Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 20, 2009, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 20, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Drumbride beat West Cavan Gaels fairly handy last nite in the Park.4-11 to 1-6 or something like that.Very poor game.Drumbride got 3 handy goals in the first half and the game was finished as a contest after that. Don't mean to be negative but its hard to be hopeful for football in the West of the County if thats the best FOUR clubs could do. Seemed to be a few lads missing tho that should b playing.Aaron Duignan,Ollie Nolan,Enda Mc Hugh,Fergal Maguire.Probably a few more??
Michael McDonald at Midfield looked good at times,caught some great ball,still doubtful if he is mobile enough for IC level.

Heard Larry got 2-3, put-it-up please ;D

Yeah personally I think it is stupid havin four clubs together and why would swanlinbar not do it. Robbie Prior, the three Cunningham's and McKiernan and Tomas Prior would add a serious amount to that team. Mixing four teams together is too much - it cant work.

Brutal game of football, two bad teams, feck all of a crowd at it, no atmosphere or sense that it was the Senior Championship at all. As Boojangles said 3 handy goals given away by WCG after a decent enough start... I just want to forget about that match and pretend I was never there - that's how good it was
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 20, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 20, 2009, 12:18:14 PM
Drumbride beat West Cavan Gaels fairly handy last nite in the Park.4-11 to 1-6 or something like that.Very poor game.Drumbride got 3 handy goals in the first half and the game was finished as a contest after that. Don't mean to be negative but its hard to be hopeful for football in the West of the County if thats the best FOUR clubs could do. Seemed to be a few lads missing tho that should b playing.Aaron Duignan,Ollie Nolan,Enda Mc Hugh,Fergal Maguire.Probably a few more??
Michael McDonald at Midfield looked good at times,caught some great ball,still doubtful if he is mobile enough for IC level.

Heard Larry got 2-3, put-it-up please ;D

Yeah personally I think it is stupid havin four clubs together and why would swanlinbar not do it. Robbie Prior, the three Cunningham's and McKiernan and Tomas Prior would add a serious amount to that team. Mixing four teams together is too much - it cant work.
I think you probably answered your own question there.

I am so smart I answer my own questions. ;D

nah but you know what I mean it would have made more sense to put Just swanlinbar with SG or something like that!

boojangles

Mite be hard to believe but Larry got 2-3 and still was anonymous for most of the game.Thank God I didnt hav to pay in! Fannins goal showed a bit of class.You can tell he played soccer! If WCG had a decent Full-back 3 of the goals could have been avoided.

spoggles

from what i hear drunbride wil have no impact on the senior champioship.. john tierney is supposed to be goin well and larry will always get u scores as wil fannin but after that i cant see much fire power in the fowards. midfield is solid but immobile and the backs as a unit are quite good. i just cant see them puttin it up to a young fit team lik ramor the gaels or redhills.

boojangles

Quote from: spoggles on July 20, 2009, 01:11:26 PM
from what i hear drunbride wil have no impact on the senior champioship.. john tierney is supposed to be goin well and larry will always get u scores as wil fannin but after that i cant see much fire power in the fowards. midfield is solid but immobile and the backs as a unit are quite good. i just cant see them puttin it up to a young fit team lik ramor the gaels or redhills.

Well that point has been proven already,Redhills hammered Drumbride in the 1st round of the Championship.If they couldnt beat Redhills,hardly much hope of them beating the Gaels.

boojangles

Quote from: RednBlack on July 20, 2009, 01:31:57 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 20, 2009, 12:55:35 PM
Mite be hard to believe but Larry got 2-3 and still was anonymous for most of the game.Thank God I didnt hav to pay in! Fannins goal showed a bit of class.You can tell he played soccer! If WCG had a decent Full-back 3 of the goals could have been avoided.
A cousin of put it ups I see. Free Posts and now free matches!!!!!! whatever next!!!  ;D

Desperate times and all that.For the record I was doing umpire last nite.And I have never payed for a Cavan Post in my life either!! Its not what ya know!! ;D

put-it-up

booojangles you must get me into this umpiring business,,,,i could save myself a fortune and would actually get to do what my alias says  ;D

i know plenty of people that have never paid for a Cavan Post so your not the only one there!..haha

What is hilarious is the echo IS free and I still wouldnt pick it up!Unless i needed newspaper to help the new puppy settle in!!!

