Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 22, 2009, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:03:01 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 10:58:25 PM
Can we get back to football?

Heard Jelly is away to New Zealand in the next couple of weeks. That will be difficult for the Gaels with Lyng injured and Walsh struggling.
Jelly will be a serious loss as will Lyng.
Dont think Walsh is that big of a miss.
a Few Gaels lads ive spoken to dont think he should be on the Gaels team at least not at midfield anyway.
If they havent lost some of their young talent like,McClarey,Niall Smith,Niall Murray, Maloney Derham,Martin Dunne to the States or Canada for the summer and combined with Experienced lads like Cormac Nelligan,i think they will be fine.
I'd have to agree after seeing quite a bit of the first round of champioship matches. I don't too many will trouble them unless Castlerathan had a lot in reserve against Ramor, which I don't think they did.

Anyone think that Redhills could bother them now that Gumley is back?

the salmon of knowledge

Heard Jelly is away to New Zealand in the next couple of weeks. That will be difficult for the Gaels with Lyng injured and Walsh struggling.
a Few Gaels lads ive spoken to dont think he should be on the Gaels team at least not at midfield anyway.
If they havent lost some of their young talent like,McClarey,Niall Smith,Niall Murray, Maloney Derham,Martin Dunne to the States or Canada for the summer and combined with Experienced lads like Cormac Nelligan,i think they will be fine.
I'd have to agree after seeing quite a bit of the first round of champioship matches. I don't too many will trouble them unless Castlerathan had a lot in reserve against Ramor, which I don't think they did.

god i thought the rahan were cruising, i expect big things from this year

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 22, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
championship starts tomorrow night for the weekend, we have Corlough in Breffni, will be looking for a win, anyone else? who are ye playing/ your chances?

Drumalee in K'Garry Saturday at 5.

Local Derby,really its 50-50,Both teams had good wins the first day out.
We beat them in the league a few weeks back,dont know if that will have any bearing on the game,wouldnt think so.

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 22, 2009, 11:07:25 PM
championship starts tomorrow night for the weekend, we have Corlough in Breffni, will be looking for a win, anyone else? who are ye playing/ your chances?

Drung and Drumgoon Friday evening in Breffni also.  Drung havent enough up front to bother Drumgoon and if Fannin hits form he could run up another big score. 

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:09:04 PM

God i hope not  :D
i dont think Redhills would have enough in a Championship semi final or Final to compete with the Gaels.
The Gaels could stick in Eamon Reily,Crotty at corner back,etc and negate Gumleys influence.
Redhills backs would find it extremely difficult to stay with the Gaels movement and guile up front even without Jelly and maybe Lyng.

boojangles

Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:11:17 PM
Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

PS Good to see ye all back  ;D

You cannot be serious??

BallyhaiseMan

Heard our management brought back Jamie Coffey. Interesting to see if he plays against Lacken and how players react to it.

Theres a blast from the past RednBlack!!!!
He was a very good footballer on his day.
Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:12:39 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:09:04 PM

God i hope not  :D
i dont think Redhills would have enough in a Championship semi final or Final to compete with the Gaels.
The Gaels could stick in Eamon Reily,Crotty at corner back,etc and negate Gumleys influence.
Redhills backs would find it extremely difficult to stay with the Gaels movement and guile up front even without Jelly and maybe Lyng.

I know if would be a nightmare  :D

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:16:24 PM

Hed make any club team better,Players just outside the Top 15-20 panel on club teams  from my experience dont have too much problems if players of top quality return late in the season and get game time on the seniors,Its normaly when lads that they dont rate are put in front of them,that the arguments start!!  ;D
Ive seen it with Ali Pickett returning in Ballyhaise and theres never been problems.

How long has Coffey being away, what age is he now?

Pickett was never away to long was he?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:21:27 PM

A few different years hes only been back seriously in August and has played no games all year,but he was fit enough after a few weeks training to play for the Seniors.
Hes away at the minute on an Around the World Trip,been gone since January,so you might see it happen again this year  :D

Well thats fair enough but the Killygarry thing seems a bit desperate to me. 

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 11:21:27 PM

Well thats fair enough but the Killygarry thing seems a bit desperate to me. 

i wouldnt say that, Coffey was a good footballer who if hes working as a personal trainer would be in good shape.
Hed be a good man after a few weeks training even to make an impact for 10-15 minutes at the end of a game.

cavan4ever

Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:28:11 PM
Just spoke with one of the lads and he said Coffey trained tonight and was flying. Like he had never been away.

Was he playing football in England?

cavan4ever

Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:30:50 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:29:46 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 11:28:11 PM
Just spoke with one of the lads and he said Coffey trained tonight and was flying. Like he had never been away.

Was he playing football in England?
i believe so

Well if he has the fitness as you reckon and has being playing a bit off ball he would definately be worth a bit of game time.  Just think its strange the way you say that he has being brought back, why would they not have brough him back last year when you got to Semi Final. 

put-it-up

Lads I can't believe it. I played poker for won night (the mispelling  of 'one' is intentional ;D) and i miss, probably, the bitchiest night of this board's history....gutted!

Suppose I better head to bed, before I get given out to by Hollow Man for staying up too late! ;D