingscourt.
Drumalee v Ballyhaise - Ballyhaise
Lavey v Killeshandra - Killeshandra
Laragh v Kill - Laragh
Ballymachugh v Bailieboro - Draw
Shercock v Swanlinbar - Swad
Arva v Shannon Gaels - Shannon Gaels
Butlersbridge v Templeport - Bridge.
Redhills v Belturbet - Belturbet
Cuchulainns v Ramor -Cucu
Mullahoran v Crosserlough - Mullahorn
Knockbride v Cootehill - Knockbride
Munterconnacht v Cavan Gaels - Gaels

put-it-up

Quote from: Mr. Pain on July 23, 2009, 10:02:06 AM
Po Po Po Poker Face! Apologies, one of the Paininis was listening to that GoGo song in the car this morning. Mrs. Pain had to smack that ass. You did well so Slut-It-Up? So, the club championship proper returns to our fields. Well it's about time Mr. Pain hears you yell. Crazy things have happening already - Killygarry importing coffey from England, players off to Australia and New Zealand and Hollow Man retiring from the board. It's been a hectic week. Just a matter of interest Booj - what kind of deal did you cut with Hollow Man? Sex, drugs, gates? Mr. Pain is interested. Ballyhaise to win, Lacken to win with the Crowes grounding Coffey, Bailieboro to win despite themselves, Lavey to win, Arva to win, Redhills to win. More to follow. Rant over!

Yep it went well for me. With my Bruce Willis glasses nobody could read my eyes ;D

I also stick on my my portbale casseste player and listen to Pokerface and The Gambler on repeat. You gotta know when to hold and know when too fold them!

However, it is championship time so I will quit the jibber-jabber.

Can't see anyone stopping the Gaels but would love see Redhills or Kingscourt make the final. Ballyhaise are my tip for the IFC and at junior, I would go for Shannon Gaels, though I think the Bridge will give them a run for their money.

And remember everyone keep your eyes open for new talent. Especially Midfielders and CF's!

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 01:22:12 PM

Can't see anyone stopping the Gaels but would love see Redhills or Kingscourt make the final. Ballyhaise are my tip for the IFC and at junior, I would go for Shannon Gaels, though I think the Bridge will give them a run for their money.

And remember everyone keep your eyes open for new talent. Especially Midfielders and CF's!

Id take a full back if your looking.

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

I didn't think I needed to say we were looking for one of them....it is just so obvious ;D Either Smith from Killygarry or Lavey would be my choices. I'd give both them a chance. Wouldn't get rid of Dermot of the panel, he is more of a natural WB and has a very good attitude. The boy from Kingscourt is good but he done his cruciate so we wont see him again this year.

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 02:34:41 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2009, 01:53:32 PM

I didn't think I needed to say we were looking for one of them....it is just so obvious ;D Either Smith from Killygarry or Lavey would be my choices. I'd give both them a chance. Wouldn't get rid of Dermot of the panel, he is more of a natural WB and has a very good attitude. The boy from Kingscourt is good but he done his cruciate so we wont see him again this year.

What do you think of your chances against ballymachugh?

put-it-up

Dunno to be honest, going to be a very tough game for our lads.

They don't give much away easily, so the sleeves will have to be rolled up I would imagine!

Where do your allegiances lie may i ask, can't remember!

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 03:06:17 PM

They don't give much away easily, so the sleeves will have to be rolled up I would imagine!

I dont think ballymachugh are up to much to be honest but they are always hard to beat in the championship.  Im from Drung so a ballmachugh win would leave the group wide open but i cant see it happen.

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2009, 03:10:48 PM

I dont think ballymachugh are up to much to be honest but they are always hard to beat in the championship.  Im from Drung so a ballmachugh win would leave the group wide open but i cant see it happen.

What did you think of our game against yourselves a few weeks ago? No they never are great but it always a dogged fight to get past them, and as I said we have a few major injury concerns.

All will be revealed fairly soon! :D

How is Watters?

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 03:20:43 PM

What did you think of our game against yourselves a few weeks ago? No they never are great but it always a dogged fight to get past them, and as I said we have a few major injury concerns.

How is Watters?

Paddy Bird won it for you, if he was stopped it would have been close.  Watters was a big lose and wont be back till next year.

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2009, 03:28:15 PM

How is Watters?

Paddy Bird won it for you, if he was stopped it would have been close.  Watters was a big lose and wont be back till next year.

We are without Bird for four weeks..he got sent off at a junior game  >:(

Big problem for us!!!!

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 23, 2009, 03:39:16 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2009, 03:28:15 PM

How is Watters?

We are without Bird for four weeks..he got sent off at a junior game  >:(

Big problem for us!!!!

Same happened our Full Back and he missed the game against yourselves.  Id worry about where you are going to get scores from now.

put-it-up

That is if they come from anywhere ;D

Big test for our other forwards!

Looking forward to seeing a couple of games over the weekend now

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:16:24 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:11:17 PM
Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

PS Good to see ye all back  ;D

Theres a blast from the past RednBlack!!!!
He was a very good footballer on his day.
Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

How long has Coffey being away, what age is he now?

Pickett was never away to long was he?

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

Well thats fair enough but the Killygarry thing seems a bit desperate to me. 
Hav to agree there.I wouldnt b pleased if I was training and playing all year for some outsider to come in and take my place,even as a sub.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on July 23, 2009, 06:32:09 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:16:24 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:11:17 PM
Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

PS Good to see ye all back  ;D

Theres a blast from the past RednBlack!!!!
He was a very good footballer on his day.
Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

How long has Coffey being away, what age is he now?

Pickett was never away to long was he?

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

Well thats fair enough but the Killygarry thing seems a bit desperate to me. 
Hav to agree there.I wouldnt b pleased if I was training and playing all year for some outsider to come in and take my place,even as a sub.

I agree Boojangles and it's typical of the elitism virus that runs through GAA IMO. Win at all costs and no thought given to the effort being made by the less talented but equally dedicated club members.
On another note, does anyone know the schedule of club games after this weekend. I thought I heard that there were no more league games until after the championship but does that mean that the final round is on the bank holiday weekend?