Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the salmon of knowledge

an update on that is givney is home but has one hell of a headache, and his has gone completely black from bruising.

my point is not that he plays IC, false raps really bug me, stand up to a man if your able to and box away if thats what your into

put-it-up

jesus sounds like Givney got a right good doing. I can take county lads being targeted - once its hard and fair. From what Iv heard if he done what he did to Givney in a nightclub, he would be done for assault....

How are everyone's clubs shaping up before championship after the five week break. Our lot played Crossmaglens second string in a challenge at the weekend. They are a feisty bunch!

We are now definetly without 4 from the team that started against Drung - all key players. Though I better point out they were all injured before that game!

Two major doubts. In total five our seven that are the spine of the team up the middle are potentially out.  :'( Hope we can scrape past Ballymachugh

cavan4ever

Drung arent to worried about the Championship this year, more important to stay up in league this year.  Keith Fannin beat us on his own last weekend scored 9 points so none off are backs are looking forward to marking him again friday evening especially on a bigger pitch.  Mick Mcdonald did nothing until Galligan went off after about 20 mins.  As for that game Drumgoon had no jerseys and were half an hour late in getting them and offered Drung the points but the Drung chairman said he wouldnt do that to Drumgoon.  Poor decision and 2 points could have got us out of the relagation area and 1 point from 3 games could have made sure of staying up which im sure our good friends in Ballyhaise could have organised  :P

cavan4ever

Cavan posts thinks this is the team to get Cavan back on the road

1. Alan O'Mara
2. Joey Jordan
3. Eoin Smith
4. Darren Smith
5. Eamon Reilly
6. Mark McKeever
7. Ronan Flanagan
8. Trevor Crowe
9. Declan McKiernan
10. Paul Brady
11. Mickey Lyng
12. Eddie O'Reilly
13. Gerard Pierson
14. Ray Cullivan
15.  Seanie Johnston

Subs

James Reilly
John McCutcheon
Gavin Duffy
Rory Dunne
David Gibney
Tomas Reilly
Paddy Gumley
Dermot McCabe
Gearoid McKiernan
Ray Galligan
Niall McDermott
Packie Leddy
Barry Reilly

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 21, 2009, 11:06:54 AM

1. Alan O'Mara
2. Joey Jordan
3. Eoin Smith
4. Darren Smith
5. Eamon Reilly
6. Mark McKeever
7. Ronan Flanagan
8. Trevor Crowe
9. Declan McKiernan
10. Paul Brady
11. Mickey Lyng
12. Eddie O'Reilly
13. Gerard Pierson
14. Ray Cullivan
15.  Seanie Johnston

Subs

James Reilly
John McCutcheon
Gavin Duffy
Rory Dunne
David Gibney
Tomas Reilly
Paddy Gumley
Dermot McCabe
Gearoid McKiernan
Ray Galligan
Niall McDermott
Packie Leddy
Barry Reilly

I like some of that team and some of t I am not so mad on..Think it is silly to expect Packie Leddy and Barry Reilly to go straight into the senior set-up. I think they will struggle to get a starting spot on the U21's next year and I dont like when lads are asked to go straight from minor to senior its too a big of a step up unless in exceptional circumstance like Aidan O'Shea from Mayo.

And let's be honest Eddie's time is up at IC level. We all love his attitude but time and time again he has failed to produce the quality.

the salmon of knowledge

yea read this in the post this morning, fact of the matter is this team would have serious flaws;
numbers 1 to 5 have no IC senior experience, neither has one of the midfield pairing and the other one wont play for Cavan no matter how much we write it up here or on the paper.
one of the half forward line is past it with another sure to be injured come this time 12 months.

to be honest a very naive and easy team to write on paper, which reeks of wishful thinking from the lads at the post.

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 21, 2009, 11:49:52 AM
yea read this in the post this morning, fact of the matter is this team would have serious flaws;
numbers 1 to 5 have no IC senior experience, neither has one of the midfield pairing and the other one wont play for Cavan no matter how much we write it up here or on the paper.
one of the half forward line is past it with another sure to be injured come this time 12 months.

to be honest a very naive and easy team to write on paper, which reeks of wishful thinking from the lads at the post.

Eamon Reilly has plenty of experience but the whole thing is lazy esp the forwards.

Celt_Man

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 21, 2009, 11:49:52 AM

About what I've come to expect to be honest
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

More or less agree with you boys. With regards to the experience, a couple of rookies next year are going to be have to given a try because sure if you do want lads with experience we are just going to end up with the team we have had for the past five years you know? Are we not looking for new formulaes and to five lads a chance?????????