Swadman

Re: Amalgamations for senior c/ship.   Swanlinbar were asked at the begining of the year (Feb, I think) to join with the other 4 clubs but felt it would be difficult to meld the best of 5 outfits into one. There would be at least 5 selectors, you would need a convention to pick a team or make a move on the field. Games were fixed for the same week end as Junior c/ship games so it was decided that it was too risky and a distraction from the JFC. (as it turned out we lost our 2 midfielders to injury v Cavan Gaels B)
2 or 3 clubs is as much as should consider amalgamating and only after clubs and players give a full commitment to it.
I was at WCG's first game v Belturbet. You would need a seperate bus for the amount of mentors/coaches/doctors/water carriers they had with them. The team did quite well though and were only a point or two down at HT. They missed a penalty and had a back sent off then Belturbet got their game together in the last 20 mins and ran out easy winners. Hard to know how seriously lads are taking it now. Are they training together as a unit or with their own clubs who are all in the Junior C/ship? The latter I'd bet.

the salmon of knowledge

Quote from: Swadman on July 20, 2009, 09:38:57 PM
Re: Amalgamations for senior c/ship.   Swanlinbar were asked at the begining of the year (Feb, I think) to join with the other 4 clubs but felt it would be difficult to meld the best of 5 outfits into one. There would be at least 5 selectors, you would need a convention to pick a team or make a move on the field. Games were fixed for the same week end as Junior c/ship games so it was decided that it was too risky and a distraction from the JFC. (as it turned out we lost our 2 midfielders to injury v Cavan Gaels B)
2 or 3 clubs is as much as should consider amalgamating and only after clubs and players give a full commitment to it.
I was at WCG's first game v Belturbet. You would need a seperate bus for the amount of mentors/coaches/doctors/water carriers they had with them. The team did quite well though and were only a point or two down at HT. They missed a penalty and had a back sent off then Belturbet got their game together in the last 20 mins and ran out easy winners. Hard to know how seriously lads are taking it now. Are they training together as a unit or with their own clubs who are all in the Junior C/ship? The latter I'd bet.

this is why mountnugent declined to join munchies and maghera

Hollow Man

I like you Swadman. Informative and no bullshit (which I hate).
Well done.

Hollow Man

QuoteAre you 100% sure it was Pauric SOK? He has been in Austrailia for 3 Years.

Wrong again Boojangles. He is home and back playing.

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 20, 2009, 11:28:37 PM
QuoteAre you 100% sure it was Pauric SOK? He has been in Austrailia for 3 Years.

Wrong again Boojangles. He is home and back playing.
I was simply asking a Question SmartAss. I stated he 'has' been in Austrailia,not 'is'.So Im not wrong-so go f**k yourself. :-*

Hollow Man

I like you Boojangles, almost despite myself. Sure you're stupid and nigh on illiterate, but you're funny; it's your little ways.
The way you don't pick up sarcasm. The way you ALWAYS take the bait. The way you are totally, 100 per cent sure on your opinions, no matter what.
Good on you Boojangles! Long live Boojangles! Long live GAAboard!
UP CAVAN!

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 20, 2009, 11:57:28 PM
I like you Boojangles, almost despite myself. Sure you're stupid and nigh on illiterate, but you're funny; it's your little ways.
The way you don't pick up sarcasm. The way you ALWAYS take the bait. The way you are totally, 100 per cent sure on your opinions, no matter what.Good on you Boojangles! Long live Boojangles! Long live GAAboard!
UP CAVAN!

Ignorance is bliss Hollow!! And Ignorance is something bred into me.
Stupid and Illiterate-oh now I see-your being sarcastic again!!

I like you HollowMan.Informative and no bullshit (which I hate)
Well Done

Long Live HollowMan Long Live the King

big balla

mcdonald is not up to county standard judging on saturdays performance. he caught very little that was actually contested and looked very awkward and sluggish. kicked a great point in the second half but they were up by about 15 points at the time