Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 21, 2009, 05:40:00 PM
I like some of that team and some of t I am not so mad on..Think it is silly to expect Packie Leddy and Barry Reilly to go straight into the senior set-up. I think they will struggle to get a starting spot on the U21's next year and I dont like when lads are asked to go straight from minor to senior its too a big of a step up unless in exceptional circumstance like Aidan O'Shea from Mayo.

And let's be honest Eddie's time is up at IC level. We all love his attitude but time and time again he has failed to produce the quality. 

Put it Up, any comment on proposed change between the sticks? ;)

you post  wasnt directed towards me AC ,But Goalkeeper is one position i believe we have plenty of cover for.
Eoin Elliot(Cavan Gaels)
Colm Anderson(Cuchullains)
Shane Sheridan(Lacken)
Charlie Clerkin(Castlerahan)
Fintan Reily(Redhills)

None are as good as Miller on his "day",but anyone of them 5 would be solid and dependable.

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 21, 2009, 05:40:00 PM
I like some of that team and some of t I am not so mad on..Think it is silly to expect Packie Leddy and Barry Reilly to go straight into the senior set-up. I think they will struggle to get a starting spot on the U21's next year and I dont like when lads are asked to go straight from minor to senior its too a big of a step up unless in exceptional circumstance like Aidan O'Shea from Mayo.

And let's be honest Eddie's time is up at IC level. We all love his attitude but time and time again he has failed to produce the quality. 

Put it Up, any comment on proposed change between the sticks? ;)

Wouldn't agree with it to be honest?

Do you know the name of the Drumlane keeper? He is quite good.

boojangles

Darren Murphy?? I tink is Drumlanes keeper these days.Altho Danny Kelly is also a keeper for them,he would have been around the Senior panel when he was Under 21.Both are good keepers.
Full-Back is a massive problem and until its fixed,above any other position, we are going nowhere.

cavan4sam

Charlie is a good shot stopper alright but out of those you mentioned he is the last I would go for, your heart is always in your mouth when he is coming for a high ball. He is actually only the second best goalkeeper in Castlerahan after Brian Coleman but he wants to play outfield.

mylestheslasher

What about Lacken, any decent players there? They always seem to have a big team but is there any county standard in the squad?

cavan4sam

Raymond Galligan is definitley county standard if he is interested.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 21, 2009, 08:27:34 PM
What about Lacken, any decent players there? They always seem to have a big team but is there any county standard in the squad?

Crowd of wasters myles.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 21, 2009, 08:40:11 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 21, 2009, 08:27:34 PM

Crowd of wasters myles.

My "wasters" post was a good few days ago, have you spent all that time thinking up that retort. If you have I would have expected something much better and wittier.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on July 21, 2009, 08:37:57 PM
Raymond Galligan is definitley county standard if he is interested.

Lacken played and beat Aughnasheelan in a challenge on Sunday. A lad I know marked Raymond Galligan and said he was very good. Is he not interested in IC football?

cavan4sam

Galligan destroyed Barry Cusack for us a weeks back and has a result Barry is struggling for his place.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 15, 2009, 12:53:27 PM
QuoteIs there a sliding scale of how much a waster you can be versus time on the panel?

I just think someone who has been playing for cavan over 10 years deserves a bit more respect. 

Is Jason, Dermot, Peter and Larry Wasters?   

Id guess you would say they are.

I was waitng on your reply to my question myles.

Hollow Man

QuoteShane Sheridan(Lacken)

Sheridan hasn't played for Lacken at all this year, he is playing for a club somewhere in the west.
Clerkin is the second best goalkeeper in his own club.

Come on BallyhaiseMan, you're better than this.

mylestheslasher

I don't know would I call them wasters, but...

Red n Black posted here that Jason was falling around Belturbet drunk in the week leading up to a match. Not acceptable. Red n  black is a well informed poster so I have no reason to doubt it.
Larry put a heap of weight on when he should have been at his prime in his late 20's - not acceptable. County players need to keep themselves in shape when they are not training.
Peter by all accounts was a pro but he isn't playing anymore so why is he on the list?
Dermot has been a great servant and a lad I went to school with but missing matches when it suits him this year put a big black mark against him. If he wasn't in it 100% this year he shouldn't have made himself available

My point to you is that living on a past earned reputation gets us no where. You're only as good as your last game and no more. I don't care if a lad is 10 yrs or 10 months playing, they should get the same treatment.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 21, 2009, 09:40:21 PM

Sheridan hasn't played for Lacken at all this year, he is playing for a club somewhere in the west.

i can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
Patrick Galligan(Killygarry)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

Do you have any other names to add HollowMan?
You seem more interested in pointing out whats wrong with what other board users posts,than actually naming alternatives or getting involved in the discussion.
When i asked a few questions about your own club about a week ago, You were nowhere to be seen.
Leave the football talk to adults,Theres a good girl   :-*

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 21, 2009, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: Hollow Man on July 21, 2009, 09:40:21 PM

i can name more yes
James Carolan(Lavey)
Patrick Galligan(Killygarry)
David Clegg(Cootehill)

Do you have any other names to add HollowMan?
You seem more interested in pointing out whats wrong with what other board users posts,than actually naming alternatives or getting involved in the discussion.
When i asked a few questions about your own club about a week ago, You were nowhere to be seen.
Leave the football talk to adults,Theres a good girl   :-*

Ballyhaise Man, lock your doors! I think HM will be trying to hunt you down tonight!