Darren Smith is not a corner-back so don't know how he could be put there, but I have said it before - I think he deserves a shot every bit as much as Ted at FB.

The HB line does look solid but I must admit I am still a fan of McCutcheon.

McKiernan at midfield is not big enough, if we are taking a gamble it should be on his namesake Gearoid.

Half-forward line is pretty bad. Not much imagination used there.

FF line is what it should have been all this year. Hope Gumley gets another shot next year too.

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 21, 2009, 11:06:54 AM

1. Alan O'Mara-Maybe in a few years-Would really need to improve in the air,former employee of the Post,lazy opinion
2. Joey Jordan-Maybe?-hasnt been around County team in few years,never let Cavan down tho
3. Eoin Smith-jurys out-worth a try
4. Darren Smith-same as above
5. Eamon Reilly-does he want to play? Best CHB IN Club football
6. Mark McKeever-Up to himself
7. Ronan Flanagan-YES
8. Trevor Crowe-NO
9. Declan McKiernan-Not at the moment
10. Paul Brady-YES
11. Mickey Lyng-Who knows?
12. Eddie O'Reilly-NO-Headless,not a team player
13. Gerard Pierson-Up to himself
14. Ray Cullivan-YES
15.  Seanie Johnston-YES

Subs

James Reilly
John McCutcheon
Gavin Duffy
Rory Dunne
David Gibney
Tomas Reilly
Paddy Gumley
Dermot McCabe
Gearoid McKiernan
Ray Galligan
Niall McDermott
Packie Leddy
Barry Reilly

I wouldnt take anything the Post writes too seriously because TBH its only 1/2 mens opinions,who know damn all about Cavan football.Sports Editor is from Donegal FFS. From the subs named bar the few Minors coming through,we have heard it all before. I would fancy Niall McDermott to make a breakthrough shortly though.Good prospect.

put-it-up

Did all of you people buy the paper? ;D

i think i'll just head down the shop, get the rashers in and have a quick browse....i might meet Lawrence down there! ;D ;D ;D

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on July 21, 2009, 12:17:27 PM
i think i'll just head down the shop, get the rashers in and have a quick browse....i might meet Lawrence down there! ;D ;D ;D

Did you not hear me yesterday,Put it Up,I have never bought the Cavan Post in my life.I will have my FREE copy after Lunchtime. ;D ;D

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on July 21, 2009, 12:27:47 PM

Did you not hear me yesterday,Put it Up,I have never bought the Cavan Post in my life.I will have my FREE copy after Lunchtime. ;D ;D

Boojangles you are my hero! If I was ever stuck for a bit of money could you lend me some of your confirmation money  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not much of a perk is it, a free Cavan Post :D

Haha

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on July 21, 2009, 12:31:40 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 21, 2009, 12:27:47 PM

Boojangles you are my hero! If I was ever stuck for a bit of money could you lend me some of your confirmation money  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not much of a perk is it, a free Cavan Post :D

Haha

Jesus lads take it easy-Hollow Man already confessed his undying love for me last nite,now this.Il not be short on confidence for the Big game on Saturday thats for sure!!

I still havent converted my Confirmation money into Euros TBH,My Communion money is keeping me going.

Mr Miyagi

Miyagi too read Post and thinks some of the team is interesting.

1. Alan O'Mara - Don't know too much about him only playing with underage teams he has been. Miyagi ask fellow man at work and he said his kick-out is very good and accurate. He say he not ready to by-pass James just yet but deserve McKenna Cup game or two.
2. Joey Jordan - Seen him play alot of the years. He is good friends with my Danielson. Does exactly what he says on the tin, if not him then the team needs another Ronseal style Corner-back.
3. Eoin Smith - Miyagi like a lot!
4. Darren Smith - Miyagi also like but prefer to see number 3 on his back.
5. Eamon Reilly - From Miyagi's club. He would lead my Karate club. A real leader. Carr needs one of thems
6. Mark McKeever - Miyagi not sure over attitude. Miyagi sick of this and wants Carr to get 15 hard-working lads together
7. Ronan Flanagan - Blessed with talent
8. Trevor Crowe - His strength might even overcome Mr Miyagi himself. Football interest him does not
9. Declan McKiernan - Miyagi know little about him.
10. Paul Brady - If only he could put his attiude and effort into the water bottles and get the team to drink it.
11. Mickey Lyng - Miyagi knows how good he is but what would be the point of Danielson being good at fighting if he never fights
12. Eddie O'Reilly - no no no no no
13. Gerard Pierson - Not so sure over him. Has not done it enough
14. Ray Cullivan - Miyagi remembers Cullivan playign WF two years and wants to see him back there
15.  Seanie Johnston - Miyagi does not need to explain the reasons here