Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 04:12:50 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 22, 2009, 11:35:49 AM
Just heard that Kingscourts Barry Reilly is in Australia having trials with a AFL team this week.

I wish Barry the very best of luck and hope he makes it.
Yes he will be a tremendous loss to us as hes the best natural talent we have.
But im all for a GAA player making as much out of his sporting talents as he can.

As am I... I don't get this whole "the AFL are robbing us of the next generation vibe" that is doing the rounds at various levels in the GAA - the whole thing is very selective really.  Far more gaelic players are being lost to soccer and rugby (not to mention just dropping out coz of lack of interest or due to interest in other things but that's a separate matter)
For example we have a young fella about 20 or so... very good footballer but he is the European Pool Champion so he doesn't have the time for Gaelic anymore while he is a loss, the best of luck to him and there are no complaints about it from anyone in the club. But I bet ya if we were to have a young fella in Barry Reilly's situation there would be a certain bit of moaning over the AFL by a few people in the club - and I would imagine that would be the scenario in most clubs in the country
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 22, 2009, 03:49:04 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 22, 2009, 12:01:25 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 21, 2009, 11:57:36 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 21, 2009, 11:53:28 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 21, 2009, 11:49:05 PM
Unfortunately I do not think Lawrence has been reincarnated, and I am worried for his safety! I didn't see him in the shop today flicking through the papers, which is a worry.

Maybe there is just a big lock-in in Canningstown though and he is fine - we will find out!

Went onto the HS for the first time in a while and saw some young buck has already set up a thread with regards to next year's minor team.....Some things never change!

Any word on Graham's future?

i would say he will wait until Ballyhaise's championship has ended before deciding what he wants to do.
He might fancy a go at The Gaels job next year, you never know.

Keep forgettin he is over Ballyhaise! What do the lads from the club think of him?

I dunno if he would go in as the manager of the Gaels to be honest, at the end of the day he has been playing with the whole squad for a few years. Would be a tough situation to be in, managing your mates.

the Lads would swear by him,the Training is terrific,not one session the same as the next one.
You wouldnt find a Ballyhaise player out of the 40-50 we have that has a bad word to say about him.
Thats saying something aswell if you know our history of giving out about and falling out with managers. ;D

heard ye had a massive turnout for training in our place last Sunday morning.....says a lot about Mickey.....have good time for him.....now between you and Boojangles.......who gets the home dressing room in Crubany this weekend!!!!! will put a Cavan Post in each room for ye to read  ;D

Leave the free one  in the Drumalee dressing room,
Boojangles obviously doesnt like to pay,
I have no problems paying for it,  ;)  :D

I hav no problem wit Barry Reilly or any Young lad headin off and the Best of luck to them but Id b lying if I said I wouldnt b disappointed if he leaves for Oz.
Big S could sort ya out wit a free one BH Man,he wasnt writing in the paper for nothing ya know!! :P

Hollow Man

Quotei can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
Patrick Galligan(Killygarry)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

Do you have any other names to add HollowMan?
You seem more interested in pointing out whats wrong with what other board users posts,than actually naming alternatives or getting involved in the discussion.
When i asked a few questions about your own club about a week ago, You were nowhere to be seen.
Leave the football talk to adults,Theres a good girl  

Ballyhaise Man, you named one goalkeeper as a potential county man who hasn't played in over a year and doesn't live in this county. You named another who is the second best in his own club (the fella who is better than him was on the Cavan panel as a goalkeeper this very season). I pulled you up on it - you were talking shite again, WERE YOU NOT?

PS: Please can you stop using capital letters For no Reason in the middle of sentences. Your non-use of apostrophes and your spelling (pre-madonna was your nadir in this department) are also annoying. It's hard to take someone seriously when they lack the ability to use basic grammar which is learned in baby infants.
Anglocelt39, CeltMan and cavanmaniac, to their credit, take the time to at least write properly.

PSS: Please don't try to be funny or clever when you cannot construct a legible sentence.

Hollow Man

I think I will run a competition to find the most popular posters on here, with a secret ballot conducted by PM's. Nominations open tomorrow.

Denn Forever

Having seen Joe Dillon playing in that U16 game, I hope nobody from the AFL was looking.   His style of catching would be made for the AFL. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 22, 2009, 06:47:38 PM
I think I will run a competition to find the most popular posters on here, with a secret ballot conducted by PM's. Nominations open tomorrow.

Don't bother. Although you seem to think so, this isn't a popularity contest.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 22, 2009, 06:45:23 PM
Quotei can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

You seem more interested in pointing out whats wrong with what other board users posts,than actually naming alternatives or getting involved in the discussion.
When i asked a few questions about your own club about a week ago, You were nowhere to be seen.

Ballyhaise Man, you named one goalkeeper as a potential county man who hasn't played in over a year and doesn't live in this county. You named another who is the second best in his own club (the fella who is better than him was on the Cavan panel as a goalkeeper this very season). I pulled you up on it - you were talking shite again, WERE YOU NOT?

PS: Please can you stop using capital letters For no Reason in the middle of sentences. Your non-use of apostrophes and your spelling (pre-madonna was your nadir in this department) are also annoying. It's hard to take someone seriously when they lack the ability to use basic grammar which is learned in baby infants.
Anglocelt39, CeltMan and cavanmaniac, to their credit, take the time to at least write properly.

PSS: Please don't try to be funny or clever when you cannot construct a legible sentence.

Another Post About Football By Hollow Man,
I Dont Really Care If My Use of Capital Letters In The Middle Of Sentences(OR LACK OF COMMAS  ;D ) Annoys You.
You Are A Clown.
C wat i did der!!!  8)

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 22, 2009, 07:32:35 PM
Having seen Joe Dillon playing in that U16 game, I hope nobody from the AFL was looking.   His style of catching would be made for the AFL. 
I seen him play under 14 for Kingscourt a few years ago and you could tell he was going to be a serious player even though he was only i think 12 at the time.
Is he under 16 again next year,do you know?

cavan4ever

Quote from: boojangles on July 22, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
Quote from: Hollow Man on July 22, 2009, 06:47:38 PM

Don't bother. Although you seem to think so, this isn't a popularity contest.

It isnt a grammer or splling competitoin either.

Rollout

Quotei can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

I think that should be PPS. PSS would mean Post Script Script, which doesn't make sense.
http://cavan.handball.gaa.ie

The Ulster Handball Open 2007

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Rollout on July 22, 2009, 08:22:19 PM
Quotei can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

I think that should be PPS. PSS would mean Post Script Script, which doesn't make sense.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well lads, I was away for a week on holidays and I see a lot has been posted-too much to go over I'm afraid. I've started a new thread on the Local GAA page if any one feels up to it, apart from the obvious of course.

Hollow Man

You are correct Rollout. I personally have no problem with the odd typo. It's 'sentences' like this:

QuoteC wat i did der!!! 

that I dislike.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 22, 2009, 09:08:33 PM
You are correct Rollout. I personally have no problem with the odd typo. It's 'sentences' like this:

QuoteC wat i did der!!! 

that I dislike.

u r dead rite. 3 exclamat'n marks is way 2 much

Hollow Man

The PM's are flooding in already. In case you aren't sure who to vote for, I will provide a brief synopsis of one 'charcter' on here per day. Firts up is our middle-aged chum from east Cavan, Mr Anglocelt39.

Anglocelt39  - Never sees a club match and by his own admission gets to one Cavan game a year. Doesn't seem to know many of the current Bailieboro players either, which makes his opinion more or less worthless. Still, he's in exile but follows it online  through Northern Sound, which is proof that he's a true supporter. Nobody could go through that if they weren't. Not a bad fella overall, despite constantly referring to Hollow Man as Hollow-skulled and the timeless classic "shiteforbrains".

Stay tuned for more, ladies!  :-*

Hollow Man

PS: Rollout - you don't post here much and it's hard to know how you will fare in the upcoming "Best Poster on the Cavan Thread" competition. Can you perhaps explain your unusual sobriquet (that's nickname, BallyhaiseMan) as a way of properly introducing yourself to the board?

Regards,
Hollow Man